ThePoint

For the past couple of years, I've gotten little to no results.

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

semen retention works relatively quick for me. It's been a couple of weeks at most and I already feel more masculine, deeper voice, stress resilience, etc. Probably because it increases testosterone.

@BlessedLion @UnbornTao 

When I did semen retention before my health issues started I noticed a huge improvement. But now when I do it I don’t notice much difference. I’ve gone 3 weeks on semen retention multiple times in the past couple of years and I didn’t feel much different. Maybe I’m so tired all the time anyway that fapping doesn’t have as much room of energy to drain. 
I don’t know maybe three weeks isn’t long enough.

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

I stopped using internet and my smartphone for an entire week and that dramatically increased my calmness, and sleep got much better. 

What did you do during this time instead? I am interested in this approach.

1 hour ago, kag101 said:

Books and information are not enough to treat all those conditions. 

What has truly helped me is getting treatment with a high-quality psychotherapist and psychiatrist.

Unfortunately, they’re not only expensive, but hard to find. But it is, hands-down, the most important investment I have ever made in my life

@kag101 I am currently seeing a psychologist but haven’t gotten much results. But I’ve only had 2 sessions with them so far.

Where and how did you find a high quality one? Any tips or recommendations? 

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

3 minutes ago, Raze said:

Read the ultramind solution 

Read rewire your OCD brain 

@Raze Which one do you recommend I read first?

18 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

@StarStruck Sounds great. But how??? What do I need to do to get out of my head?

Start meditation. Read power of Now to get out of your head. The book flow is also good. Do things from your core essence through flow.

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Start meditation. Read power of Now to get out of your head. The book flow is also good. Do things from your core essence through flow.

The book “Flow” by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi? 

Which one do you recommend I read first? The Power of Now or Flow?

And do you think listening to the audiobooks instead of reading is okay?

Edited by ThePoint

On 9/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, ThePoint said:

@BlessedLion @UnbornTao 

When I did semen retention before my health issues started I noticed a huge improvement. But now when I do it I don’t notice much difference. I’ve gone 3 weeks on semen retention multiple times in the past couple of years and I didn’t feel much different. Maybe I’m so tired all the time anyway that fapping doesn’t have as much room of energy to drain. 
I don’t know maybe three weeks isn’t long enough.

Some do it for entire years, so maybe try doing it for longer periods.

Also, channel that energy into something constructive/creative like exercise and art.

What did you do during this time instead? I am interested in this approach.

@kag101 

Reading, writing, cooking, exercise, watching TV, meditating, contemplating and doing nothing.

Look up dopamine detox.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 9/26/2022 at 9:04 AM, UnbornTao said:

Some do it for entire years, so maybe try doing it for longer periods.

@UnbornTao Yeah I know there are people that have done it for years. I just can't seem to go past a month. I always relapse after a month.

Also, channel that energy into something constructive/creative like exercise and art.

This concept of "channeling energy" is something I struggle with. How exactly would I channel sexual energy into creative energy?

Reading, writing, cooking, exercise, watching TV, meditating, contemplating and doing nothing.

All of that is great and perfect, but you watched TV during the detox??? For me that's even worse than going on the internet. At least on the internet I am learning things. The last time I watched TV it felt like it was numbing my mind.

Look up dopamine detox.

Yes I know about dopamine detox but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I think a big part would be for me to just not go on the internet at all for a week, with my only form of learning being from my kindle.

On 9/29/2022 at 1:52 PM, ThePoint said:

@UnbornTao 

This concept of "channeling energy" is something I struggle with. How exactly would I channel sexual energy into creative energy?

Don't know why I used that word. It's useful.

It simply means: invest the regained energy from healthier habits into something constructive that you like. Refocus your energy on creating whenever you're urged to do something hurtful to your body.

All of that is great and perfect, but you watched TV during the detox??? For me that's even worse than going on the internet. At least on the internet I am learning things. The last time I watched TV it felt like it was numbing my mind.

That personal challenge was about abstaining from the Internet and phone, not TV.

Rarely, when I felt tempted to pick up the phone, I'd watch TV for a bit.

Yes I know about dopamine detox but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I think a big part would be for me to just not go on the internet at all for a week, with my only form of learning being from my kindle.

Nice. Yes, that'd be more doable then. 

Cutting out all forms of stimulation at once would be overwhelmingly hard and boring.

Don't get stuck in mental masturbation. ;) Either do it or don't. 

Edited by UnbornTao