evgn

I am afraid being in a relationship

9 posts in this topic

Why i am so fucking afraid of being in relationship? I am fucking scared and have extreme anxiety it feels like i am in prison and dont have control over my future it drains my energy. 

That was the reason to broke up with my dream girlfriend 6 months ago who loved me like no one else before. The girl wasn't obsesive or anything like that she was supportive and understood my issue....

I realized since i am not able to be with my dream girlfriend i am doomed to be signle...

What is your relationship to yourself? Using the word "doomed" in the context of talking about being single is an interesting choice of words. To me it sounds like an amazing opportunity to get to know yourself more deeply to me.

Maybe your fear is a sign that you've been ignoring something for a long time? You could sit down with that fear and listen to it. Listen to it like a parent would listen to their child, without judgement (and if judgement does arise accept that too). Let it say what it wants to say. Try that and see where that take you (see it as an experiment). If you've been trying to silence a certain feeling for a very long time, it might be difficult to do this because of resistence, but you'll get better at understanding what they're pointing to as you go through this process.

Nobody can tell you why you feel the way you feel. We can only project. You can find an answer yourself, because you are you! And who'd know you better than you yourself? Shouldn't THAT be a sign that you should spend more time with yourself? You not even knowing why you feel the way you feel? You not even understanding the language of your own body?

I think that what you might need is to form a more intimate and loving relationship with yourself. But don't listen to me. Listen to yourself. I can only tell you what I'd to if I was you.

beep boop

Firstly you are the creator of your own emotions, not the victim of them. So you are creating fear, it’s not just happening on its own terms even if it may first appear that way. 

So now that we have acknowledged that let’s ask ourselves WHY we are choosing to create the fear. What beliefs do you have here ? 

why do you believe you don’t have control over your future?

why do you believe you are doomed to be single ?

Anxious avoidant attachment style or Independent attachment style? 

attachment-styles-S.jpg

4_attachment_styles.png?v=1620961359

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 1/1/2023 at 7:21 AM, evgn said:

feels like i am in prison and dont have control over my future it drains my energy. 

Prob coz most relationships are practiced like a prison? To varying degrees lol.

But.. I guess some are more sensitive to this than others.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Interesting, how was the relationship between your parents when you grew up?

You may have identified relationships as a restriction of freedom (negative aspect) and not as a companionship, source of love, acceptance and beautiful memories (positive aspect). Did you feel repressed when you were in a relationship?