MarkKol

Jobs suck, like... really suck

20 posts in this topic

Unless you're working in a quiet and peaceful environment, having a normal job (like 99% of people) sucks, this is nothing new I know, but it's much worse than I thought. 

And I have an office job! Office jobs are supposed to be higher tier.

I'd like to share my view on it. To me It feels as though I'm fighting for someone else's shit (I don't have a better word for it) working for someone else literally means fighting their battles for them, having to deal with endless shit just to be paid a fraction of what they make. All labor is like this, we don't have intelligent enough A.I so we have to use humans, for these stupid grulling lifeless often mechanical tasks.

Today, on Leo's blog I saw a video of a policemen getting shot by a fugitive. NOW IMAGINE THAT!!!! potentially getting killed just because your boss told you to chase him. That's totally fucked, that cop had no choice, no freedom. That gun wound has and probably will continue to be a inconvenience for him, until his death.

I am truly sorry for all the people, dead or alive. Who wasted their lives doing shit like this, helping ease their hallow lives with social banter and entertainment.

Our society is built on the backs of such individuals, they lived like peasants so that we can live like royals.

Nobody in their right mind should stand for such a unremarkable existence.

I am making this thread to announce my dedication to discipline, passion and the concept of living life with Purpose. Because wasting my life, cubicle or not, blows.

Thing is, my job isn't actually half bad, I'm just tired of wasting my time, tired of meaninglessness.

Edited by MarkKol

Now you are ready to appreciate my video: How To Escape Wage Slavery ;)

P.S. Policing can be very meaningful and worth taking a bullet for. But only if it is meaningful to you. If you don't find a job meaningful you shouldn't be doing it. That's what it all boils down to.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Your job is not your existence, don't center your life around your job. Once you figure out how to do your job, then you can do it as a cathartic activity, planning what you want to do outside of work, work becomes a sort of rest time actually. And eventually you may even enjoy being with the people that annoy you because you see the positive impact you have on them.

Edited by Devin

the reality is that doing anything just for money, without really wanting to do it, is exactly the same as sucking dicks for money. there is not the slightest difference. They say that one is not worthy, and the others are, but it is a lie

53 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the reality is that doing anything just for money, without really wanting to do it, is exactly the same as sucking dicks for money. there is not the slightest difference. They say that one is not worthy, and the others are, but it is a lie

you're poor in the dead of winter, i offer you a garbage man job $10/hour. a pimp offers you $100/hour to suck dick; are they the same? most people will gladly pick up the trash

Edited by Devin

not wanting to do a job that is a step in the direction you want to go, is like wanting the dishes clean but thinking you don't want to clean the dishes; when in reality you probably just think you don't want to do dishes because of all the dishwasher commercials telling you you're wasting your 'existence' washing dishes

Edited by Devin

Posts like this are what keep me going strong, thanks for sharing ! 

5 hours ago, Devin said:

you're poor in the dead of winter, i offer you a garbage man job $10/hour. a pimp offers you $100/hour to suck dick; are they the same? most people will gladly pick up the trash

I would go pick up the trash because I really believe that it is a job that should be done and I would do it with pride and it would not seem like a shitty job to me but rather something decent to dedicate my life to, while I think of something better to contribute with my capacity if i can. but if for me there is only money, it would be the same that suck dicks, the only difference would be the social acceptance. 

9 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I would go pick up the trash because I really believe that it is a job that should be done and I would do it with pride and it would not seem like a shitty job to me but rather something decent to dedicate my life to, while I think of something better to contribute with my capacity if i can. but if for me there is only money, it would be the same that suck dicks, the only difference would be the social acceptance. 

what job would be only for money?

to me doing it for money, is the chopping wood, hauling your water, growing food; so long as you don't see what you're doing as unethical in the grand scheme.

I don't like how people think some job will give their life more or less meaning, that's a hollow race

Edited by Devin

more than work the attitude towards it. If you work solely for the money you receive in return, as a necessary curse, it is misery. if you do it for contributing your capacity towards the benefit of humanity, it is a pleasure. I think that if you have that attitude in the end you find a job that suits you.

33 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

more than work the attitude towards it. If you work solely for the money you receive in return, as a necessary curse, it is misery. if you do it for contributing your capacity towards the benefit of humanity, it is a pleasure. I think that if you have that attitude in the end you find a job that suits you.

i think if you have that attitude in the end you'll either never find a job that suits you or find that all jobs suit you. more likely never though

think about before 'employment' times; cut wood, carry water, grow food; that's what you're doing in any job, just collectively with everyone else for more efficiency.

Edited by Devin

37 minutes ago, Devin said:

think about before 'employment' times; cut wood, carry water, grow food; that's what you're doing in any job, just collectively with everyone else for more efficiency.

