Mixcoatl

For my scientific buddies

7 posts in this topic

Well, just a few months ago I was watching some Neuroscience videos and I found a channel called "professor Dave explains" which is basically a scientific guy that makes compendiums of science topics. I made a comment on one of his videos and he just answered me: " you know nothing. go watch my neuroscience videos and learn something".

I also discovered he made a video where he criticizes Leo Gura's channel.

He says something like: "i detect charlatans and destroy them". 

My point is the following. Is science dedicated to be an ego authority that aims to destroy other beliefs? I deeply feel like nowadays this is the spirit of science. The worst thing is that this guy criticizes so bad spirituality, accusing it to be just a bunch of dogmas. But he is in fact doing it: he is blindly believing all the things science is saying and repeating them like a ? without testing them himself. He criticizes reiki for being an arrogant activity but in one of his videos he says science has the legitimate authority to generate knowing.

The main problem with scientific people is the they think spiritual people are against them but it's completely the opposite. ?

Ok I just felt hurt for his comment and for the things he says about reiki because I have many reikista friends and I wanted to express it elsewhere.

He destroys what? That's not scientific.

He knows nothing.

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only altered in form.

He's just a guy who thinks he knows everything because he's a scientist. A lot of scientists think that their understanding of science trumps everything else and they don't need to understand philosophy because science.

Very few people are actually good scientists. What you see online is not serious science, it's just scientism as an ideology.

Ironically, Prof Dave has turned science into a religion through his arrogance and taking philosophy for granted.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A good rule of thumb as to whether someone is practicing scientism rather than science is the degree to which they believe that science can serve as a replacement for a more integrative meaning and purpose for their existence.

Which is why scientific pseudo -answers to these questions can be correct in the details, yet deeply unsatisfying for how partial they are for what actually matters to human beings. 

When used responsibly, science is an invaluable tool for making sure that the meta-narratives we weave arent totally out of sync with the intersubjective Reality that we live in (which was the main failing of organized religions that necessitated killing God). But science itself isn't a replacement for satisfying answers to existential questions, and where deconstruction goes, an eventual reconstruction must flow.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

He has a good intro to chemistry series, though. I mean practical stuff.

Edited by Girzo

On 3/9/2023 at 10:16 PM, Mixcoatl said:

He says something like: "i detect charlatans and destroy them".

It's kinda funny how these people like to act as though they are brilliant intellectuals yet their attitudes towards life tend to be very shallow and immature.

Professor Dave's intellectual abilities were too inadequate for even Vaush to handle. Let alone when it comes to metaphysical matters.

Edited by Extreme Z7