lizz_luna

Conscious news? Where to source information

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

From a long time I have been fully isolating myself from everything that has been happening in the world in the big picture.  I am starting to feel called to inform myself more about politics and what is truly happening so that I can become a more responsible citizen.

I don’t really know where to source my information from and I don’t really like to watch the news as they come with a lot of fear based programming that I do not want to consume.

Any recommendations of websites/ sources of information where I can inform myself more about politics in a conscious/neutral way? 

how do you consume this content/inform yourself?

thank you!!

@lizz_luna I like the 'Pod save the world' podcast, relative to other channels on youtube.

Also, if you really want to step it up, I'd recommend studying some political science, and recent political history.

I.e. something like this lecture course:

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

i don't follow the news either but i do peruse high conscious reddit subs, the BBC news site first thing each day and the daily mail twitter feed (the US edition) just to get what the mainstream is talking about

Edited by gettoefl

@lizz_luna @Ulax I checked out that lecture a day ago. I wouldn't call him news, he gives his history and points which are valid. He's an intelligent man and to the point on Hillary, even if she won she would not fix the problems he talked about. Definitely Biden isn't doing anything now too. 

I don't think you can find proper news. Most of the alternative news and mainstream news are done by heresay. It takes a lot of money and physical time doing one story and even then if it's done properly people will reject it or support it and you will get confused.

The best news are done by people that do ground work and then writes a book on one subject. 

Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibi both are legitimate journalist. They've done field work. Glenn with snowden and Matt actually went to Trump rallies on his first run against Hillary.

The best news is you and your own backpack traveling and talking to regular people 

Edited by Tanz

On 25/02/2023 at 5:53 PM, Tanz said:

@lizz_luna @Ulax I checked out that lecture a day ago. I wouldn't call him news, he gives his history and points which are valid. He's an intelligent man and to the point on Hillary, even if she won she would not fix the problems he talked about. Definitely Biden isn't doing anything now too. 

I don't think you can find proper news. Most of the alternative news and mainstream news are done by heresay. It takes a lot of money and physical time doing one story and even then if it's done properly people will reject it or support it and you will get confused.

The best news are done by people that do ground work and then writes a book on one subject. 

Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibi both are legitimate journalist. They've done field work. Glenn with snowden and Matt actually went to Trump rallies on his first run against Hillary.

The best news is you and your own backpack traveling and talking to regular people 

@Tanz I get your point about it not being news. I see how you might see news as being something which is more about reporting on current events.

However, I think that if you get some real political science under your belt, you are able to read news sources in a way more critical way. 

Edited by Ulax
Spelling

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax Ive listened to Yanis Varoufakis for several hours.  I am more interested in psychology and sociology.  I used to listen to Sam Richards from Penn State a lot. Political science, to me, is an offshoot of sociology in how its structured academia.  If it were structured like it is in real life, it would be structured on how to get people to do what you want to favor your macro agenda; there would be a specialized module on lobbying, creating proxy wars, and destabilizing businesses and countries.      

The truth is money and business run our countries; the solution would be for citizens to rely on each other more and not rely on big business and politicians.  People will never get their way if they outsource the government heavily.