KobywithaY

Are Animal Fats Really Bad For You?

10 posts in this topic

All our lives we've been told animal fats are dangerous and should be avoided. I'm curious as to if this is really true. People on the internet say so many different things and you can kind of get lost in the science. I think disease and illness stem from processed food and things that you can't find naturally. Many indigenous and primal cultures live on whole foods and nutrient-dense food that have animal fat. My dad from Ghana said he grew up eating wild game, fish, root vegetables, fruit, and tallow from the animals.  He never got fat or had any health problems growing up. But I will say he has been modernized with a western diet now lol. From my own experience, I feel my best when eating a lot of animal fat along with carbs and protein all from whole and real foods. Anyways I'm just curious to see what real people think and not youtube gurus.

They aren't terrible if you don't overeat them. They are just particularly bad fats. Butter is one of the least nutritional fat sources, for instance.

The only animal fat that somewhat healthy is Ghee. Although I would never touch anything unless its from natural grass-fed cows that live in organic farms away from all the poisons in cities. Cod liver oil is another good supplement.

I no longer use animal products whatsoever because my frequency no longer tolerates them but those are two good options for "support".

As above so below, as within so without.

The issue with real life experience around this topic in particular  is that most of us around here are too young, so none of us would have actually felt the consequence of eating a high saturated fat diet such as getting a heart disease or stroke.

This is, for me personally, the biggest issue I have when guys in their mid 20s tell me "I eat tons of red meat and I feel fine" - it is an irrelevant anecdote because the real downside effects might become apparent in their mid-50s by which time most carnivore eaters will be on a cocktail of medication preventing rupture of arterial plaque with a severe arterial calcification but you won't know anymore because all these conversation will be long forgotten. 

Consider asking this on a forum where you have a higher population of older men and the answers might differ.

This forum where the most population is 22-28 is the wrong place to ask. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I don't know. I feel particularly good after eating them especially lamb. Lamb is way superior to beef, change my opinion ?

On 4/2/2023 at 8:05 PM, The0Self said:

Butter is one of the least nutritional fat sources, for instance.

I think this is wrong. I remember watching a dr Berg video about all the nutritional value of butter.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I don't know. I feel particularly good after eating them especially lamb. Lamb is way superior to beef, change my opinion ?

I think this is wrong. I remember watching a dr Berg video about all the nutritional value of butter.

Smoking cigarettes can make someone feel good, doesn't mean it's good for you

Just now, Asayake said:

Smoking cigarettes can make someone feel good, doesn't mean it's good for you

not in this way. It feels good in a healthy way.

I recently quit coffee and have increased meat consumption quite a bit and as a result feel so much better, calmer, better able to focus. Prior to this change, I ate meat very sparingly, perhaps once a week. Skinny guys like me can probably benefit a lot from occasionally increasing high-quality meat consumption.

As Michael says, this might not be a suitable strategy for the long-term, though. Eating meat five times a week for years and decades, likely not the best decision for your health.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 2.4.2023 at 3:45 PM, KobywithaY said:

Many indigenous and primal cultures live on whole foods and nutrient-dense food that have animal fat.

Many indigenous and primal cultures have engaged in things like tobacco smoking and alcohol consumption. It's possible to survive while engaging in behaviors that compromise your health and longevity. So the fact that something has been done by humans for a long time does not mean it promotes health and longevity. It could, but that would be for a different reason.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Well Said Carl

As above so below, as within so without.