at_anchor

How to make the right decision and stick to it?

8 posts in this topic

I'm still lacking some kind of understanding, knowledge or information to be able to make an educated decision about what is the best place for me to live in and which language should I be learning. Should I leave my country forever or do I want to return. Not to mention my indecision at picking the right job or career to envision and go after. Should I go north, northwest, northeast, west, southwest, south, or southeast. Which continent is the best for me personally? 

It's like, I didn't travel the world, didn't try different stuff, didn't become very educated to know myself and pick my identity (and also I was often dissuaded), and there is always some kind of a reason or emotion against every decision, like nothing is perfect or right for me and everything could end up being the worst decision I ever made.

Edited by at_anchor

Generally when you're picking a place to live you would travel and spend time there first in order to solidify your decision.

Don't leave your country. 

If you don't have a plan in mind and if you end in another country without direction or map, then you can end up homeless and poor and no money to return back to home country. 

Traveling/settling in other countries is not easy especially during such times like political chaos, war, Covid. 

Stay safe!! 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

You have to exercise staying true to your own word. If you say it you have to do it or otherwise not say it. 

It is a muscle you have to build called willpower but you also need self knowledge.

Start with a small habit like push ups. Say to yourself I’m going to do 10 push ups everyday for a week. If you do that and you succeed you will value your own word and develop self respect. 

The problem is that most people won’t do that simple 10 push up habit and ask why they are lazy. Start with tiny habits. One habit influences your other habits. Your brain is interconnected.

Have you watched Leos video on how to be decisive? Its very good I promise.

As someone who has been struggling with indecisiveness and overthinking ( and still is to some degree) what I can tell you is that one day you will just get sick of always dabbling and realise the pleasure of committing to something. One day you’ll probably realise that it does not really matter what you pick b, as long as there is some heart in it and you commit to it long term. Cause in the end I think all paths are the same, they’re all hard and full of challenges and obstacles. 
You’ll also probably realise at some point that it’s much worse to be in this dabbly overthinking mode then just actually take and do something no matter what that is. 

“ The Warrior knows that there are a thousand paths, and they all lead to the same way : death . So the warrior chides the path in which there is heart because it will be the most pleasant to walk” ( something like that) 

Sorry for a delayed response. I've been having some trouble sleeping and processing stuff.

@thepixelmonk That is a great idea actually.  Thank's. But I doubt I can just go to Paris, London, Lisabon, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Madrid, and so on. I don't have the capital.

@Tyler Robinson This is a long term plan I'm trying to create for the next five to ten years. When you're powerless, poor, weak, demonized, abused, gaslighted, humiliated, hurt, etc., you don't own anything in a country so it's not really your country but from those that do this to you.

I would like to go to China and try some of the crazy food they make. Just not the bat soup, please just not that! But other than that kind of cultural open mindedness, I'm afraid western difference in cultures creates a blind spot in me, but also just fear.

@hyruga Exactly, I make many decisions in life without this kind of caution and overthinking "Oh, I made a bad decision, now I have to go back and go to the other store, what a bummer" or something. 

@StarStruck Yes, I lack self knowledge I guess. Best thing would be to detox, meditate and go trip on DMT, but that's fantasy. Staying true to my own word can be scary when the going gets tough if it is not the right thing for me. "I'm gonna do 500 push ups every day for the next week" is a big challenge, and it is the wront challenge if you are a female or something for example. Push ups and this is not the same thing. 

@Patrick_9931  It matters because I want to pick the best path for the best future for my own and other peoples happiness. How to get in touch with your heart?