Yes but It is complex since there are millions of possibilities. society is a cog of enormous proportions. whether we like it or not we are part of it. without it we are dead in a matter of hours. so even if it sounds naive, the question should not be: what can society do for me, if not, what can I do for it. not as something altruistic, but rather thinking about where I can develop the maximum of my capacity. since doing it in the end is a pleasure. A job in which you can give all of yourself becomes a passion. I know it's a bit silly and hypocritical to say this when 90% of jobs are designed to work like a brainless robot, but even so, the trend should be towards finding a calling, something to achieve excellence 

Edited by Breakingthewall

43 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes but It is complex since there are millions of possibilities. society is a cog of enormous proportions. whether we like it or not we are part of it. without it we are dead in a matter of hours. so even if it sounds naive, the question should not be: what can society do for me, if not, what can I do for it. not as something altruistic, but rather thinking about where I can develop the maximum of my capacity. since doing it in the end is a pleasure. A job in which you can give all of yourself becomes a passion. I know it's a bit silly and hypocritical to say this when 90% of jobs are designed to work like a brainless robot, but even so, the trend should be towards finding a calling, something to achieve excellence 

i just warn you your seeking a calling or excellence is hollow; you are excellent, you are doing your calling, you cannot not do your calling, you cannot be not excellent.

The biggest problem with these wage slavery jobs is that they never come drama free, almost every job comes with some type of drama (because you work with humans, you also make mistakes etc...) this drama would also likely be present if you were running your own business. But the difference is that I'm actually willing to bust my ass for my business, and I'm not willing to do that with a job I have no interest in. 

- I'm not willing to work extra hours in a job

- I am not willing to argue in a job

- I am not willing to educate myself about my job outside of my work hours

And many other things, however if I ran my own biz I would climb Mount Everest to save it. I care for it because it's mine, and I enjoy it.

49 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

- I'm not willing to work extra hours in a job

- I am not willing to argue in a job

- I am not willing to educate myself about my job outside of my work hours

In practice you have to do these things to climb the ladder and succeed at work.

That's the difference between a job and a career. If you had a career you would be willing to do these things.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Some shit jobs can be a good transition while you work on your own thing. 

It's important to use the earned money strategically. The trick is to do the bare minimum and appear busy. Don't ask ask too many questions, don't try to outshine others and don't drag too much attention from the management. Also, don't ask for a raise if your basic salary can support your goals already. Salary questions will shine a spotlight on your ass

This way you'll still have time and energy to build a biz on the side. 

Once you are out and on your own, that's when you want to be the best and attract a lot of attention to yourself and your product 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

so long as the drama is not so prevalent that it is very overwhelming for you, you can take those instances to practice your self control, to work on 'responding rather than reacting' it's an exercise to flesh out the ego, it can help teach you how to be able to enjoy everything rather than being ran over by negative emotions.

But if you're overwhelmed yeah you need reprieve, don't waste your money, save up, move on and or work on the other areas in your life, if you get solid in the other parts of your life you can handle a lot more in this area

Edited by Devin

On 12/9/2022 at 9:23 AM, Leo Gura said:

In practice you have to do these things to climb the ladder and succeed at work.

That's the difference between a job and a career. If you had a career you would be willing to do these things.

I didn't want to create a thread about this but I find your situation particularly impressive. How did you achieve financial freedom with just a single product* and with little to no marketing?

I completely relate to this post- all "jobs" I've had have been utterly soul sucking, hours and hours traded for underwhelming paychecks that never seem to cover absolutely all the expenses of normal life. It's discouraging and depressing. Resentment towards employers flourishes when employees are underpaid and under-appreciated. 

I've worked for myself as well, which in my experience can be much more lucrative and rewarding, but also requires way more work. When you're the boss, everything is up to you, and it's a huge and uncomfortable shift to make if you're used to being told what to do and how to do it. However, now that I've made my own money and know what it's like to be my own boss, I can't imagine being happy going back to an hourly or salary type of work. I'm currently finishing up a bunch of stuff related to a business I'm launching so hopefully that goes well and carries me forward on this journey of financial freedom. :)

I strongly suggest intentionally broadening your ideas of how you can make money. The internet is vast and full of money making opportunities, as well as off in the real world. Having your own business or being an independent contractor sounds like something you would benefit from, since clearly the wage slave lifestyle isn't making you happy. Leo has a video from way back where he spoke about how your mindset regarding how easy it is to make money can have a huge impact on your actual ability to make it- so I've made a serious effort to re-wire my brain, so to speak. Positive affirmations to yourself regularly, having an exit plan for your current job, having a clear life purpose, doing lots and lots of research on what's out there in the market, these are all things that should propel you forward into something more fitting for what you desire. Best of luck!