StarStruck

What is the opposite of love?

95 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

No im talking about total elimination of boundaries as well. But im also saying there are two ways to eliminate your boundaries. One is through total inclusiveness, and that results in love, passion etc. And another is through detachment, that results in stillness and no care or interest in anything. And in both states there's total union, and no boundaries.

??

Which came first? xD

Love and detaching from desire leads to enlightenment, which leads to love and detaching from desire. Light resonates with light.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

I could name a few... 

Not to reinforce your Buddha accusations, but funny thing about names...

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao; The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things. 

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

20 minutes ago, Moksha said:

??

Which came first? xD

Love and detaching from desire leads to enlightenment, which leads to love and detaching from desire. Light resonates with light.

What i would propose that one doesn't lead to the other. Meaning that if one abides in emptiness absorbtion, will not have the element of nondual love. And if one abides in nondual love he will not know absolute emptiness and detachment at that moment. At best one can jump from one state to another but cannot be at both simultaneously.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Leo must fucking cringe when he sees questions/posts like this. He must he has to. Because the guy has given so many answers to this it’s unreal. Just watch his episode of ‘what is love’! He can’t really say much more about it than that??‍♂️. Yet these questions keep popping up on his forum. It’s stuff like this, when he knows, who is and who isn’t doing the work. He can’t always tell don’t get me wrong, who is doing the work and who are watching his videos and taking them seriously. But believe you me he certainly knows those who are not. If you’ve been watching and listening to this man’s work, and had some awakenings, I’m not saying everyone should have had awakenings by the way, but if you even just follow the guys work properly, then a question like this should never be asked. Or what I mean is, on this forum anyway, if ya get me. I understand that some of you people have questions and need to ask and talk about things, so do I, that’s why I’m here, writing this. But I think we know, that if you’re doing the work, even if that is just contemplating from your sofa, that all these basic questions are answered through his videos. So you people, or some of you’s can not actually be watching and taking them in. Just mentally masterbating bullshit. Oh and by the way his videos arnt answers, but they will help and guide you towards what those answers may be 

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

What i would propose that one doesn't lead to the other. Meaning that if one abides in emptiness absorbtion, will not have the element of nondual love. And if one abides in nondual love he will not know absolute emptiness and detachment at that moment. At best one can jump from one state to another but cannot be at both simultaneously.

People sometimes get confused about emptiness. It's not the absence of reality, but the absence of unreality. The enlightened being isn't sitting there in solipsistic solitude, it is seamlessly chilling with its friends.

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

How's that "throttling the light" working out for you. 

It's not surprising somebody would take what I shared and try to use it against me. Almost thou persuadeth me to be offended :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Squeekytoy said:

Speaking of... Thank you for not seeing me at all.

To your essence ?

@Squeekytoy Defeating the hydra isn't about heroic effort, which only exhausts you, but about realizing that the hydra is only the shadow of the mind. The more you engage with it, the larger it looms. Instead of sparring with it, focus your awareness on the light, and the shadow falls behind.

4 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

But I think we know, that if you’re doing the work, even if that is just contemplating from your sofa, that all these basic questions are answered through his videos. 

You shouldn’t be treating Leo’s videos (or anybody’s videos for that matter) like the Bible. 

You can gain new insight from watching a video and reading a forum discussion about the same topic.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

11 hours ago, Moksha said:

I can't speak for buddhas (@squeekytoy xD), but I can speak for myself.

As I see this, detachment = disillusionment = enlightenment = love. It is all realizing the same absolute within, between, and beyond all beings.

If you are attached to an identity, it defines your reality. It creates a false sense of separation. You are different from others, and others are different from you. You believe that love, happiness, and fulfillment are states to be reached by manipulating apparent situations outside of your apparent self, and you invest all of your awareness into this endless pursuit, which only barricades you further from realizing the absolute that is always this, but is lost within its cosmic dream of separation.

The state of total detachment is the state of total inclusiveness. When the absolute realizes itself, there is nothing to be attached to, or to separate itself from. All apparent differences dissolve.

You are apathetic to the appearance of separation in the environment, but you are entirely aware of the unity within and beyond the environment. You are immersed in everything, because everything is the same absolute.

Think of it as that final moment before the drop dissolves back into the depthless ocean. It is still the subtlest hint of a drop, but its boundaries have already evaporated.

Illusions are part of that reality as much as your so called truths. 

7 hours ago, Moksha said:

People sometimes get confused about emptiness. It's not the absence of reality, but the absence of unreality. The enlightened being isn't sitting there in solipsistic solitude, it is seamlessly chilling with its friends.

So are you 100% confident a state of total stillness, detachment and uninvolment doesn't exist?

It feels like this convo is not getting anywhere. I guess we have different views of enlightenment and what it entails and lets just leave it at that. 

Edited by Salvijus

10 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Illusions are part of that reality as much as your so called truths. 

Time, space, and matter are only relatively real. They morph based on the perception of the observer.

Absolute reality is immutable.

9 hours ago, Salvijus said:

So are you 100% confident a state of total stillness, detachment and uninvolment doesn't exist?

I'm 100% confident not only that it exists within the dream, but that stillness, detachment, and uninvolvement are synonyms for love.

I understand words aren't helping here, so will be still. xD

15 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I'm 100% confident that stillness, detachment, and uninvolvement are synonyms for love.

15 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I understand words aren't helping here, so will be still. xD

No no. I heard you loud and clear. 

It's just that i see it differently.

7 hours ago, Salvijus said:

It's just that i see it differently.

:x

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT