Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenSwift

POSITIVE SELF TALK - How to do it?

8 posts in this topic

1. How does one build awareness around the moments they have negative self talk? I am having a very hard time finding any negative self talk in my direct experience, either my awareness is too sloppy or I don't have it.
  2. What are the best ways to install a new operating system of self talk?

Great book suggestions are massively appreciated here.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

1 hour ago, ZenSwift said:

What are the best ways to install a new operating system of self talk?

Gratitude

out for a walk, but wanted to share…

Books: 

A Guide to rational living by -?

The Inner Smile - Mantak Chia

A book call creative visualization?

Total Forgiveness by ? (Can’t remember)

-

When I meditate I open up an inner feeling of self compassion. Usually after a decent, juicy Qigong set. I use pieces of the inner smile technique, and Vishen’s Six phase and some parts I picked up from some of the meditations from the apps Headspace and Fabulous. But, any meditation with inner smile will do after some Qigong.

I say to myself:

“I’m sorry 

I understand 

I forgive you 

I love you 

I’ll always look out for you 

You are safe with me

I’ll always be your best friend 

You can just be here

You can feel happy for no reason

You can let that go

I believe in you 

It’s alright 

Thank you

I love you 

I know”

-

I usually say it slowly, and in my heart. Usually cry tears of compassion and love. 

I also have something called an Artist Touch stone, which is a collection of some of the highest mystical principles, explanation of auto suggestion, and has many affirmations. Still building it. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Positive self talk is a coping strategy to avoid dealing with your emotions.

@vladorion Could be, but also self talk plays a role I creating the emotion. I’m at it straight forward. If you keep bullying yourself your gonna feel bad.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

First wash the vessel clean. 

Remove your traumas, fears etc. 

Positive self talk cannot take precedence unless and until you remove all the toxicity and cut out the negativity. 

Is there anything triggering you? 

Is there anything bothering you? 

Ask yourself such questions everyday.. 

Do not consume negative material. 

Keep your mind blank sometimes to dis-allow getting sucked. Anytime you get sucked, take a step back and get out of the kitchen. 

Next positive energy will automatically flow into you and fill your inner room once the blocking negative energy is out. 

What is bothering you is not the lack or absence of positivity but the negativity blocking it from coming inside 

You got the idea? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

It sounds like you’re trying to solve a problem that isn’t there currently. If you can’t find any negative self talk, there probably is little to no negative self talk. It is pretty obvious in most cases. You will also feel it pull your state down rather significantly when it takes place. 

Another thing to consider is negative thought as a whole. How often do you paint a picture with your thoughts that is making the moment less enjoyable than it can be? 

“It’s cold” or “this food doesn’t taste too good” can amplify suffering sometimes as much as “I’m a piece of shit” will. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY