Marvelllious

How to find out if you're going insane? If you've lost your mind, how do you gain it

32 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I mean I can get that Leo sounds salty here though, so maybe I’m missing something lol

It's nothing personal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Technically yes, but don't get too technical here. Grasp what I said at a high level.

You can understand the frame of mind of other people with whom you're dealing with.

The technical psychological term for this is "theory of mind". Look it up.

@Leo Gura
I understand! And I love the mastery of relating to others. And when I do so, I know and clearly distinguish that which is my thoughts of other people's subjective experiences and my actual subjective experience of them. I think that it is important to draw this distinction in order to more clearly define for oneself what is directly true from what is indirectly so (true).
 With kind regards!

Edited by Igor82

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's nothing personal.

I didn’t think it was. I just had to extend the commentary on the misuse of deluded into a joke about diluting something, and salty having more than one meaning served this purpose quite well. This is one case where the Absolute and relative perspectives are entirely identical. There’s only One who thinks what I’m saying is funny. I think I’ll stop for now. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Marvelllious  Get an A.I. girlfriend

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

5 hours ago, Igor82 said:

I do not know of the subjective reality of others unless I subjectively am them. I only know of my own subjective experience of others, which sometimes is presenting that which other people express through or in use of their own subjective experience.

【Other people‘s subjective reality】that you perceive. To be respectful and willing to communicate to Understand. Are identical with anything that you believe in and keep trying to learn, right now.

When you use the signifier “You” it only works if you are assuming things. Same as reading symbols and imagining their meanings. Other’s subjective reality relative to yours is the same imaginary concept but different boundaries.

There is an extremely beautiful, colourful world in other people’s perceptions that‘s relative to yours.

Thinking and completely ignoring this in communications are Equal to “killing other people”, For you, their perception really doesn’t exist. They have become complete object that is no different than a table or a rock. Imagine if the world you are feeling right now doesn’t exist for other people, they are blind and don’t CARE to understand you - They never can see you. It feels like your entire existence is denied. It is very easy to hurt people and perform arrogantly when you believe in this mindset.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, Leo Gura said:

If you cannot have conversations with normal people without them looking at your weird, that's your clue you are spiraling out of control.

No matter how conscious you get, you should always retain your ability to talk with normal people in a reasonable way without them thinking anything is wrong with you.

The first thing I notice about people with mental illness and dysfunction is that they cannot communicate coherently and reasonably with me. They are lost in their own minds with little awareness of how others percieve them.

MY ANSWER IS HERE:(im on a phone and it's hard to navigate)

@Leo Gura How should I go about fixing this? Should I visit a doctor or do some practice which will return me to center over time? 

Thank you for the help in advance!

14 hours ago, UDT said:

On 2/3/2023 at 7:22 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

If you get even halfway to insanity, society will let you know. There won’t be a need to ask the question. Mental health problems, difficulties, or even full-on disorders aren’t really the same as insanity. 

@BipolarGrowth Well the thing is I'm not sure if it is insanity because I'm aware of my surroundings and no matter my struggle I try to not cause any trouble. I

In a later post you mentioned spiritual emergency but it isn't that. I know my description may be flawed but I have no better way to explain it.

If you had a similar experience what would you do?

21 hours ago, Marvelllious said:

I would just simulate in my head how things look for a normal person that looks at me - notice in his perspective how he may look at you and what acts that you do may be weird to him and maybe change some things about yourself so that you won't be that way - at least be aware to some degree of how others perceive you

On 2/4/2023 at 10:06 AM, Marvelllious said:

@BipolarGrowth Well the thing is I'm not sure if it is insanity because I'm aware of my surroundings and no matter my struggle I try to not cause any trouble. I

In a later post you mentioned spiritual emergency but it isn't that. I know my description may be flawed but I have no better way to explain it.

I would just be very mindful of how you are coming off to people around you. Asking if you are insane is a question which requires a certain level of sanity and self-reflection. When someone is in a truly insane state, this question will often not arise because nothing seems wrong. 

If the people around you are not interpreting you as being insane or crazy, as long as you can handle the internal stuff without wanting to harm yourself or anyone else, there isn’t too much to worry about. This feeling will likely pass given enough time. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

On 2/6/2023 at 4:49 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

I would just be very mindful of how you are coming off to people around you. Asking if you are insane is a question which requires a certain level of sanity and self-reflection. When someone is in a truly insane state, this question will often not arise because nothing seems wrong. 

If the people around you are not interpreting you as being insane or crazy, as long as you can handle the internal stuff without wanting to harm yourself or anyone else, there isn’t too much to worry about. This feeling will likely pass given enough time. 

@BipolarGrowth Yeah it's hard to be hopeful when this thing is going on for such a long time.  Can a trip on some psychedelic help me? Like mushrooms or LSD for example.

18 hours ago, Marvelllious said:

@BipolarGrowth Yeah it's hard to be hopeful when this thing is going on for such a long time.  Can a trip on some psychedelic help me? Like mushrooms or LSD for example.

There’s no way to predict with certainty if that would help or hurt your situation. There are countless times where people have induced psychosis from psychedelic use, but psychedelics can also be quite healing, especially on psychological issues. I guess if nothing else is working it might be worth trying if you’re up for the risk. Just be prepared for it to potentially go in the opposite direction of what you’re looking for.