Everlast

Nutrition For Enlightenment - Veganism, Paleo, Fasting

10 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm new to this forum and excited to join such a positive community of others on a journey of self-actualization / growth! 

I hope it's appropriate that I started this as a new thread... I couldn't find this topic specifically addressed in other threads, but as a newbie it's possible I didn't do a sufficient search. My question to others here is this:

Are there any specific nutritional considerations to assist in one's quest for enlightenment, and what support / evidence do you have for your suggestion? Let's assume we are already reducing / eliminating highly processed foods, sugars, artificial sweeteners, etc.

Ie: would a more plant-based diet such as veganism be more micronutrient-dense and easier on your digestion (less heavy) and thus would support mental clarity?

Or would it be too high in carbohydrates, and perhaps a diet higher in healthy fats, animal products, etc, and lower in carbs such as paleo be better in that it provides brain fuel and slower burning energy from fats (vs starches), as well as higher protein?

What about other nutritional considerations / approaches ie: Keto?

Also, thoughts/experience on the benefits of fasting in this respect? I use intermittent fasting several days per week (fast from 8 or 9pm until about noon the next day)... but would longer periods of time beneficial for enhancing one's awakening process?

Any thoughts on this topic would be appreciated. As I work in the health and fitness industry I'm keen to incorporate physical and nutritional practices in my quest for personal growth!

Edited by Everlast

it's hard to say, because a lot depends on where your body is at this moment. 

I just can say about myself, but in my case I was interested in this nutrition stuff many years so I know my body really well.

My, let's say experiences improved when I was doing kind of intermittent fasting. Sometimes I was eating one meal a day, sometimes two with some snack for breakfast (like some brasilian nuts - a lot of selenium - good for boosting metabolism, dark chocolade >80% Cocoa, some coffe with coco oil). During the day i would eat eggs, wild fish from time to time (probablu about once two weeks), some oils like coco, MCT, olive and a lot of veggies, hummus and some fruit. 

Keto is too strict and really hard to adapt. Just low carb diet will be fine. Sometimes you can have keto day but noone adapts after one dayof keto. Some people cannot adapt for months. 

When I started approaching to experiences I spontaneously dumped meat except some wild fish from time to time. And eggs only from open farms. 

If anything you need to a raw food diet(detox diet) and fasting on spring water only for 7 - 14 or 21 days or more will amply re-connection to source 100x and if you meditate while you fast aka while the body is pure you can reach meditative states much easier.

Although i would change diet to more healthy/plant-based for 1month prior to fasting and use a proper book or guide before you fast alone.

Detox and re-activate the eye and you will see through the awakened ;)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

9 hours ago, pluto said:

If anything you need to a raw food diet(detox diet) and fasting on spring water only for 7 - 14 or 21 days or more will amply re-connection to source 100x and if you meditate while you fast aka while the body is pure you can reach meditative states much easier.

Although i would change diet to more healthy/plant-based for 1month prior to fasting and use a proper book or guide before you fast alone.

Detox and re-activate the eye and you will see through the awakened ;)

Amazing book suggestion for everybody: Spiritual Nutrition by Gabriel Cousens.

@Everlast IME, fat in food (sugar, carbs, bread, noodles, etc) becomes of course fat in the body.  Additional weight on the body is directly the same as additional weight in the mind, resulting in an almost total loss of the physiological sensation of clarity, which all else is chosen from. I have clarity because I don't eat that stuff. I do however, love that other people do. I appreciate the variety, and I can't even imagine how competitive the world would be were it not for fat. We are where we are.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Everlast @egoeimai

You should do what makes your body feel at it's best.

Everyone's body is different and has different needs at different times and stages of their life.  For me personally I was divinely guided to become a RAW vegan.  (No cooked foods at all, and no animal based products).  It wasn't really a personal choice (because honestly if I could eat pizza every day and be a ninja turtle that would be AWESOME lol).  But my body doesn't work that way.  I have extreme food allergies to various things that most people aren't allergic too.  When I cleaned up my diet, I noticed a huge shift in my focus, being able to study, completing tasks, staying motivated, having plenty of energy, reversing health issues, and if you believe in the paranormal or spiritual realm...it can connect you to that too, and clear out your pineal gland, making it easier to meditate, etc.  RAW vegan is my diet that will lead me to enlightenment and heightened personal development and awareness.   The TRUTH is A healthy body (physical, mental and spiritual) will lead to an enlightened body. :) 

The real question is what works for YOU?  What is going to put you in that state of mind so you can do this? And are you willing to give up those comfort foods that may be stopping you from the goals you want to achieve?

Good luck on your journey! :)

Raw vegan, smoothie everyday. :) however I made vegan tortilla soup today.. 

@SLICKHAWK  Ummm...that looks good :)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly