MisterNobody

[Solipsism] Can consciousness really be duplicated?

28 posts in this topic

The easy answer would be: Consciousness is omnipotent and omniscient, it can do whatever it wants, there are no limitations. 

But if you think deeply about it, how can ONE (the only one in existence; actually existence itself) duplicate ITSELF???

How can it duplicate its own essence? How can it create more than one instance of consciousness? 

Is it true that this is a shared dream between multiple instances of consciousness? Are we all imagining the same playground? 

Or is this my dream alone, and I'm the only conscious experience here? Am I the only one alive, the only one having a human experience?

I keep posting about Solipsism, sorry if I bother some of you. Be open minded, understanding and keep your nasty comments to yourself

2 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

keep posting about Solipsism, sorry if I bother some of you

It's the best topic, the most difficult to understand imo.

Let's see, consciousness cannot be duplicated, it can be limited. You as an entity are perception and memory. both are limited, finite. your pov is a creation of your perception and memory. if you remove both, you access the real pov, which is unlimited. your perception systems do not add something, they take it away, creating a concrete experience. this experience is illusory, and there are many. they are all really the same pov, but they look different.  

there is only one real experience, yours. many apparent experiences. they are nothing, a mirage, like a hologram. everything is you. there is no time, no space, no separation. there are overlapping constraints that seem to act separately. remove your limitation, and all others collapse on you

I thinking about something and the next day Leo or others I followed create a video about that. This happening always.
Leo aware this possibility?
I experience a kind of practical solipsism.

Duplication and any other appearance of separation is not ultimately real.

Although words are only words, my definition of Consciousness has evolved. As I see it, Awareness is absolute and Consciousness is the apparent localization of Awareness. Just as Atman is localized Brahman, rays are localized sun, and waves are localized ocean.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@nachiketa infinity is definitely compatible with solipsism. you cant know if solipsism is true or not

also, you are surely not your pov. you are the impartial , detached observer behind it all. your pov (your ego, biases, life experience) are all predetermined creations. you are the spectator inside the body

On 3/18/2023 at 4:10 PM, MisterNobody said:

The easy answer would be: Consciousness is omnipotent and omniscient, it can do whatever it wants, there are no limitations. 

But if you think deeply about it, how can ONE (the only one in existence; actually existence itself) duplicate ITSELF???

How can it duplicate its own essence? How can it create more than one instance of consciousness? 

Is it true that this is a shared dream between multiple instances of consciousness? Are we all imagining the same playground? 

Or is this my dream alone, and I'm the only conscious experience here? Am I the only one alive, the only one having a human experience?

I keep posting about Solipsism, sorry if I bother some of you. Be open minded, understanding and keep your nasty comments to yourself

it's already doing it all the time, it's called dreams

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

5 minutes ago, MisterNobody said:

@Jowblob dreams don't happen simultaneously to "reality". It's one after the other

I don't understand your definition of duplication, consciousness itself can't duplicate itself it can only make itself smaller. The gods questions, What am I? How i came to existence? Why there are no others? , are the limits of infinity this is where the godhead or your pov resides. Those thoughts are the limits of god within the infinity, everything that is below these thoughts can be duplication of consciousness or whatever you want it to be but at that point it's simply turning into a dream.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@Jowblob my question is: since there is only ONE in existence, let me identify with that for the sake of this question, let's say ME=ONE, will I be having a conscious experience (qualia) from all avatars' pov that exist in this world? all avatars I mean all the people I know for example, or all people from the past?

the question can be formulated like this also: did the past actually took place? was I (consciousness; qualia) living through all the people's skin? did I feel pain? have I felt all the pain of world wars? will this world go one even after I die? 

Another way to ask this is: Is this a shared dream between instances of consciousness (past is real and took place; there is a future after my avatar dies) or am I the only one having qualia, the only one alive in a body , and this universe was born with my avatar and dies with my avatar? Am I the only one feeling pain or I was/ will be/ or AM (simultaneously) feeling pain through other avatars as well?

I did my best to explain I hope you understand 

19 hours ago, nachiketa said:

not in time not successively But simultaneously

Does my Consciousness or your consciouness can be conscious of all the pov possible and be individual at the same time ?

No

Almost, but yes it is "at the same time", you're hung up on time.

But may I ask where you learned this?

9 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

@Jowblob my question is: since there is only ONE in existence, let me identify with that for the sake of this question, let's say ME=ONE, will I be having a conscious experience (qualia) from all avatars' pov that exist in this world? all avatars I mean all the people I know for example, or all people from the past?

No, because when you're absolute all the ideas of other dissapear including their pov or what they might have experienced. You're the only one dreaming. So you won't have any conscious experience of other bevause there is only you.

the question can be formulated like this also: did the past actually took place? was I (consciousness; qualia) living through all the people's skin? did I feel pain? have I felt all the pain of world wars? will this world go one even after I die? 

No, because there is only one choosing the dream.

Another way to ask this is: Is this a shared dream between instances of consciousness (past is real and took place; there is a future after my avatar dies) or am I the only one having qualia, the only one alive in a body , and this universe was born with my avatar and dies with my avatar? Am I the only one feeling pain or I was/ will be/ or AM (simultaneously) feeling pain through other avatars as well?

I did my best to explain I hope you understand 

It's only real because you're dreaming and are being in the dream. When you dissapear it never happened

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@Devin I watched Leo's video on Solipsism and I misunderstood something he said because I was not listening very attentively (I was playing chess). It got me this idea that "my" qualia is the only qualia. Listened to the whole video again, this time more attentively, and realized he never said such thing. I thought more about it and it makes perfect sense "my" qualia is the only qualia

26 minutes ago, MisterNobody said:

@Devin I watched Leo's video on Solipsism and I misunderstood something he said because I was not listening very attentively (I was playing chess). It got me this idea that "my" qualia is the only qualia. Listened to the whole video again, this time more attentively, and realized he never said such thing. I thought more about it and it makes perfect sense "my" qualia is the only qualia

Now consider infinity, and that time is a concept. All imaginable, unimaginable,..... qualia 'will' be experienced right? We have infinity. Now consider time is a concept. This isn't a linear Newtonian physics concept, this is quarks and electrons jumping through space(actually happens in reality).

31 minutes ago, Devin said:

All imaginable, unimaginable,..... qualia 'will' be experienced right?

No. It is not necessary. This entire universe can be thrown away after just one lifetime. The only thing that was experienced was one qualia that lasted 70-80 years. This seemingly complex universe was created just for one lifetime to be enjoyed. It will be deleted afterwards

Just now, MisterNobody said:

No. It is not necessary. This entire universe can be thrown away after just one lifetime. The only thing that was experienced was one qualia that lasted 70-80 years. This seemingly complex universe was created just for one lifetime to be enjoyed. It will be deleted afterwards

Ohhh, well that sucks, what then, just sit in the dark for all eternity?

@Devin you'll create another one probably, where physics, time, etc might not even be a thing. who knows

5 minutes ago, MisterNobody said:

@Devin you'll create another one probably, where physics, time, etc might not even be a thing. who knows

It's eternity, EVERYTHING happens, every qualia, every way, inside and out, upside down. It's ETERNITY.

@Devin "God" doesnt give a damn about the fact that you imagined infinity and believe infinity has to manifest.