The Mystical Man

Jury Decisions Announced in Parkland Shooting Trial

56 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Wow, that’s funny how your opinion that your smarter and see reality from a higher perspective than all the idiots who think someone who murdered 17 people deserves to die. What’s it like being so smart?

I'm openminded to the idea of punishing / getting revenge against murderers in the legal system, but if it's about punishment / revenge, it should actually involve torture and painful death rather than just lethal injection. Then it would really make sense. It genuinely would punish them, not just eliminate them.

But rehabilitation is superior.

@AtheisticNonduality I’m not wanting to punish Cruz, I want to delete him. There’s no rehabilitation for someone who murdered 14 children. Game over. Give him back to God. He is immortal anyway. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@AtheisticNonduality I’m not wanting to punish Cruz, I want to delete him.

If it's not about punishment and it's not about rehabilitation, then it does come down to allocation of resources. But he probably wouldn't see it that way, so it's about whether or not he has human rights. You could say murdering other people removes your right to life, but again, that's a matter of debate.

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

There’s no rehabilitation for someone who murdered 14 children teenagers.

That's an assumption. How different could he be in 60 years?

@AtheisticNonduality He didn’t just murder other people, it was a mass murder of children. It’s also not about resources for me. I think he should be killed for committing a mass murder. It’s just that simple, if you commit a mass murder of children you die. 

I don’t care who he will be in 60 years. There’s billions of us who don’t commit mass murder. There are probably people he affected who will commit suicide as a direct result of his actions, people who may end up homeless and on drugs, people who in 60 years are shells of what they could of been. Who knows?

in 60 years his victims will still be dead. Let’s care more about Cruz though. Jk, I know you aren’t caring more about the mass murderer than all his victims and their families and communities.

And ultimately, if he spends his life in prison, who knows. Maybe he will find a way to contribute. I still think he deserves death for what he took from everyone else. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Me me me 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no ambiguity in this guy's case. He could be justly executed tomorrow.

Here's a simple rule: anyone caught on camera shooting at children in a school is executed within a month.

Yes

4 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

It's never that simple. There are always aggravating and mitigating factors. The jury recommended life in prison because of Cruz's upbringing and his mental illness. 

Irrelevant because:

1) This is a resource allocation issue.

2) Every murderer will have a bad upbringing story.

Why should this useless guy get millions in societal resources when we could funnel those resources to other people who need them and will make good use of them? As an example, the therapists we waste on this guy could be used to help abused children.

I would rather invest $1 million in abused children than in this depraved dude.

Why do you want to take $1 million away from abused children? That's the proper framing ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@AtheisticNonduality Some call him the king of ASMR :P

In unrelating news Al Qaeda and ISIS are being recruited to fight with Ukraine but american progressives won't care because orange man bad!!!! and so we must fund them with weapons.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Galt said:

@AtheisticNonduality Some call him the king of ASMR :P

In unrelating news Al Qaeda and ISIS are being recruited to fight with Ukraine but american progressives won't care because orange man bad!!!! and so we must fund them with weapons.

I'm not sure how accurate this "alternative" anti-Western information is. The videos I've seen from mainstream sources show Ukrainian soldiers reclaiming destroyed areas and desecrating Russian flags / replacing them with Ukrainian flags + Kherson is now under siege. The idea Al Qaeda and ISIS are going to Ukraine to help Zelensky because the Ukrainians are all dead seems dubious to me.

But if we're going to share anti-American videos, this is probably my favorite (I doubt Ogre knew RT was propaganda, since they approached him).

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a resource allocation issue.

Isn't this approaching it from a scarcity mindset?

1 hour ago, Dryas said:

Isn't this approaching it from a scarcity mindset?

We have finite resources.

Especially in the prison and social services system.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This trial...

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins