Karla

Ayahuasca & 5 Meo

10 posts in this topic

Last weekend I sat for ayahuasca for the first time after being encouraged by one of my DMT group-mates rave reviews to do an ayahuasca ceremony 

When I first talked to the retreat leader she interviewed me, explained everything and mentioned that her partner served 5 Meo— which I haven’t been able to access here in the states.

After inquiring, I talked to him and made plans to re-assess my desire to sit for bufo after the ayahuasca ceremony. He told me it might be hard to integrate two medicines all at once & to consider this fully. 

Obviously, after the aya ceremony I still wanted to do bufo because I saw it as a rare opportunity! Plus I had an extremely mild trip on aya. 

I really appreciate the ceremonial aspect through both medicines— the music, the sage burning, drums & sound healing.

Trip report:

Day 1 of ayahuasca

It was very mild in comparison to my experience with other psychadelics. On the first night I had 2 cups of medicine with almost no effects at all.

I felt an increased sense of gratitude, lightness and silliness. Everything felt like I was on an edge of a giggle— from talking, going to the bathroom and looking up at the stars. (The stars out in the mountains were literally breath-taking).

Day 2 of Ayahuasca

My heart was wide open after the ayahuasca medicine night two— I opted for only one cup, I had more light echo-y type visuals, light sobbing and light full body tingles. 

At some points it felt like my face was frozen and falling off. I felt more open and connected to the other people in the room but also deep appreciation for being there and wanting to bask in the gratitude more than talk.

I felt slightly annoyed that there was a lot of talking when I went out to the sacred fire, so I came back inside ate snacks and had some deep convo with 2 other participants.

I had a hard time grounding back down on the second night and I felt somewhat unsettled with having my heart feel SO wide open, however mainly underwhelmed with the experience overall. 

I tried not to have expectations but people around me were greatly affected—throwing up, dancing, snoring, laughing, crying— so it felt like I was just observing to some extent.

I had a really hard time going to sleep on night 2 and I think I got maybe 2 hours of sleep, if that. The night before I had about 3-5 hours, uninterrupted. However, I wasn’t sleepy at any point.

I had no plant medicine on Sunday after wrapping the closing, I made the plans to return the next day for the bufo ceremony with my friends.

When I returned on Monday, I was actually worried after a the 5 Meo micro-dose that I wasn’t going to have a deep trip with that either after the ayahuasca experience— but I was very, very wrong lol. Omgeeee.

5 Meo is powerful AF. I’ll do a separate report because it has greatly effected my dreams!

A part of me feels like I did the aya ceremony as a way to get access to the 5 Meo experience and I’m cool with that.

I’m overall SO happy I went, I met some cool, quality connections (very valuable for me atm), which also helped me find easy access to other psycadelics (ketamine & 2 CB) and ceremonies and the overall experience was cool— especially sitting for 5 Meo.

Some of the people I met there are already planning to return to the same spot next year but I’ll likely find something different next, just to expand my experience a little more.

Really would be into another mixed experience like this or solely 5 Meo ceremony if I can find something like that.

FYI, combining 5-MeO with MAOIs from Ayahausca can kill you.

You should not be doing Aya and 5-MeO on the same day.

If some shaman is offering you this kind of service, they are being extremely reckless -- they don't know what they're doing -- and it's only a matter of time until they kill someone.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura He had a day in between and chose to come back

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Okay then. Just warning you guys in case you get ideas.

Edited by Leo Gura

I had talked with a shaman who wanted to give 5 meo dmt first and then 1 hour later psilohuasca. Because She can offer. 

She never took 5 meo dmt in her life by the way and no one of her clients Did this. I just asked for 5 meo while She was just offering psilohuasca and she said then lets do both on same day. 

It's shocking how there are so many fake shamans out there 

Edited by OBEler

It's okay to do 5-MeO-DMT before Aya because 5-MeO is out of your system after about 90 minutes.

But if you reverse the order it can get into lethal territory.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

It's okay to do 5-MeO-DMT before Aya because 5-MeO is out of your system after about 90 minutes.

I once did a four day retreat, we did 5meo dmt at around 13pm and Aya at night every day.

Unforgettable experience ❤️

Edited by Greatnestwithin

@Greatnestwithin DIY retreat with friends or a commercial one?

I don't get the appeal of paid for psychedelic retreats. People leading them can be lacking in knowledge, as in this example, you don't know what the hell you are consuming and at what exact dose. You give up some control, you have to smell some shitty sage/palo santo or some other lung-irritating incense, and THE WORST OF THEM ALL you have to deal with nonsense-spouting hippies who have chosen to participate in the same ceremony.

Lighting up a bonfire with your friends and sharing a DMT pipe in circles is soo much better than any of this commercial bullshit, IMO.

Unbearable, hippies are unbearable.

What's even better take your gf/bf on a trip to mountains, go on a hike into the wilderness and take a hit in a serene scenery. No people, no spiritual cosplay, no distractions. Just Love.

10 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Unbearable, hippies are unbearable.

That's what grows you the most :D

Sartre has a famous quote: Hell is other people.

I propose we change that to: Hell is being stuck with a group of hippies for a week :D

Edited by Leo Gura

Sounds like your ayahuasca trip was nothing, when you take ayahuasca you literally cant function anymore in real world and have to go into meditetive laying state with your eyes closed.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE