Someone here

What are your hobbies?

13 posts in this topic

What do you like to do when you're not working, studying, or telling internet people how wrong they are?

I'm a fan of horror movies and philosophy books, strategy board and card games (I have a group I hang out with most weekends to play games), pinball, modeling (I like doing pin-up and retro stuff), I try when I can to do live music occasionally. I've recently been  trying to write my own horror short stories (and no, I'll never share until I don't hate my own writing!). I do video games when I can, currently rocking a Switch and my roommate has a PS5 that I use. I have a few plants that I try to keep alive but I wouldn't call myself a gardener or anything.

How about you?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here Just listen to music really.

Though the way my psyche is means  I don't ever really get to rest

Edited by Ulax
Grammar

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

12 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here Just listen to music really.

Though the way my psyche is means  I don't ever really get to rest

Did you try to make music? I use a app called edjing mix to mix songs and create my own music. It's a whole different story when you actually listen to a song from your own making. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edjing.edjingdjturntable

I'm also addicted to music lol. When you listen to music, multiple areas of your brain become engaged and active. But when you actually play an instrument, that activity becomes more like a full-body brain workout. Playing an instrument is definitely your go-for hobby to get smarter. Almost every smart and famous person played an instrument: Einstein played piano for instance. 

-Osho

@Someone here I like that idea actually. I've never made music. Maybe I'll play around with it. Thanks :)

I would like to get good at playing an instrument. I've tried to get good at piano before, was going well but I needed to focus on other things.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

8 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here I like that idea actually. I've never made music. Maybe I'll play around with it. Thanks :)

I would like to get good at playing an instrument. I've tried to get good at piano before, was going well but I needed to focus on other things.

U r welcome. :)

If you love it, you'll do it. It just depends on how much you care. If you don't, don't worry about it; just enjoy music by listening. Focus on the enjoyment.

You just need to play with some consistency if you want to keep up your skills. Thankfully you don't need large blocks of time.. short sessions, if productive, are all you need.
look for local bars or coffee shops that have open mics. You'll get to play for an audience, plus you'll meet other musicians!

-Osho

9 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Making mistakes

I mastered that one.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

10 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Masturbation

Bruh! 

-Osho

I like taking photos, photography is my main hobby right now. To get some inspiration and new ideas for my photos I often visit deposiphotos. It is probably one of the best stock images platform. I just downloaded cool papaya images from there.There are many images, videos, vectors, illustrations, and music. If I need some new images I just discover large thematic collection of stock photography, and explore stock video and music library to find exactly what I need.

Edited by goldyz

31 minutes ago, goldyz said:

I like taking photos, photography is my main hobby right now.

What kind of photos do you take?

I love design. I can sometimes spend a couple of weekends on a project, think and draw it out down to the smallest details. I like to visualize and implement my ideas. But I work in a completely different field. Many times I thought about changing jobs, but so far I like design as a hobby. Recently, I've been immersing myself in the world of interior design, seeking ways to elevate and personalize my living space. In the quest for unique and stylish additions, I stumbled upon a captivating array of signs on the website here. These signs aren't just functional; they're an artful expression that adds personality to any room. Whether you're into home decor, safety signage, or anything in between, this website has a diverse collection to explore. Who would have thought that a hobby could lead me to discover such a treasure trove of creativity and functionality?

Edited by luckypenguin

Composing, writing and singing ceremony music/ motivational music

climbing mountains

snorkelling the coast 

meticulously studying and getting involved with my countries hearings, political issues and diving into the nitty gritty of research papers to find patterns and possible resolutions to problems.

wood carving for decorating my house which I’m currently building/renovating

consciousness study and practice ( astral projection/ reality shifting)

there’s plenty to explore but the time to do it is almost non existent. 

I used to build street carnival floats, giant puppets, marketing props ( poly sculpting and fibreglass) and costumes for the arts festivals around the country here but the pandemic wiped out the business. I loved it but that love diminished when the amount of work put into it didn’t result in any income or progress or growth in the business so I sold everything and gave it up. 

F3FF9AC6-F32B-491C-A4CA-192DC77DEE7C.jpeg

D06A5D32-35B1-45E1-BC87-8025FB2CCFB2.jpeg

My hobbies are exploring the various possibilities how to cope with toxic neighbours, and I also do music and try to work on my health.