Neo

Is This A Paradox Or Can Anyone Help Explain?

47 posts in this topic

Is this a paradox or can anyone help explain?

Everything I have learnt is pointing me to the fact that taking personal responsibility is everything. You create your own universe right now, you are responsible for it. I have found this to be empowering and moves me on to better things. If I am part of god, then that makes sense too.

But then there is "no free will". There is no free will, so how could I have been responsible for anything?

Paradoxes - those damn pesky thoughts that tend to manifest themselves when we view things from a dualistic perspective.

My feeling is that there is  free will and purpose - it's just that it may not be ours to claim. ;)

1 hour ago, Neo said:

But then there is "no free will". There is no free will, so how could I have been responsible for anything?

You can think that you are responsible. If you win a Nobel prize or Olympic medal , will you think that you have won it by chance because you have no free will? You are not ready to take responsibility only when you fail or do something wrong. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Everything I have learnt is pointing me to the fact that taking personal responsibility is everything. You create your own universe right now, you are responsible for it. I have found this to be empowering and moves me on to better things. If I am part of god, then that makes sense too.

There is free will. Uncertainty principle.

You are creating your reality. Sounds like you almost revealed this to yourself. Keep going.

It's like a video game. You make. You make choices for the experience. Yes of course, when it turns off, it's just nothing. But you get to play it. You are allowed to enjoy your life. At some point, know you create it, and be open to people who say you're a fool, for they do not know.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You can think that you are responsible. If you win a Nobel prize or Olympic medal , will you think that you have won it by chance because you have no free will? You are not ready to take responsibility only when you fail or do something wrong. 

OK, let me give you two examples; Everything we perceive is in effect created in our mind. We can choose where to go, what to fill our senses with. We can shape our universe. We can fill our mind with beautiful flowers just by going somewhere with flowers. (sounds simple I know)

But then you wake up and go to work, everything is grey and dreary (you are in England ok, it's a bit like that). But this can translate into feeling dull and grey. ***but it doesn't have to*** You literally are creating your internal world despite the greyness. Your internal mood and energy can feel like as if you were a worm looking forward to that wet day so it can come out of the stones and feed for the first time. "YIPPPEEE"...  <this is a worm saying that. :)

12 minutes ago, Neo said:

We can fill our mind with beautiful flowers just by going somewhere with flowers. (sounds simple I know)

You can fill your mind with beautiful flowers just by going somewhere with flowers only when you love flowers , many persons love their work. Whatever brings you in present moment makes you happy.   

9 hours ago, John Flores said:

According to one revelation of God I had, you are a little mechanical machine that you can "watch" doing its thing from outside your body ?. 

You know the scene in the movie "Ghost" where the guy tries to push something, and the ghost from the sub way says "no, no, you're doing it all wrong"? I'm like, trying to push and pull stuff physically and it isn't working...

11 hours ago, Neo said:

Well there is the illusion of free will and it certainly affects the way life happens.

If you find out there's no free will and then suddenly stop trying to do anything etc, you aint doing much difference to before, because the fact is no matter how much you think or feel you have free will,you still don't.  

So why even talk about it. You can even say the false thing, that you have free will and act 100% from there, still wouldn't change thw truth. 

The truth needs no defence and will be true no matter how much free will you experience. So you're not doing something wrong if you act from a position of belief in free will. In fact, if it makes your life better, which I cant see happening in my life, blue ? is always an option. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I'm interested in your reply Dodoster which is almost a nonchalant view on how one could view free will in great contrast to your other posts. I am more interested however in the responsibility contrasted with free will. There are some aspects of what you said where one could declare the exact opposite and find it true.

@Neo Dude. You. Are. NEO.

There is free will. You are free will. Leave the matrix fully, and never go back. 

Can you hear Rage Against The Machine playing WAKE UP?

Yes but it's like fucking swimming in treacle!

