heisenburger

Glowing Recommendation The Sedona Method.

18 posts in this topic

I've been using the Sedona method which has been just ridiculous. It's a simple method where all you do is sit and ask yourself questions about an issue to release the emotions.

Here are the results I've gotten from it.

1: used to have severe anxiety at talking to girls, now I have literally none and I did this without having to actually talk to them, I overcame my fear just using the method. 

2: I was procrastinating on my life purpose and now find myself effortlessly moving towards it.

3: Activities that I once used to hate can now be fun, eg I'm in high school so things like maths assignments or essays beig due used to be painful and something I'd procrastinate. I'm gonna state that again because it's huge. Activities that were once painful after using the method can now be effortless. Imagine what this could be for your life, maybe you want to start a business but hate drawing up a business plan, just release on drawing up the plan and it can be effortless.

4: I can overcome any addiction (although I've just started focusing on releasing on it) so far I've overcome my addiction to the internet and playing video games.

5: I am way less detached from needing approval. I used to be shy and now using this I found I talk louder, make jokes more and am embarrassed way less easily. Sometimes it surprises me how I act as I'll spontaneously do something confident.

6: Huge increase in self esteem. Although I did read Nathaniel Brandon's book so that may be contributing to this as well.

7: Huge increase in my general happiness. Whenever I am in a bad state I can release on the emotions and either feel happy or be detached from how I feel so that I feel peace as it no longer maters how I feel. A fun little benefit is now whenever I start laughing I have the option of whether or not to enter uncontrollable laughter, if something makes me laugh I feel as though I could keep laughing for as long as I want, it's like a ccoice of whether I'll stop or not depending on what's appropriate.

It's ridiculous that more people haven't heard of this, if you just use the method and no other personal development your life could be amazing. All these benefits came just from focusing on releasing my fear of talking to girls, I haven't even stared releasing around things like money or success.

A couple points though.

1; It takes a while to really start seeing results from it, the 80/15/5 tile still applies, 80% of people won't get results from this because they are too lazy  to actually apply it. I did the audio course twice over four months and only really started seeing huge results after two months.

2: You may have to deal with traumas from your past coming up as you do the method. Eg I had an incident of being bullied come up which I had forgotten about, if it does come up though you can just use the Sedona method on it.

3: You won't be able to start releasing and see results today, if still takes a while to get benefit from it. The reason is because st first you'll want to suppress emotions because it's what we're trained to do as we grow up.

You can get all you need to do the method from this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Method-Happiness-Emotional-Well-Being/dp/0971933413

You can find a free PDF of it online if you don't want to pay.

They also have audio courses but they are not essential all though they are awesome.

You can also get free coaching on the method by asking questions on their forum regardless of whether or not you paid money for any of their products.

http://community.sedona.com/forum.php

Sounds really exciting! Thanks for sharing.

@heisenburger could you elaborate in brief how you did it. Thanks

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@heisenburger yeah..how did you actually apply the process

@Loreena I use something they teach called the goals process. 

So

1: Id we're down my goal. Eg one was

"I allow myself to effortlessly find and embody my life purpose"

2: id think of the first thought that came up. Eg 'I'm too lazy to follow through.

3: I'd recognise the want which was in this case wanting to be controlled.

4: I'd ask the three releasing questions could I let this want go? Would I want to let it go? And when would I let it go?

5: I'd either keep going on that thought until the want is gone than I'd read the goal again and move onto the next thought. And repeat until I feel like ill be happy no matter what happens as all thoughts about the goal have been released.

I do this process in the mornings and switch up the goal depending on what I want to create.

@heisenburger can you give an example of how you used it in your situation of getting bullied in school.

For sure the Sedona Method is an amazing toolkit everyone should have in their arsenal. I haven't actually studied this exact methodology personally but I know of it through methods that are based on it, use similar techniques or use the same central mechanism. From my experience, the use of these techniques are one of the answers to the question of 'how can I make continuous spiritual/developmental gains even off of the meditation cushion?'

In my understanding, the primary mechanism is allowing unconditional presence (acceptance of emotions and energy as they arise) which facilitates the automatic release of internal blockages. The 'release' of these emotions is very simple.  It is as simple as letting go of a weight we've been holding in our hands, and because it is so deceptively simple, most of us have a resistance to the process. There is a kind of unwillingness. That is where accessory add-on techniques like verbal/written exploration of a subject or asking ourselves questions like 'could I let this go?' come in handy, as they give us an effective door-way into the simple and fundamental process of release/healing.

