Someone here

Difficult to feel full

10 posts in this topic

As we age older.. Do we require more calories to feel full and satiated? I guess because our bodies get bigger and weigh more..so then It follows that we require more fuel?.. But also aren't we already have accumulated all that energy throughout our lives that we should feel hungry less often? I really don't know. 

I'm asking because Its difficult for me to feel full.. Which wasn't the case few years ago. Maybe it's due to me cutting out all sugar and junky carbs from diet. Idk. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The opposite. Older folk need less calories.

I have no problem feeling full on whole foods diet. Eat more till you are full.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You programmed your body to eat shit, so when it eats real food, it is not satisfied.

In Tate we trust

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The opposite. Older folk need less calories.

I have no problem feeling full on whole foods diet. Eat more till you are full.

Then why do we have something like the recommended daily calorie intake about 2,000 calories a day for women and 2,500 for men? 

Isn't calorie dependent on our physique, and weight? I'm pretty sure a bodybuilder requires more food than a simp. And how is that connected to age? Well as we Age from puberty to mid 20s we normally gain weight. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

You programmed your body to eat shit, so when it eats real food, it is not satisfied.

Is cereal with fresh fruits and honey considered "shit"? 

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Is cereal with fresh fruits and honey considered "shit"? 

If it is whole grain is should be satisfying. Drink enough water also helps. 

In Tate we trust

9 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

If it is whole grain is should be satisfying. Drink enough water also helps. 

That's typically my daily breakfast. I drink a lot of water. Eat lots of healthy vegetables and fruits. But you are right when you said I programmed my body to eat sugar (glucose). So now when I finish my main meal I crave some dessert. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Then why do we have something like the recommended daily calorie intake about 2,000 calories a day for women and 2,500 for men? 

Isn't calorie dependent on our physique, and weight? I'm pretty sure a bodybuilder requires more food than a simp. And how is that connected to age? Well as we Age from puberty to mid 20s we normally gain weight. 

The calories are rough estimations of course it depends on your weight, muscle mass, activity level, .. 

If you want to eat more food without gaining fat put on some muscles and take a lot of steps every day. 

As we age we normally loose muscle and don’t move as much. Even if we weigh more we still need less calories. 

Simply, you don't feel full because your body can't keep its energy stable enough. It needs more food to feel more stable, and so it craves more food to achieve that. The cravings have an intelligence to it, it's not just because your body hates you or something. It doesn't use energy efficiently enough for you to feel full after eating a nutritious meal, it wants refined carbs on top of that, because it has become very dependent on a steady influx of dietary refined carbs for energy.

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

Key word, "recommended". The recommended carb intake is also like 300g or something.

BTW, there are many studies showing that calorie restriction increases lifespan.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

Eat more? I mean more of the good stuff, not cake. 

Sailing on the ceiling