Manny

Is inner work and self love bullshit?

57 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of this guy? hes basicly critiquing al of actualized.org

@Manny Kernals of truths in everyone. Also, it’s worth someone to listen to him if they aren’t taking action in life. Really inner work, meditation, breathwork, journaling contemplation, reading etc should be balanced with the work he talks about. This guy is good. But, I would still do inner work. Embrace paradox.

Howver, 80 hours a week is extreme. Like, really there should be a divine balance. 

People will be attracted and resonate with different things. Different maps, values, desires, etc

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Didnt watch it all but correct me if im wrong what is he saying if you fix your life becoming succesful in every area you will be good to go?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf hes talking about conrolling your toughts,emotions and behaviours and critiquing things like meditation etc..

48 minutes ago, Manny said:

What do you guys think of this guy? hes basicly critiquing al of actualized.org

@Manny Seems he resonates with the emotion of pride.

So it seems to me not unlikely that he wouldn't resonate currently with inner work.

26 minutes ago, KH2 said:

This dude is fucking based

Subscribed

This is what Leo's earlier videos used to be about BTW

@KH2 Perhaps, consider how this speaker is manipulating you via triggering shame in you.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Manny You cant control that if you dont have inner work nailed down ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf seems to me that the whole point of inner work is controlling youre toughts,emotions or behaviours..

he promots the 80 hour work week so you can have ''real results" Basicly hes a masculinity coach 

@Manny I personally believe in balance and using each tool, technique, strategy and tactic appropriately to get the results you want in life. 

Some folks fall into the trap of spinning wheels consuming self help materials and never do the work.

Some folks are caught up doing inner work when they should be balancing it with school, job, career and socializing. 

Some folks waste their lives working 80 hour weeks but never bear the fruits of deep inner work and spiritual development.

However, inner work techniques, promote the very regulation he says people lack which is why they do them.

Balanced and conscious approach is key. Realizing each of us are unique in our needs. 

That’s my view anyway. Everyone here will likely feel differently. 

People are at different developmental stages, different points in their lives, have different life experiences. 

This guys hasn’t deeply studied inner work by his own admission and is biased towards action. I don’t know what his upbringing has been like. I wouldn’t dismiss him, as I would add his perspective to my tapestry.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Manny thats just one part of it,i dont know the guy but working wont make you a man thats like saying going to the gym and getting muscle will make you a man..

Resaults wont make you masculine

Its other way around,from inner who you are,you are doing and the resaults come from that,not focusing on doing and resaults...

This works but you are not growing you are getting outside resaults thats why you can have all money and be miserable etc.

It's you.

Now fight.

The only inner work I consider useful is positive visualization. Language based inner work is not useful because it traps you in the confines of the dictionary.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

@KH2 and how do you know if he is really developt as a person?

@KH2 Fairs. Maybe I'm projecting

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I think he makes good points, which people who are only doing (predominantly ineffective) inner work really need to hear.

But he's also just overseeing and misunderstanding a lot of things.

It's a case of pure stage orange judging stage green and viewing it as below orange instead of above.

There's definitely value to inner work, but it's often poorly understood what that even means.

I wrote a fairly long comment under the YouTube video, which I can't copy paste here, so I'll post the screenshots of it.

Screenshot_20221120-193235_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-193322_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-193345_YouTube.jpg

@Thought Art That's pretty much how I see it.

It's like this debate about inner game vs outer game in dating. Ideally you're good in both and both contribute to each other. If you know a lot of cool things to say, but feel insecure while saying them, it might still work, but it works less consistently and is much less fun.

But if you don't know what to do at all it'll also make you feel insecure...

1 hour ago, Manny said:

@NoSelfSelf seems to me that the whole point of inner work is controlling youre toughts,emotions or behaviours..

he promots the 80 hour work week so you can have ''real results" Basicly hes a masculinity coach 

Take note there are finer distinctions to be made over time and recontxtuslizations available to you as you explore self help and spirituality 

◭"89"

I think yes and no, I dont really support or believe work is a good attitude for things like this