@John Flores or anyone, there was another thread about Self Enquiry but I can't find it now. I wanted to know when asking the question, "Who am I?" one is not waiting for an answer as such but a realisation. But in order to get a realisation, is one grappling with logic, "well I'm not this, I can't be that...etc" or is one merely returning to the repetition, as if it is the wearing out of the mind hearing the same question over and over that can cause break through?

So am I confusing this aspect of self enquiry with the high number of references on this forum to "insights" gained, expecting an insight in answer to the question, or is there in fact a different kind of insight which is more a realisation?

It's hard to imagine being angry for that proportion of time. Most people would subconsciously avoid thinking about your problems or have some addictions or other distractions to take their mind off it. I can't have kids so I get angry about that quite a lot, but it only lasts a few seconds at a time.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:22 PM, blazed said:

Michio Kaku is usually one to believe in Free will, and even his answer is a paradox in this sense.
He believes we have free will but we are mostly deterministic and criminals are not really to be blamed for their actions.... what?

Minute 13:50

i happen to ljsten to this todayand realized you missed the point.  he is explaining where Einstein  was in Einstein's thinking,and that Werner H proved there is uncertainty, proving eisteins determinism to be wrong.  just thought it was worth mentioning.  hate for u to live the rest of your life thinking u cant do anything.    ?

Edited by Nahm

On 23.2.2017 at 0:23 PM, Neo said:

There are no paradoxes, a paradox is something that occures if 2 concepts (man-made concepts that is ..obviously) contradict each other , or seem to not be congruent with each other. Solution: accept that the 2 concepts are just 2 concepts that are functional each in their own limited way for a certain area of the terretory (reality) ... 

having no free will is a concept, a pointer to something...the concept might be helpfull to realize a deeper truth about yourself and the world ...once you reached that deeper understanding you can put the tool / the concept to the side

also responsibility is a tool/ a concept ...i personaly agree with you that resonsobility is an important concept to make put order and integrity in your life and force you to thrive rather then just cope with life, so the tool is very practical. But ultimatly in a bigger picture it is just a concept that you choose to be true, it is made in your brain ... there is not really a need to be responisble ..you can also be a hobbo and die at age 30 ... the universe doesnt care ..or does it? ..the universe caring or not caring ...is just another concept ...is it useful if i belief the one vs the other is the higher quality question.

Hope that wasn´t extremely unhelpful. ;)

cheers

1 hour ago, blazed said:

I didn't miss the point, you missed the point. Read my post again and listen to him carefully, he thinks we are largely deterministic but the brain is not predictable due to the "uncertainty effect". He doesn't even think criminals are even at fault, because they might biologically love killing (deterministic mental states), and that "wrong" or "fault" is a human concept.

There is a lot of debate on Kaku's "own" viewpoint, and it's just that, his own viewpoint, it's easy for the ego to just go with someone who shares the same idea as you.

If you believe in the infinite, than that itself is deterministic, how can a version of you that exist in every possible scenarios not be deterministic, it's already been calculated. Lets simplify your life to a much smaller degree for understanding, If you role a dice of 1-6 its already predetermined that you will get the numbers 1-6. Not only that, but If all those realities exists (perhaps in different dimensions) than that in itself is deterministic.

If our existance is swarm of information, a very complex matrix, than it's deterministic.

If you believe in space time theory, that itself is deterministic, as it says our life is already existant, our death is not predetermined, but it already exists.

I'm sorry you have a naive view of determinism, as you can see, whether you believe in determinism or not the illusion of the experience will not disappear, if you try to sit down and do nothing "bcuz hell why not, determinism n all that" you will quickly realise, oh wait I'm hungry, oh wait i need money to buy food, oh wait I need a job oh wait, I hate my job, oh wait i need to find my passion and life goal, etc.

Determinism if used correctly can be powerful, for example, you can forgive all your past mistakes and errors, you can forgive yourself and love yourself as ultimately you are exactly as "God" intended you to be, and God doesn't make mistakes, the infinite doesn't make mistakes.

Best of luck to you.

:)