integral

Reverse Psychedelics?

8 posts in this topic

Was thinking well psychedelics spike serotonin, that leads to a fast tolerance build up.

So what if we did the opposite, if we take something that reduces serotonin levels or "reverse psychedelics" and that would cause a reverse tolerance = increased sensitivity!

If we deprive ourselves for a week then get off the suppressant we would be in a state of higher sensitivity.

Essentially its the same as meditating a vipassana, starving the organism of stimulation.

Starving the mind of stimulation causes awakening experiences. So maybe what we needs is dopamine and serotonin suppressants as a training tool?

"antipsychotic medications such as risperidone, haloperidol or lithium may block serotonin receptors in the brain"

Hmmm... i can tell this is a bad idea lol but what do you guys think? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Hell no. Not gonna mess with serotonin receptors after seeing all the PSSD threads.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Anti-psychotics are not to be messed with.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Right, i figured, but why don't they work to increase sensitivity?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Way outside my understanding. Best to just respect the tolerance until a safe method is developed at least. I have no interest in it. 

Try to be mindful of potentially encouraging anything dangerous as well.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

29 minutes ago, integral said:

Right, i figured, but why don't they work to increase sensitivity?

It would increase the sensitivity if you use it enough times to become dependent on it, where your brain starts increasing the endogenous activity to counteract the decrease in activity by the antagonist substance. But only when you stop taking the substance, you'll start having an increase in sensitivity, as you go into "withdrawal" of the antagonist substance. The downsides of course are that you have to first get anti-high on the anti-psychotics (which feels like shit) and risk your health (because they're generally not good for you), and only then, when you stop taking the anti-psychotics and let the anti-high wear off, you can get very high by taking the right substances. This also assumes that the anti-psychotic is selective enough for the drug you want to get high on, i.e. it needs the right binding affinities for the right types of sub-receptors, especially 5HT2A and 5HT1A when it comes to classical psychedelics in general.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Makes no sense.

The utility of a psychedelic is not in its effects after leaving your system, it's in the new neurotransmitters it introduces into your brain when you take it.

An anti-psychotic is not going to introduce any new neurotransmitters into your brain.

The issue is that you lack the right neurotransmitters, which your brain simply cannot produce naturally.

Your brain is not gonna produce LSD, 5-MeO-MALT, or THC no matter how much you train it. It's like you're asking a goose to lay a golden egg by starving it of food.

Your brain is like a car, it performs better on better fuel. Starving it of fuel will not make it perform any better.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

From direct Experience. I can tell you psychedelics will increase your sensitivity on the long run and antipsychotic will destroy your sensitivity on the long run.