From my understanding The Sedona Method provides different door-ways and techniques into 'letting go'

I'll illustrate its use and an alternate way of viewing it for anyone interested in reading more on the subject:

A teacher I'm fond of talks about this field in terms of intention and counter-intention. An intention can be something like making money, or being in a good relationship, or losing weight, being healthy, wanting to write a book, etc. Anything really. Think about something you would really like to experience and that would evoke some excitement. If you stay on that subject for long enough and feel into it, reflect it into your life and even take action on it, it will only be a matter of time before some kind of 'counter intention' within you pops up in the form of thoughts, feelings, events, etc. Counter intentions are anything that do not support the effortless alignment with your intention. Self defeating thoughts, opposing realities, cynicism, contractions or feeling bad in the body, fatigue, powerlessness, etc. Counter intentions can take an endless variety of forms. Even strong desire (neediness) is a counter-intention because it holds the experience that you want at bay from you. If it is a particularly 'charged' subject for you, then counter-intentions may rise immediately. These are manifestations of a blockage and they exist within you. If they did not exist, then you would effortlessly align with the realities that you desire, after all, if nothing internally was stopping you, why would you not align with that reality? You would overcome barriers and move towards your goals with confidence.

Counter intentions can be seen on the psychological level, but from a deeper perspective they are linked to physiological energies within the body as contractions. The problem with trying to overcome counter-intentions is mistakenly trying to change our environment or cover-up the counter-intention with more thoughts, actions or behaviors, or simply giving up. This is the method of trying to wipe a spot off your face by cleaning the mirror.  By recognizing that the barriers are within, they can be released, and one experiences effortless expansion in different areas of life.

So let's say your intention is to make money. By simply having an intention, it automatically  evokes the counter-intentions held within you. Some of those counter-intentions may be beliefs such as being rich makes you a bad person (guilt), or that once you have money certain people in your life may reject you (fear), or believing that you won't be happy until you have it (strongly charged desire). Most counter-intentions are indoctrinated belief systems inherited by others when we're young. These counter-intentions arise spontaneously, and unless dealt with, they will wear you down and avert you from your goals. This is partly because these counter-intentions are identities of the ego, and the ego only seeks to preserve its sense of reality.

So instead of trying to make money by battling through counter-intention after counter-intention and making it an up-hill battle, you can explore your counter intentions through something like The Sedona Method, and accept them/be with them unconditionally. Then, the very physiological root of the counter-intention becomes dissolved, and suddenly where there was doubt, struggle or fear, there is an expansion of awareness and you can see your previous reality for what it was: illusion. 

The most fascinating part about the process is discovering that clearing up counter-intentions (aka releasing internal blockages) on certain subjects has a universal effect on your experience. Meaning if you release fear on a specific subject, it is not only your experience with that subject that changes, because if you release fear on one subject, you have actually released some fear on all subjects that you've been holding on a deep level, and so you become less fearful overall in general. 

This release mechanism can also be done effortlessly and on the fly with anything that arises. If anyone's interested in more on that subject you can read Letting Go by David R Hawkins. I like that book, but there are others on the subject. These processes facilitate that same kind of purification of the nervous system that meditation does, which is a gradual release of contraction and subtle traumas of the nervous system, which in turn allows spontaneous raising of consciousness. This is the path of surrender. 

Before understanding these principles, difficulties in life, negativity and anything that opposes your desires are perceived as negative, and as keeping you from what you want. After practicing these principles and methods, they are instead understood to be the perfect stepping stones that are opportunities to move closer to what you want, 

So that may have been a bit of an elaborate explanation... but I think it's a deeply fascinating subject and people can mistake it for some kind of a psychological trick or positive thinking. It is in my experience one of the fastest routes to expanding in different areas of your life. 

@heisenburger Beaitiful. This is literally the most important basis of PD and spirituality. The release of suppressed tragedy. 
I find it funny guys trying to get good at "pick-up" by actually talking to girls. lol! How silly! :-p .

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Arman  Thank you so much. :) it helped a lot. 

@Arman Great description. Really appreciate you taking the time to write all this out. I want to share my experience, and would like hear your take. 

