abundance

Will having a meditation practice help prepare you for psychedelic trips

10 posts in this topic

I've never taken a hallucinogen besides weed and I'm a bit nervous about taking stronger substances like 5-MEO-DMT or shrooms. I have schizophrenia in my family and I'm afraid taking either one of these substances will trigger it within me. Also I've had some pretty bad experiences with weed where I was struggling with the compulsion to take me own life.

Since meditating consistently for some years now I noticed these bad trips from weed substantially decrease in severity. I'm able to handle the derealisation that usually comes with tripping. I can only attribute this to several awakening experiences I've had from my practice.. I'm wondering if my meditation practice will better prepare me for taking psychedelics. Any insight is greatly appreciated. 

Meditating absolutely helps you for trips.
No matter if you do it in general or right before.
It helps you to be more present and to let go.

I don't know how it goes with schizophrenia.
Better start with a low/mid dose of 2C-B or Shrooms. 
LSD is also good but be aware of the long duration.

If you suffer with mental health conditions like me, then it’s strongly advised not to take psychedelics (or any drug for that matter) without first consulting with a mental health professional. 

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

@Yimpa you know the standard polite and ignorant answer from a mental health professional. 

Do you really think any mental health professional in these times will risk their Job to recommend taking psychedelics? Lol

14 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Yimpa you know the standard polite and ignorant answer from a mental health professional. 

Do you really think any mental health professional in these times will risk their Job to recommend taking psychedelics? Lol

Psychedelics is slowly getting into the mental healthcare field. There’s already ketamine infusions clinics across the USA that offer it legally, some under the guidance of a therapist tripsitter. 

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Yes, helps a lot! Same with yoga. Using the breath as an Anker can get you through dark and overwhelming parts of the trip.

@Yimpa Yeah ketamin maybe but not classical psychedelics like lsd or 5 meo. No way

Yeah it helps with letting go when things get hairy. I wouldn’t recommend psychedelics to someone who doesn’t know how to meditate. I had several psychedelic trips that started bad and through letting go I turned them into an awesome trip. 

13 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Yimpa Yeah ketamin maybe but not classical psychedelics like lsd or 5 meo. No way

Psilocybin is already in the pipeline.

(and another unconventional psychedelic MDMA). 

Edited by Yimpa

Yes, it will help you become more fearless by increasing your level of self-awareness and control. Letting go is powerful. 

The more fearless you are, the more profound your trips are. Fearlessness is letting go. 

But, if you are still fearing and a fool - there is no amount of mediation that will stop a bad trip because you deserved it. 

Bad trips, are ultimately, apart of the spiritual process.

And the best way to stop bad trips is to respect all psychedelics and have a good setting. If you do those two things right, you don't need meditation or yoga. They become useless tools eventually with psychedelics. 

Meditating out of fear to avoid a bad trip is worse because anything out of fear will accomplish the thing you are fearing. But, meditating to develop fearlessness is the best and more counter-intuitive. Everyone does not do the latter. 

Edited by Pudgey