koops

Is the World Economic Forum the Yellow Politics we were looking for, or is a scam?

7 posts in this topic

Im reading a lot of bad stuff about the WEF.

Im suspicious. Seems a bit demonic to me.

But maybe is a more holistic way of dealing with the problems of the world on a bigger scale, in stead of doing it each country on its own (which is still important).

What are your thoughts on this?

I am wondering what the WEF is supposed to be good for.

It is not a form legitimate centralised power which could enforce global economic player into behaving.

And if it were a form of centralized power, this could be even worse since it is composed of economic elites. Earth would basicly become one giant oligarchy. 

I don't want to completly rule out that this form of informal cooperation could lead towards a better way of adressing some global problem such as climate change. However until now there has not been any particular success by the WEF, right? 

Finally, when it comes to wealth distribution I would never trust economic elites to improve that (-> one giant oligarchy) 

Honestly I believe in heavy checks and balances to keep human nature in check. I'm skeptical of anyone who says they have all the answers and thinks they should lead in any way that suggests they dictate to people. I honestly haven't read enough into the WEF to know what to think of them. I've seen some wise things come out of them and some not so wise.

I don't believe in the top 5% getting special privileges, so if they think they are going to get everyone to eat vegan or insects, while they enjoy their Ribeyes, that's not going to fly. Either they apply the rules equally for everyone, or don't bother at all. It wouldn't hurt if they all got rid of their private jets also, if they are so concerned about climate change.  People see these wealthy elites doing all the things they tell everyone else not to do, and thus don't take them seriously.

Rules for thee, not for me, is NOT, I repeat NOT going to cut it. Lead by example, or don't lead at all. The major problem with our system of checks and balances is that right now, it can be bought out if you have enough money, and these people print money out of thin air, known as quantitative easing.

Edited by sholomar

@koops

I’d recommend not getting caught up in the conspiracy theories and anti-elitism around the WEF.

On 27.05.2023 at 0:01 AM, sholomar said:

Either they apply the rules equally for everyone, or don't bother at all.

This.

Its safe to be cautious and skeptical of ultra-wealthy people that fund politicians.  In a way there isn't much to do about them if they are conspiring so it might make it easier to assume the best of them or just ignore the skepticism about them....

@koops

On 2023-05-26 at 5:12 PM, koops said:

Im reading a lot of bad stuff about the WEF.

Im suspicious. Seems a bit demonic to me.

But maybe is a more holistic way of dealing with the problems of the world on a bigger scale, in stead of doing it each country on its own (which is still important).

What are your thoughts on this?

No step in a direction is perfect, this is just a bunch of humans being human, being nasty and ignorant to evils they make, intended or unconscious. Yeah, it's kind of a yellow structure looking at the WEF, but needs more polishing as it's mostly BS.