thisintegrated

Finally, 3D is gonna make a comeback!

11 posts in this topic

Everyone said 3D is dead.  Everyone thought I was crazy talking about future monitors having "depth" and 3D effects.  Yet here it is.

Another prediction:  Avatar 2 may be the catalyst that gets people interested in the technology again.

Why?  Avatar 1 was the most ambitious and successful film ever made, and the sequel is intended to take things to another level.  3D tech has come a long way since then, and Avatar 2 is made specifically for cinema 3D.

Also..

Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment in partnership with Christie Digital, has been working on new 3D technology that will remove the need for wearing glasses to see the effects.

Reported by Inside the Magic (via WeChoiceBlogger), Christie Digital has been implementing a new RGB laser projection system into the production of all four Avatar sequels.

Referred to as “pure laser”, the system uses 60,000 lumens to project bright images with high frame rates resulting in sharper visuals.

Edited by thisintegrated

This was very cool. Not exactly what I imagined.

All 3D tvs I have seen ‘protrude,’ whereas this would seems to almost ‘fall into the screen.

Don’t think the tracking would work so well for more than one person, but for gaming it’d be great.

The eye and head trackers are already useful in a lot of games.

A good movie or game doesn't need any gimmicks, it works just fine in 2D.

I've never watched a great film and thought, "You know what would make this even better? 3D gimmickery."

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've never watched a great film and thought, "You know what would make this even better? 3D gimmickery."

But Leo. Erhm. What about aesthetics? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

3d screens reduce overall stress and eye strain making for a much more natural experience, we have depth perception and its a intuitive part of our biology, 2d never made sense.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Depth isn't a gimmick, just like color TVs weren't a gimmick when they first came out.

And the importance of immersion should be obvious.  You don't have a 20" TV in your living room, you probably have a 65" or something.  Depth/3D is just another way of increasing immersion.

19 minutes ago, integral said:

3d screens reduce overall stress and eye strain making for a much more natural experience, we have depth perception and its a intuitive part of our biology, 2d never made sense.

Oh wow that's nice to know. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I could agree for movies; harder for me to imagine where a 3D perspective could ‘sit’ in a movie. 

But for games, I’m astonished for that opinion. I think 3D currently sucks but 100% could see it making FPS, racing games, etc. way more enjoyable.

Like @integral said it’s intuitive with depth perception and I think overall just adds a brilliance, if it can be done correctly.

We could be overlapping VR opinions and 3D opinions- they kind of correspond.

Also, again, idk how you pull off head tracking in a theatre or on a tv (anything other than single person usage). This video used head tracking though, so maybe that’s more just for gaming.

Edit: I do have an idea for multiple person head tracking 3D but it really doesn’t solve any problems, any ideas?:

People could wear glasses that show them their individually tracked image and not others. But how would this even work for movies? Would every one get a different perspective of the frame? Would you have to watch it centered, or would it automatically calibrate? Would you have to watch it from different angles, literally, lol?

Edited by mw711

@integral I agree about the depth perception, but hsdnt heard anything about reduced eye strain.

My eyes always hurt from those movie glasses or at least a 3DS for sure lol. Different technology there though.

12 hours ago, integral said:

2d never made sense.

Have you tried DMT
:P

I'm looking more forward to The Whale by Darren Aronofsky than to The Way of Water. I have no interest in watching a visual spectacle – that's boring, if that's all that a movie has to offer. Visuals become outdated; great stories live forever.

I don't like this obsession with cinema and technology. Cinema is just a tool. A director's first love has to be drama, showmanship, and humanity – the tools of cinema are secondary.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins