Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiritual Warrior

Where is self- love on the spiral and how do I embody it?

10 posts in this topic

I believe there are aspects of self love at all stages. At red and orange, fighting for your own survival physically and socially is a type of self love, and blue and green is where the realization that love for others is love for yourself starts to kick in, even though it sometimes gets distorted. At yellow and turquoise i believe it starts to become more conscious, and like - wanting to love yourself and learn how to - is in a way a proof of self love. 

I find it helpful to spend time with people that speaks lovingly about themselves, there mistakes etc.  - Most stage green/yellow people will do this. Leo has also made a video on "what is love" - when i listen to it (and also the video on how to stop people pleasing) I feel it triggers self love feelings, and wanting to take care of myself and be with myself.

I can also recommend reading the journal of user @Sincerity - reading some of the posts in it made me remember how I want to talk to myself. 

Another way to embody it is also to start a self-pleasure practice, like having sex with yourself in a more sensual "spiritual" way. 

3 hours ago, Sine said:

I can also recommend reading the journal of user @Sincerity - reading some of the posts in it made me remember how I want to talk to myself. 

It's only a recent development... :D You're too nice Sine.

@Spiritual Warrior Yeah talking to yourself in a nice way is really transforming. Not only does it greatly change your attitude towards You, but also towards others. You'll see everyone in a much more positive light.

Try calling yourself sweetheart once in a while - and mean it. :) In your thoughts, journal entries, reminders on your phone, calendar events, sticky notes, out loud... Whatever names You like, get creative. Call yourself how You'd want to be called by your loved one. And notice the difference in your well-being.

You receive love by giving it to yourself. Then with that love You gain the strength to give more. It's a possibility for You to become an endless fountain of love. So go for it! And do it in a way that works for You. How would You like to be given love? How would You like to give it?

Edited by Sincerity

acknowledge that you already do love yourself, otherwise you wouldn't have made it this far, but that you just aren't very good at it.

Perfect question! :) 

You could start by not talking yourself down. For example

"Wow I am so dumb"

"Why can't I do this"

"I am so ugly"

Delete these kind of thinking from your mind.

Replace it with positive Self-Talk.

Accept and be kind to yourself. Especially when you think you fucked up, be gentle and loving towards yourself.

By being gentle and loving towards others.

When you start to be loving and warm towards others, you will also start to be like that towards yourself.

And there is no real boundary between others and you anyways.

Spend time with yourself. Doing things that you love to do.

Care for yourself. If you feel down or like there is something which doesn't feel right. Look into it. Don't just overlook it and distract yourself. 

❤️

Honestly this is a great journalling question 

You can probably just journal, how do I love myself and come up with answers 

For me, it comes up as being easy on myself and giving myself patience and grace 

Just saying I love you to myself works great too, and also talking to yourself kindly as you mentioned 

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is leo said in a video that you can literally fall in love with yourself. Thought that was pretty cool at least for me bc that's a potential healing goal we can have 

But great question, much needed for my contemplation session 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Self Love / self love 

I've read of 2 usages. In The Fourth Way (Esoteric Christianity) self love is mostly referred to as being egoic, self-centered, self satisfied, conceited etc.,,, 

I equate this almost with contemporary self esteem,,, 

As I understand it, to integrate we must develop a healthy ego so that it can then be transcended. Perhaps this could be placed as the difference between Tier one and tier two..?

Self Love equating as self understanding, self acceptance,,, Maybe even Self realized,,,

Self Love / self love at first glance looks paradoxical,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Spiritual Warrior  Because of the contradictions I pointed out, Maybe it could be seen as a contradiction in usage of phrase,,,,?

par·a·dox

[ˈperəˌdäks]

NOUN

a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when investigated or explained may prove to be well founded or true:

"in a paradox, he has discovered that stepping back from his job has increased the rewards he gleans from it"

SIMILAR:

contradiction

contradiction in terms

self-contradiction

a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory:

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn