Insightful27

Drunk Consent Question

9 posts in this topic

I don't drink at all, which makes things complicated when it comes to pick-up. At parties and clubs, virtually every girl has had something to drink, meaning they are technically intoxicated to a degree. Obviously being totally wasted is one thing, but how exactly do you determine when it is too much? The laws are somewhat ambiguous and I really don't want to get into serious trouble. I know there are a lot of people on here who don't drink and do pick-ups at clubs, how do you guys navigate this?

When it feels like you're communicating with a child. Age of consent laws kick in ;D 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Like with a lot of stuff when it comes to dating you really have to just use your judgement and common sense. 

I’d say the point at which someone stops being able to keep track of a conversation, or they start slurring their words, is really when you should 100% bail. But probably even before that if you’re stone cold sober. There’s a point when you’re drunk that alcohol switches from being a stimulant to a depressant, and that’s around the same point you should bail too.

If that person still shows lots of interest, just get their phone number and message them when they’re sober too.

You can ask her how many drinks she's had. Under 3 drinks is good.

Usually my rule is if she is walking funny then I leave.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Noted.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

2 hours ago, Insightful27 said:

I don't drink at all, which makes things complicated when it comes to pick-up. At parties and clubs, virtually every girl has had something to drink, meaning they are technically intoxicated to a degree. Obviously being totally wasted is one thing, but how exactly do you determine when it is too much? The laws are somewhat ambiguous and I really don't want to get into serious trouble. I know there are a lot of people on here who don't drink and do pick-ups at clubs, how do you guys navigate this?

How about when a girl is underage, carrying fake ID, having only 2 shots?

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you ever get paranoid taking home tipsy girls when people know you weren’t drinking?

Game elsewhere. Stay away from gaming at clubs if the only logical-conclusion is the logicing your way out of speaking with women. 

1 hour ago, Insightful27 said:

Do you ever get paranoid taking home tipsy girls when people know you weren’t drinking?

Any girl I would take home is well-aware of what is happening. So I don't worry about it at all.

This notion that I go to a club to find drunk girls and drag them back to my place because they can't think straight is absurd. That's not even remotely how it works. The only way a girl would come home with me is if she's very interested in me. And I don't even hit on girls who I see are wasted. Nor do I buy girls drinks. In fact, I'm usually the one telling her not to get any more drinks. Some girls actually get angry at me when I tell them to stop drinking.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.