funkychunkymonkey

Comfort speaking to a camera?

10 posts in this topic

Ive spoken to groups of people running meditation classes just fine, some reason speaking to a camera i seem to stutter far more and lose track of my thoughts. how have u guys built comfort speaking to a camera if you have struggled? should i keep notes behind the camera? lol 

Camera is actually easier than live speaking. Just practice it a lot. Eventually it becomes as easy as driving a car.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Notes are super easy to do while on camera if you prefer that. I think the big thing is having a good position for the camera and just practice it. I like to do vocal warm ups before any sort of live talking. A lot of toastmasters anymore is online, so you could hop in some calls and get practice in that way. 

I have a similar question: where do you keep the notes?

I tape them to my tripod at the moment but it’s a bit clumsy.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

43 minutes ago, flowboy said:

I have a similar question: where do you keep the notes?

I tape them to my tripod at the moment but it’s a bit clumsy.

I have my notes on my laptop while filming.

In Tate we trust

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I have my notes on my laptop while filming.

Interesting. Doesn’t it make you look away all the time, sort of ruining the flow?

Leo doesn’t look like he’s peeking in his videos. I wonder how

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy use your eye’s peripherals when you need to read something from the screen. Use big letters. You can use the buttons on your laptop to change the slides. 

In Tate we trust

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@flowboy use your eye’s peripherals when you need to read something from the screen. Use big letters. You can use the buttons on your laptop to change the slides. 

Great I’ll try that. Do you have a YouTube channel btw?

On 18/02/2023 at 11:36 PM, flowboy said:

Interesting. Doesn’t it make you look away all the time, sort of ruining the flow?

Leo doesn’t look like he’s peeking in his videos. I wonder how

Leo. mentioned in the interview with Kurt, that he has his notes on his camera like a teleprompter. 

Practice. 

At fist I would feel really dumb and self conscious. After doing it over and over, it just feels like your expressing your thoughts out loud. 

I think the crucial part is to keep an idea organized and go from point A-B smoothly.