StarStruck

What is the opposite of love?

95 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Not always the case. From a wise position you will become calmer and self-reflective. You also don’t want to destroy them, you want to understand them. 

That is true. But i meant ego. Ego when it is threatened always becomes fearful first and then becomes angry, judgemental etc.

Responding with calm is a quality of presence more then ego.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Really the opposite of love is separation. selfishness, fear, hate, all come from separation. the more fragmentation, the more tenuous is love. the fragmentation is imaginary, therefore the lack of love is imaginary, but it feels very real. the less fragmentation, the more love, until reaching the unity that is absolute love, which is reality

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Really the opposite of love is false perception of separation.

+1

Ignorance is another good word for it

Edited by Salvijus

Any and all statements must also be seen for their opposites in order to experience deeper states of Love.

For example, if I say that Fear = Love, then your reaction to that statement will be precisely how deep your understanding of Love is.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Not always the case. From a wise position you will become calmer and self-reflective. You also don’t want to destroy them, you want to understand them. 

You cannot have fear without Love. 

Seems like he is making a lot of assumptions

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

To be honest this is a weird response to the explanation why ego and contraction is the same thing ? tho my explanation wasn't very good.

I'm just giving some criticism. Seems like I touched upon a sensitive topic for you.

51 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Really the opposite of love is separation. selfishness, fear, hate, all come from separation. the more fragmentation, the more tenuous is love. the fragmentation is imaginary, therefore the lack of love is imaginary, but it feels very real. the less fragmentation, the more love, until reaching the unity that is absolute love, which is reality

It is imaginary but real if you believe it is real.

Edited by StarStruck

7 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Seems like he is making a lot of assumptions

I may be as well. Yet, all assumptions can be seen directly as Love.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

11 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I'm just giving some criticism. Seems like I touched upon a sensitive topic for you.

I just find it weird. You ask what is the opposite of love. I say contraction. Then i give a bad explanation why contraction and ego are the same thing and then you say im indoctrinated with buddhism and these ideas of enlightenment are total bs. I just don’t see the connection how you got there.

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

I just find it weird. You ask what is the opposite of love. I say contraction. Then i give a bad explanation why contraction and ego are the same thing and then you say im indoctrinated with buddhism and these ideas of enlightenment are total bs. I just don’t see the connection how you got there.

Ok, you are clearly not having a hissy fit right now.

badguy.jpg

59 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Ok, you are clearly not having a hissy fit right now.

badguy.jpg

Ouch. Now this one hurt

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Ouch. Now this one hurt

Ouch = Hurt = Love

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Ouch = Hurt = Love

Hitting that love G spot lol

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Hitting that love G spot lol

God’s favorite spot ;)

In my opinion, the opposite of love comes from pain.

Take for example, you got Covid-19. You will obviously be in some sort of pain or disease. Don't tell me you are in a state of love with covid because your cells are in union together with covid virus. So anything that brings you pain will cause you to not have love. It can be anything like fire, AIDS or poison. So what does all these things do to you? They make you fearful, lazy and also you hate them.

Edited by hyruga

@hyruga What if you’re having a deep and emotional conversation with your partner, specifically about a topic that pushes both of you past your comfort zone? Do you all of a sudden not love them?

44 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

:)

:x

21 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Behind every hate is fear actually. 

Every time someone threatens our survival, we become angry, and we want to destroy them but fear is behind all of it from the start. 

Same with pride and arrogance, we seek to boost our ego to be on top of others, but this stems from insecurity (also a form of fear) etc.

Greed and selfishness is a form of fear of survival aswell

Basicly everything stems from the fear of death, except love.

It's definitely a good idea.

What about entities you have zero fear of but don't love? For example, the KKK doesn't scare me whatsoever because I'm white, but I still don't love the klan.

On 26-4-2023 at 5:37 PM, OldManCorcoran said:

What about entities you have zero fear of but don't love? For example, the KKK doesn't scare me whatsoever because I'm white, but I still don't love the klan.

Don't make him angry by questioning him. He can bite.

badguy.jpg

@StarStruck ? you got me there. 

On 2023-04-26 at 6:37 PM, OldManCorcoran said:

I would guess there's still some subtle judgement going on. Like "these people are weird but who cares they don’t bother me" or "not my type of people to hang out with" so it's a subtle rejection of them. And rejection like judgement are both children of fear.  Your real emotions about kkk would show up much clearer with you faced them face to face also.

Now i could try to give an explanation of why judgement and rejection are born out of fear but StarStruck is really going to be offended again by my bs "buddhists" ideas lol

A short explanation would sound like this, if you don't consider someone your friend, in some way you alienated and push them aside from yourself. It comes from self-protection, cautiousness, doubt, suspiciousness, judgement etc. all of which are forms of fear.

So there are only two possible emotions, either you include everyone as a part of yourselve with Love, or you reject them and push them aside which comes from fear. And fear has many forms. Love also has more then one form probably. You're either inclusive with your emotion or exclusive. There is no other option.

Btw, being inclusive doesn't mean you approve their behavior if it's a behavior which stems from ignorance. It means you don't condemn them and you still regard them as worthy of love. There's a lot of misunderstandings that happen on this front. If someone is going to be that one, it is really going to give me "my gosh...." moment :D

Like this "oh my gosh..."

ffs-baby.gif

Edited by Salvijus

On 2023-04-26 at 6:37 PM, OldManCorcoran said:

There is one exception to this, if you're abiding in total detachment from life. It's called i-don't-give-a-fuck-about-anything samadhi in sanskrit language. But it's rare. Very rare. Only beings like Ramana Maharshi can be where you neither like anyone, nor dislike anyone. Just pure space, pure vaccum of void, with total diregard emotionaly to the phenomenal existence.

Edited by Salvijus