Andrey

No Bullshit Tolerance !!!

9 posts in this topic

It is becoming more and more clear to me that the good life entails no bullshit tolerance. What do I mean by that?

Sometimes we hear stuff we don't agree with and just smile politely. Or we are in a job / partnership / relationship we don't like but keep rationalizing it. We might be controlled and manipulated by cunning people in our life. The amount of suffering this leads to is staggering.

What are some of the major reasons we fall into such traps?

• I think one of the reasons is that the outcome is not clear. Most of the times when you want to achieve a goal, you have to suck it up and keep pushing, despite the nasty people you have to deal with, or the fact that the work feels exruciating and soulless. As Seth Godin puts it, you don't know if you are in a dip or cul-de-sac.
  • Another reason is the belief that we can't make it alone. That we somehow need those people, and / or our life depends on them.
  • Inability to trust ourselves, we don't know wether or not to trust our intuition, and if those thoughts are coming from an ego source.

What is required to overcome this?

To allow oneself of being rude. The ability to be confrontational, be decisive, be bold. Ability to take consequences of your decisions, to fail and take responsibility for it. Ability to set boundaries.

This applies to all the bullshit we tell ourselves as well.

Let me know your thoughts on this topic and some strategies you use effectively to resolve such situations. Thanks.

I think flexibility is necessary for this matter. Taking no bullshit doesn't necessarily mean confrontation. You can simply get the fuck out of the situation or even forgive the person, so you don't hold grudges or feel revengeful, which in itself, is a type of bullshit. Life is more nuanced than "confront every piece of crap you find your way", especially because the world is full of shit.

as you get more evolved you note that what you are exposed to is overwhelmingly BS ... can't be helped

key is, have a finely tuned BS detector, and don't allow yourself to get triggered and or side-tracked

remember everyone you meet is operating according to their level of consciousness

find a good crowd you can learn from, have pity on the ones who are stuck in the mire

no need to confront people or try to change them, you just work more on you and in this way you will create a new planet

But the amount of bullshit that someone can tolerate depends on their own blueprint or beliefs about the world.

For example, why did you leave a space between the word "Tolerance" and "!!!"? Why did you put three "!"? That's bullshit!

I also start this post with the word "But". Is that another bullshit?

I think its about not letting peoples bullshit waist your time.

To view your time as your most important asset.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 3/23/2023 at 10:18 AM, integral said:

I think its about not letting peoples bullshit waist your time.

To view your time as your most important asset.

This could be counter productive though, If you take everything too seriously it freezes you.

In life we must say no to almost everything otherwise things will go crazy quickly

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

This could be counter productive though, If you take everything too seriously it freezes you.

Ye but it seems to me your taking this thing pretty seriously? lol

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Leo‘s radical open-mindedness and sincere kindness shouldn’t be taken for granted. Unbalanced forms are sometimes ruthless for reasons which are difficult to understand due to their profound insignifiance. This thread is a great summary, thank you. Sensible psyches are exponentially vulnerable to these issues and shouldn’t ignore red flags.