For context, I've heard of the concept of "being with" for a long time, and it was basically my go-to tool. However, truth be told, what I've found was a lot of effort, temporary relief, and not super stellar results.  The Sedona Method is something I just started with, and so far it seems to work faster. So I asked myself, what is the biggest difference? 

In "being with", I was more or less taught to "hold the uneasy feeling". Soften the feeling. Hold it as though holding a baby, as though I am the good parent that I never had. I am essentially asking myself to withstand the ill feeling in an attempt to to have the ill feeling feel accepted and thereby stop acting up. In this modality, the ill feeling is a representation of my inner child. And the inner child needs to feel not neglected but accepted to quiet down.  

Using the Sedona Method, because the language is more focused on "letting go." I dissolve the ill feeling by simply allowing it to leave. In this modality, the ill feeling is simply reacting to something I said or believe in. I find the thought or belief that's causing this unease, and letting that go. There's no holding or coddling. The acceptance is the overall understanding that in my ignorance I am hurting myself. So I let go of the hand that's doing the hurting. 

The biggest difference in my internal perspective is that, whereas in "being with" I saw the pain as the inner child, in Sedona Method, the inner child doesn't come into play. If anything, when I am in pain, I am more in touch with the inner child, the vulnerable part of me that cannot easily let go of the stimulation. So I help myself by letting go the stimulation. It's a much more direct approach. And it's more self-validating too. because the underlying assumption here is -- yes, I feel the pain, and yes, I will help myself out of it.

That's my perspective so far. I'd love to hear whatever thoughts you may have on this. 

@greenleafx Ok very cool share and you bring up some really cool points that I haven't thought about a lot.

I struggle with keeping posts short so apologies for another lengthy one!! I can't help it. (honest)

You articulated some of the different perspectives or methods towards the 'practice' well. 

There seem to be a lot of different ways that it's packaged. Even when describing what the practice is doing at its deepest levels I think gets a bit vague. Whether it's letting go, releasing, integrating, healing the inner child, etc. It's hard to actually know what's really happening, and I suspect that the truth of it is a bit of a mystery, so I think these processes each come with a kind of unique "packaging" in order to help us look in the right direction or try to make sense of it. All that we know is that on some level we are transforming. Different packaging also seems to be fit for different temperaments and different stages of the journey. From my experience it is not about whether a teaching or practice is high or low, good or bad, the effectiveness is going to depend on the person it's reaching. What we may call letting go someone else might simply call prayer. They too ask for healing, they too release on the subject. 

Like describing the very essence of 'what you're supposed to do' when you do the practice is hard to explain sometimes, but what makes sense to me or to you might make no sense to somebody else. I think that 'being present', 'softening your focus', 'letting go', 'surrendering', 'holding the uneasy feeling', 'being with your inner child' are all the same sign posts to what is essentially the same fundamental mechanism, at least that's how it has felt for me. 

All the methodologies seem to try to make sense of what's happening from a different angle. For example I think that the model of healing the inner child is a great one. It makes sense to me, because it seems that much of the emotional blocks or the "stuff" that needs releasing is related to childhood traumas. They are like moments stuck in time. The visualizations of returning to your inner child and loving and holding them gently is beautiful to me, and I think it is allowing people to feel and return to emotions and parts of themselves that they have resisted for a long time. I've done this practice in the past and thought it was amazing. I think it helped me learn about myself. 

So while the 'content' of the various kinds of packaging all seem to point to the same thing, the context in which they are presented is different, and I think that context may be effective or ineffective for a person depending on where they're at. Like one of my earlier introductions to the process was through Teal Swans 'shadow work', which again I think is using the same mechanism. I would dedicate hours to 'healing', and I feel like I made some good inner leaps, but it also felt unsustainable and gave me the sense that I would be healing forever. Maybe at some point we don't want to think of our inner child as our hurt innocence, but instead want to see it solely as a bright light and continue to grow in another way. If that's the case, at that point it would be wise to switch packaging/paradigms. I also like Matt Kahns method of just repeating 'I love you' again and again to oneself. Sounds weird but I think for some it just works, and allows them to be with themselves. Loving yourself seems to activate that mechanism, too. Also maybe there's some other magic going on with that practice, lol. Who knows. 

When I say whether particular packaging is 'ineffective or effective' I'm mostly referring to to our ability to make the practice sustainable and to be able to contextualize the inevitable challenges that arise. After all it is of limited use to be gung-ho on a practice for a week or two then to forget about it. It is also of limited use to engage in a practice, get temporary gains, then be confused and even heartboken that it seems we are still falling victim to our old patterns, just when we thought we had finally outrun unhappiness. 

