at_anchor

downsides of sleeping around

11 posts in this topic

Aside from the potential possibility of catching a sexually transmutable disease and being secretly recorded and publically humikiated for having sex with someone just for the sake of sex as a female, what are other potential downsides and costs to keep in mind before deciding to jump into bed with a scumbag or something?

Accidentally getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant is by far the #1

It has the potential to ruin your life 10x worse than an STD.

4 minutes ago, at_anchor said:

secretly recorded and publically humikiated for having sex with someone just for the sake of sex as a female

This is oddly specific and I suspect not that common compared to STD/pregnancy risk. I suppose it's always good to be cautious, maybe this is a bigger risk than I realise since it isn't something I have to be concerned with as a guy

yeah, but are there any downsides for those who do it and then whena potential mate finds out, he sees them as lesser or dirty or slutty or weak for doing it? how does that happen?

You shouldn't look at the downsides of anything because the upsides are the only thing that matters. Look at the upsides of monogamy and the upsides of sleeping around and then choose which one you want. Ideally you have the best of both worlds.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

6 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Why?

Fun is more important than survival. If life was 0% fun then you would not want to live.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

21 minutes ago, Eyowey said:

You shouldn't look at the downsides of anything because the upsides are the only thing that matters. Look at the upsides of monogamy and the upsides of sleeping around and then choose which one you want. Ideally you have the best of both worlds.

You'll run into problems with this mindset pretty quick. Always following the upsides and impulsive options might make you happy in the short term but you will incur long term consequences which make you miserable. You need to be careful, consider downsides, and take precautions. 

As an analogy, 'Greedy' machine learning algorithms are usually some of the worst because they just follow the most obvious and easily obtainable reward, which means they miss longer term opportunities for greater reward, and will often find themselves stuck in pitfalls and traps.

I read and listened to all your ideas here, and I see that more of you are against casual hook ups than for. It can be dangerous as well to have one. Right now I have some men online flirting with me but I am reluctant to schedule a date. Who knows, maybe I even end up having a relationship with a good one and move to his place. Kind of tricky. 

2 hours ago, Eyowey said:

Fun is more important than survival. If life was 0% fun then you would not want to live.

I agree with you so much here. I kind of even want to just let go and say to hell with my reputation and even the consequences of stealthing, violent sex, STD's, being filmed and telling everyone about our sex. It would be like a drug to take some pain away for a short while, but then come at the cost of trauma or an even worse reputation. On the other hand, I really wish I could take this drug and kind of find a boyfriend to move out of my family.

Biggest downside is simply the waste of time.

All the time people use to socialize could be used to launch a business.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Productivity/focus jeopardized if you aren’t naturally above-average productive.

becoming enmeshed with someone who jeopardizes your energy and productivity/focus if you aren’t naturally above-average in emotional boundaries especially if you’re feminine.

People judging your reputation (the shallow reason, but possibly legitimate if it can affect your profession)

You could fall in love with the wrong person and waste a lot of time and emotions. Not to mention getting pregnant from said person. You don't really know if a person is right for you until after knowing each other for about a month and going on 3+ dates.

If you have sex right away from "sleeping around" like I'm guessing the title is talking about here, you could bond right away to a guy that could be terrible for you, but you will be blind to it. Since women from my experience can't have sex without becoming extremely emotionally attached.

Edited by Roy

"I don't care what the people know! The world's going to end in a month or so..."