Julian gabriel

Meditating Alone in the Forest at Night?

6 posts in this topic

I've recently started meditating in the forest at night and it feels way more powerful than meditating inside or during the day. 

Anyone have any theories as to why it feels so much more powerful?

It feel powerful in the way of clearing my mind and grounding me in my breath and silence instead of my egotistical thoughts.

I have theorized that it helps me face my PRIMAL fears and this facing the primal fears, such as fear of being alone and fear of the dark clears the mind. 

Please let me know what you think, thanks 

There's more environmental stimuli, so it pulls you into the present moment. Like how a cold breeze forces you to focus on your body temperature, which inadvertently pulls you into the present moment.

It's also a new environment, so it's less likely to trigger old thought patterns you might usually get sucked into.

And it's not predictable, like your house might be. It's new stimuli. Your awareness naturally picks up on new and novel stimuli as opposed to stuff it is already used to.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I'd love love being in a forest. I'm a forest animal. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Julian gabriel I agree with your interpretation.

I think meditation in that context will bring up a variety of fears that wouldn't be so present in a typical meditation environment. And so meditating in that context gives you an opportunity to process and change your relationship to those fears, imo.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

When you conquer your resistance and you get through it, you'll always feel a sense of power. You are developing courage.

Reading this makes me excited to go out to a forest at night again. It's always scary but fun scary.

On 12/6/2022 at 2:20 AM, Osaid said:

There's more environmental stimuli, so it pulls you into the present moment. Like how a cold breeze forces you to focus on your body temperature, which inadvertently pulls you into the present moment.

It's also a new environment, so it's less likely to trigger old thought patterns you might usually get sucked into.

And it's not predictable, like your house might be. It's new stimuli. Your awareness naturally picks up on new and novel stimuli compared to stuff it is already used to.

This is what I would've guessed too. Its just so fresh and new you can't help but be more present. Not to add that in nature its much easier to focus since its usually much much quieter.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,