One of the problems I have found with this work is that we start to wise up to the emotional charges that arise, but they get more subtle in their trickery. What seems to happen is that the very fear, confusion, grief, hurt, etc that we are releasing begins to attach itself to the very idea of the process that we're doing. We do some healing, some growth, release some worries, then they seem to increase and it's confusing and it seems sure that we're failing or the process isn't working. "This isn't working." "Things have gotten worse." "I'm angry yet again." "Sigh... Every time I get hopeful, life makes me more miserable." In actuality, we are striking deeper at the core of what is unravelling and at this point it is wise to turn the very process yet again onto what is arising. It is a very common pitfall, and an example of something that research and context could help one to avoid and overcome. 

These methods have both important short term and long term benefits. I think ideally our focus and intent is held gently on both. It's also typical that we become so tunnel visioned with the discomforts and suffering that arises in the moment that we just don't see how much progress we've made. That we aren't quite as fearful as we used to be. That we have more courage, more ability to love, and that when we become depressed, maybe we are only depressed for a few days instead of two weeks. Good gains. So again, some courage, ability to zoom out our focus and to see the whole journey, and to understand what kind of gains we can expect to make are qualities of an effective context or packaging. That's why I think good research and checking out different teachers can be useful, because knowledge tends to make our ability to practice more sustainable.

thanks for letting me ramble on a subject I love :) 

@Loreena sure, when I was very young I had a prominent forehead. In class someone called me mega mind which obviously being a child made me feel bad. This caused a few self esteem issues, I released on wanting to feel safe and wanting approval and found the issue still persisted. It turned out there was a hidden reason it bothered me which was wanting to be one, I felt like since I looked different at least back then I wanted to fit in to merge, and I had convinced myself that having this facial feature made me distant from others. So I let go of my need to be one which took a few releases. You need to find the want behind bullying and release it. Normaly it will be wanting approval or security or wanting to change something, but in my case the reason it persisted after releasing these wants is because of the hidden want for oneness.

Edited by heisenburger

@Arman Thanks for the fantastically insightful reply. I can tell that you are someone who has spent the time on this journey with a great eye for detail and introspection. I would say that I fall into the same camp and has been whipsawing my way around for a couple of decades. I think your point about "packaging" and the ultimate individual mystery is spot on. Yes. Totally agree, and it's quite good to hear you making this observation.

Everyone's starting point is different. Each of our core challenge, temperament, timing, whereabouts in the journey... are all different and it necessitates different degrees of tackling. Also, as we dive into different levels of unraveling, different techniques may resonate better. While ultimately I believe each of us will arrive at the same integration, each path is going to look different. But for each author that puts out a technique or method, it necessarily is based on the context of that person/type of person's unique set of circumstances. So the answer isn't so much in exactitude as much as it is in taking in pieces that work at the right time. 

For me personally, I've found that I have the same core challenge throughout my journey so far. The inner child thing didn't work so well for me for the same reasons I was very attracted to the concept. But I can see that it could work really well for someone else with a different orientation. 

This is a fascinating topic to me as well. No worries on the length of the post. As you can clearly see, I'm in the same boat. And I think that that is the point after all. No one truly has all the answers nor the particular answer for any one individual. That's what makes it so fascinating if not at times laborious. 

5 hours ago, Martin123 said:

This is literally the most important basis of PD and spirituality. The release of suppressed tragedy. 

@Martin123 Great line. Props!

@heisenburger Thanks for this. I had been deciding if I wanted to commit to doing The Sedona Method course as part of my habits for the next month and this has convinced me.

I have listened to the book in audio form. 

What I have gathered from it is that I also have to let the feeling of peace go. I didn't do that before. Good.

I think I have unconsciously done the Sedona method for a majority of my life. I just called it purging and taking the garbage out. Letting go of all the thoughts that arent helpful is a good practice.

The Sedona Method is truly amazing. It's very simple, but very powerful. I have been using it for the past 3 weeks, and I have been amazed by the results I have been getting. less anxiety, the ability to release the feeling of getting annoyed, angry and more. I feel much happier these days

I highly recommend to try this method out - the book is like 12 bucks but holds huge value in it

it really does work!

Edited by CreativeInertia