Leo Gura

Police Activity

126 posts in this topic

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This channel is a goldmine!

Look at how fast this situation turns deadly.

In this video you can see how hard it can be to decide when it is acceptable to use deadly force. You'd be surprised at how fast people can cover distance, even if you have a gun.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

This is insane. These poor cops:

Edited by Leo Gura

guns have destroyed america its like a nuclear arms race where everyone feels the need to have one because everyone else has one and now disgruntled  people take out their grievances out on everyone, i have some family friends from the states they say they dont attend public events like parades etc  anymore its just not safe, so sad

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

@Leo Gura

Exactly! It sucks, but it is how we just get going on with society.

@LSD-Rumi

You don't seem to understand the point of profiling then. Profiling means choosing people to inspect by their race. It has nothing to do with treating people badly. The point just is that by the statics it is beneficial to be caution towards some group of people. Polices already are caution towards people they have reason to, but profiling is about suspecting all people in the same group and putting more resources to find criminals from that group where there are more criminals. It's just mathematics after all. Do you fish in the lake where there are more fish? I agree again that not being respectful or treating people badly for no reason is a problem though.

Who told you that "others" are real?

4 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

Profiling means choosing people to inspect by their race.

All too easily abused.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

Of course, but as you know, the fact that something could be abused isn't the reason not to do it though. Everything can be abused and that's what people have been crying to you on this forum too; that you don't care about people suicing etc. when the actual point is that we possibly just can't prevent everything and we have to just do what works. If you can come up with clear statics or reason why we shouldn't do profiling then of course I'd agree that we shouldn't do so, but right now with the information I have I've come to the conclusion that right now it seems to be reasonable.

26 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Leo Gura

Of course, but as you know, the fact that something could be abused isn't the reason not to do it though.

Actually it is a good reason not to do it.

26 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

that you don't care about people suicing etc.

I do care and I try to prevent it within my limited capacity.

@Leo Gura

I guess you clearly missed my point then. That something could be abused, but to degree that benefits outweight the harm, is not valid reason not to do something. Of course if they don't then the story is different and that's why I was asking you to to show me some type of study or explanation why it would be more harmful than it benefits. You're making youtube video about problems of lefties, if you didn't yet, and I think the mindset that "all deaths or all harm is too much" is problematic, because what ACTUALLY matters is the big picture and that's it if we're looking from society's perspective as a whole. Sometimes we have to accept the harm and as I said I don't know if that is the case in that situation so I am open for other perspectives too. Just see what I try to say, thanks.

@lxlichael

What you mean ;D How what I said was low quality when in actuality it was pretty well thought and written.

18 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

but to degree that benefits outweight the harm, is not valid reason not to do something.

In practice with profiling the harms outweigh the benefits. Look at how stop-and-frisk worked in NYC.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

Right now from the perspective that I read about it from wikipedia and don't even know what to look for I didn't find anything too problematic. It said that police officers stopped latinos and African-American people more, but what's the problem here? What are the harms that are so grandiose? As I explained; sometimes it is better to fish where the amount of fish is bigger. I don't know if something really bad happened in that program and I'd be open to hear more about it from you if you can tell me what exactly is the problem here. Yeah, as I have said it sucks for those groups of people, but sometimes it just is beneficial. For example stopping specific group people in airports seems to be beneficial or otherwise they wouldn't do it.

@lxlichael

Showing me specific clips where things fail doesn't prove anything. First of all that black man wasn't respectful and started fighting when he shouldn't and he threated the police officer and we don't know what happened in between, because the camera flew to the ground.

The traffic stop from hell:

Edited by Leo Gura

@Kksd74628 You need to educate yourself about NYC's failed stop-and-frisk program.

America is on crack Jesus Christ, It's not uncommon to see a Policemen without a gun here in Europe

This one's just nuts:

At least the dog got himself a ball in the process.

Edited by Leo Gura