Twega

Leo's Take On Health

8 posts in this topic

My opinion on Leo's take on health in general and his health in particular (from the new happiness video).

Leo said that he tried everything and that he's still trying, but he did almost everything. This is something I often hear from people when talking about health. I highly doubt any of them actually did try everything. Let me explain: I could go vegan and think I'm doing everything but notice that my energy is low, a simple iodine deficiency can do that even if everything is on point. Or if I have a genetic mutation that makes me unable to synthesize carnitine, I'll be in deep shit.

This is a simple example where the solution is a simple supplement. In reality, the body and the disease process is much more complicated. This makes the statement that you tried everything unconvincing (for me), as there a thousand iterations one could do (behavior/lifestyle/nutrition/pharmacology).

Leo emphasized that genetics affect health. Yes of course, but literally the majority of diseases are epigenetic not purely genetic. Health is such a technical subject. I've been interested in health for more than 6 years, every day I read research and books, and i am subscribed to multiple newsletters from world-class experts. I have a membership in Examine.com where I get analysis of thousands of studies, and even my own personal direct experience with eating healthier, healing from insomnia (not completely) from chronic health issues -------- and I still feel like there's way more I can do that I'm not doing. A simple iteration goes a long way. Simply not getting early morning sunlight is enough to fuck up my sleep.

How sure are you that you actually tried a lot of things sufficiently? Were they the right things? In the right way? For long enough? There's so many stuff still unexplored, with new iterations.

Reminded me of Leo:

Edited by Twega

Leo seems like the kinda guy that if he says he tried everything, he's probably actually tried everything you could reasonably try to fix it

Unlike you or I, it's essentially his job to operate at peak efficiency as a human being.

Edited by something_else

It's impossible to try everything. When your health is bad it's a labor to try each next thing that fails to work. Randomly throwing stuff at the wall and hoping that something magically sticks is a terrible strategy. You will end up wasting a lot of time and money and get nowhere.

I have tried every reasonable thing that had a decent chance of working. I am not gonna go on a wild goose chase, testing every New Age thing under the sun.

At some point you have to accept your situation rather than trying to deny it. Genetics are a huge factor that you simply don't control.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you guys want to try something weird that can be easily misperceived as just new age nonsense but can literally cut down your sleep need by a few hours, make you feel very vital and full of energy and literally multiply your vizualization ability while altering your perception of time. 

Don't believe / try it out yourself / do your own research. Just don't blindly reject it like a dumbKant because it's unconventional.

- food combinatorics (eg no starches with meat etc - Google is your best friend - the point is to make your digestion as easy as it's on more restrictive diets (like meat only or vegan). This alone makes a huge difference. An example of what you might eat during the day:

breakfast: fruit only, maybe some honey, lunch: meat, eggs, vegetables, dinner: beans + another slow carb source

Ofc you have to make sure you get enough calories.

- no dairy and no gluten (try it even if you don't test for allergies)

- coffee enemas (most people have parasites they don't know about, this will pull them out)

- bee pollen

- high dose vitamin D

- adaptogens (like ashwagandha, rhodiola rosea, gotu kola and many others). I would choose at least 3 and use them every day. The effects compound over time.

- Mucuna puriens

- vitamin k2 high dose

- iodine

- organic tumeric and organic black pepper consumed with a meal containing fats

- food grade diatomaceous earth 

- bentonite clay 

- activated charcoal 

- methyl b 12

- magnesium 

- zinc

Edited by Michal__

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's impossible to try everything. When your health is bad it's a labor to try each next thing that fails to work. Randomly throwing stuff at the wall and hoping that something magically sticks is a terrible strategy. You will end up wasting a lot of time and money and get nowhere.

I have tried every reasonable thing that had a decent chance of working. I am not gonna go on a wild goose chase, testing every New Age thing under the sun.

At some point you have to accept your situation rather than trying to deny it. Genetics are a huge factor that you simply don't control.

@Leo Gura  I'm not suggesting any random or new age stuff, that's why I mentioned it is technichal. I'm very scientific when it comes to health.

Thats the thing with chronic diseases, its a double edged sword. In my case, insomnia: The less you sleep = the higher your cortisol = the higher your cortisol = the harder to sleep. It is a viscious cycle, it seems its the same with digestion/metabolic disorders, as in the worse your health the less able you are to eat or try stuff, therby worsening your health more.

Genetics makes you more susceptible to diseases, but that doesn't mean it is directly causative.

A genetic variant of Apolipoprotein E can make someone 11 times more likely to develop Alzheimer's disease. Still, this person can lower that risk substantially to the level of a normal person (this isn't my opinion, Peter Attia has this through his research and work as a clinician). If you weren't literally born with a genetic disorder, then its almost certain that epigenetics play a bigger roll in disease initiation and healing.

I understand its frustrating, I also think that way because of insomnia, but even if its genetics there's still solutions.

If i am hypogonadal because of genetics, I can go get TRT. There are still technical solutions (behavioral/Nutrition/Pharmacology), which most people never try. People always underestimate calorics intake, its the same with knowledge of health. That's why I always hear people say "I tried everything".

Edited by Twega

@Twega There is endless scientific technical stuff to try too. But that doesn't mean any of it will work. You can't just assume it will.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Message deleted

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I accidentally posted in the wrong forum.

In meditation, one may realize that sensations are merely another form of thought, and can be recognized, appreciated, understood, and let go with a mindful inhale, feeling the sensation fully as oxygen moves into the body, feeling pain gradually turn to the pleasure of relief, and exhaling whatever it is that does not serve you. It's exactly like letting go of a thought that no longer serves you. 

This is how we heal. We heal just by breathing in a heightened state of awareness.

Awareness alone is curative.

Edited by tuku747