Nathan

How Do You Deal With The Loneliness And Existential Dredd That Come With Enlightenment?

26 posts in this topic

I feel as though I wish I never read any enlightenment excercises ;_;

to study the way is to study yourself.
to study yourself is to forget yourself.
to forget yourself is to be enlightened by everything.

dogen zenji

you have certainly got things wrong. face your social anxiety straight.

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, Empty said:

@ajasatya What do you mean by facing social anxiety straight?

authentic spiritual practices lead the practitioners to face the way they build their own isolation. our friend @Nathan has come to one of these important moments. this is how oneness goes from conceptual to practical and true liberation can be realized instead of simply understood mentally.

thich nhat hahn has wonderful teachings about deep looking and deep listening. compassion heals.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya  I dont see what you mean!! maybe I dont grasp the English lango very well, lol. 

Does facing social anxiety straight mean, for example, taking actions: talking to ppl, socializing, etc. Or straight is doing self- inquiry? Or both?!! 

49 minutes ago, Nathan said:

You just realized that you have to kill the thing you think you are, of course you wish you never knew.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

There's a world outside of my own reality view though right? Sonder is a thing right? Even though we're all one conscious hivemind

I mean each of you are posting and all have your own lives etc.

@Nathan it is good to stay positive. I am also facing some extremly dark days ( this is how my ego perceive it) but I have known a lot about myself. I am sure you can relate :)

33 minutes ago, Nathan said:

There's a world outside of my own reality view though right? Sonder is a thing right? Even though we're all one conscious hivemind

The world you speak of is already a part of you, you are just blind to it.

At least you know you're blind, most people will suffer all their lives without a damn clue.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@ajasatya I'm not sure what you mean either. I too have experienced the deep loneliness this can bring when the concepts of others vanish.
If that's what's being talked about here. You say it's because of social anxiety? If so I can understand that. Because I have deep problems with that.
I guess one becomes more emotionally invested and clingy too others.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Your ego/mind does not want to understand that currency /money  and social acceptance example car got wife amount of money or things are an illusion. one cannot imagine letting go never fully accepting one true purpose/position. life is the journey by choice do what you want enlightened/spirituality/awakening is true calling to all being like hello is it me you were looking for?

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

Deal with it same as with any other emotion. Allow it, process it,. Clear it through perhaps breath and body work, whatever suits you.

If it is more than you can handle right now, escape it by perhaps talking to someone close. It is ok sometimes we get too ahead of ourselves and try to integrate experiences we are not truly ready for.

Just know this, once it is cleared you will NEVER in your infinite timeless existence have to deal with it again.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Empty @sgn yeah i was talking about taking action. purification through connectivity and the practice of love.

oneness doesn't relate well with loneliness, because loneliness carries a certain amount of suffering while oneness causes relief from suffering.

oneness relates well with the word solitude, which feels amazing and drives one towards wellbeing either while "alone" or interacting actively with everything and everyone.

unborn Truth

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

You created this reality and you are apart of everything that is. During mediation ask for guidance, your higher self will help you through this process. It's a difficult process dropping the ego but once you see it for what it is you'll be glad you did. Embrace everything that comes up with love and nothing can touch you :)

You have to face it head on. Ego will be afraid of it, but you must be focused and aware. I use a writing process to externalise my thoughts . I find it really helpful. It is a process Jed McKenna developed, he calls it Spiritual Autolysis(self-digestion). I have to say, it is by far the most effective technique I have used. Layers drop as fast as you do the writing, in a manner of speaking. It will still take time though and it will take everything you've got. 

You have to want it. Even though you conceptually know there is nothing to attain. The progress is negative, you slowly unbecome who you think you are. It's very much similar to purging. You write and write and write. As you do, you purge out every bullshit belief ego uses to fortify your prison. You see all your lies clearly and by doing so with the writing you actually "see" them, instead of messing around in your head with thoughts. 

I highly recommend you try this. Even read his books, he wrote a trilogy. Great stuff and good luck. Surrender to the process, whatever and however you decide to proceed. 

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com