Raptorsin7

The Way Of Mastery

100 posts in this topic

Oof. It's a been a stressful few days getting everything ready for my trip. I basically booked my flight and got everything sorted in the few days before I'm leaving.

Within a week i'll be at the Ards Friary in Ireland and then within the month I'll be in a state of ecstasy and surrender to god.

It hurts to read the posts by people on the forum. There's virtually no one here with genuine love and compassion in their hearts.

Read the recent posts by a guy like @Michael Jackson who is genuine and speaks with love compared to any mod and it's night and day.

But I've been good at not engaging with others on the forum. I think it would be great to just post on my journal and it can be a way to express myself and then vent a bit when stuff on the forum triggers me.

Edited by Raptorsin7

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Edited by Raptorsin7

I've grown in a lot in my compassion and tolerance towards black people. This video makes me tear up about how unjust these kids are treated 

I'm at the Vancouver Airport waiting to board my flight. 

It is my sincerest wish that this trap is a transformational experience.

I'm 27 years old but I've only had a few months of genuine enjoyment of life in the past decade. I want to evolve and to live a meaningful and adventurous existence.

Good luck to myself and God speed 

Good luck dude.

You ever fucked with heavy metal btw?

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

6 hours ago, Ulax said:

Good luck dude.

You ever fucked with heavy metal btw?

Thanks bro.

No I never was into it. But I know I have some suppressed rage and I think the genre speaks to guys like me. 

Why?

@Raptorsin7 When I wrote the message I was experimenting with using heavy metal to try to dive into some repressed/ suppressed rage.

And I thought you might have some supressed/ repressed rage as well. So I thought it could be of value to you too.

Be-Do-Have

On 10/31/2022 at 2:17 AM, Ulax said:

@Raptorsin7 When I wrote the message I was experimenting with using heavy metal to try to dive into some repressed/ suppressed rage.

And I thought you might have some supressed/ repressed rage as well. So I thought it could be of value to you too.

Thanks bro. I do have suppressed rage and it's something I want to work through. I'll experiment with it.

So I'm at the retreat now.

I am so lucky to be around a group of loving, compassionate, and wise souls. Everyone here is so genuine and they are a blessing to be around.

I feel much more compassionate, present and loving so far. And I still have 4 days left at the retreat.

I'll post some cool pics I've taken so far

This is my room below

20221101_190818.jpg

Edited by Raptorsin7

This is a beach that's about a 2 minute walk from the main building called Ards Friary

20221102_093338.jpg

Great stuff dude!

Be-Do-Have

Wow... this is such a beautiful place! It looks so peaceful there.

@Ulax Thank you

9 hours ago, eos_nyxia said:

Wow... this is such a beautiful place! It looks so peaceful there.

@eos_nyxia Yeah, it's really incredible being here. The setting on the ocean and in the forest plus the loving people is really a site to behold.

@Zeroguy ?

Edited by Raptorsin7

Only 2 days left on the retreat. It's gone by really quickly, I wish it were longer but I also have hit a wall with my progress.

The phobia of shitting myself and getting shamed has come up for me, but don't feel ready to really confront it (whatever that means lmao). I can't fully surrender because that comes up and my ego jumps in to resist.

I think I thrive in semi-isolation. When I'm around too many people I find I'm very guarded and my ego is more active. But when I'm truly alone the wheels fall off, like how much more I've used my phone these past 2 days. 

I'm still really confused and lost, but I've really enjoyed my time here. Not sure what will be next, but I think I'd enjoy doing another vipassana retreat or some other form of reclusive practice so I can purify and retreat into myself.