Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

Dissecting Leo’s Take on Solipsism (My Deepest Spiritual Content Yet) [video]

12 posts in this topic

Dissecting Leo Gura’s Take on Solipsism (Direct Communication to Followers of Actualized.org)

In this video I go in depth on the type of solipsism that has been promoted by Leo in the past as well as linking it to other common concepts in other spiritual traditions such as the Atman, Brahman, and the radical levels of impermanence privy to higher-level Buddhist insight meditators. I’m not going to spell it all out here as doing this properly in text format would likely take more time than making the video did. I’ll leave the work of simply watching the video to you. If you’re impatient or in a rush, you can skip the first 5-10 minutes of introduction. 

A quick side note: I’ve not been taking my YouTube content and any spiritual topics released very seriously lately. This video is a strong exception to that. This is the first time in many months that I’ve released a deep “teaching”. This is by far the most complete and likely best-delivered video on spiritual topics I’ve made potentially in all my time on YouTube. I live my life in a rather effortless flow which is in many ways uncontrollable these days after my awakening process has deepened exponentially over and over ever since I reached stream entry (1st of 4 levels of awakening in the Theravadin Buddhist tradition) on May 28, 2021. What this has meant is that much of my content and life was essentially making and living itself to differing degrees with the past several months being on a completely immersive and involved autopilot that is quite difficult, if not impossible, to explain in its fullness. This is all to say that things finally lined up in this process of flow to create a deep and direct teaching on a serious note. 

I make this video because I have a good friend who has been suicidal multiple times due to misunderstandings of Leo’s teaching on solipsism. I do not hold Leo to blame for this, but this does lead me to want to naturally release a serious and in-depth piece of content on the matter. The video is a breakdown of solipsism only and does not get into any of these reasons for making the video nor does it spend any time with criticisms of Leo or similar things. 

I want to personally thank Leo for his work and the great help he’s given me indirectly through his teachings. I wish you all the best on your personal journeys. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Top talk that. Interesting perspective. Food for thought as you say haha

It definitly helped me so you fulfilled your value for atleast one ego appearance :)

I have recently been led to what I eould like to coin as: the insight into the absolute nature of back to the drawing board. So e your explanation was a nice flowong excursion "away from the drawing board" of what the drawing board has to say of itself. Now that the video is over the drawing board is empty, but im thinking back to the video and redrawing the drawing about the drawing.

@BipolarGrowth  As of late, I've also felt that Leo's content has started to lose relevance with me, almost as if everything I made Leo to teach me he already had, and if I kept listening he would just reiterate philosophical claptrap that isn't really pertinent to the work I'm doing, no matter how valid it(the philosophy) might be in it's own right.

When I realized that humans were capable of attaining a state of infinite power, then months later Leo experiences not in a human state, but a high-level drug-induced Omnipotent state and reports to us about it, that was really when I felt he reached the apex of his usefulness to me, since then it's gradually tapered off.

As for solipsism, or to be more specific what you call traditional solipsism. To comprehend how I understand this to be essentially an epistemological blunder, some background theoretical understanding first is necessary. There are essentially two dimensions to how the human mind arrives at intellectual judgments, well three but I'll exclude the emotional dimension here. There are the logico-rational and the emotional-intuitive dimensions, though it's possible to utilize intuition separately from emotions so we could just as simply say the intuitive dimension. When I say logic, I mean one's ability to think on their own and arrive at conclusions independently of input from other sentient beings' thoughts or intelligence. Logic is of course a simple little process, that eliminates impossibilities based on known information. When I say rationale, I'm referring to basically the same process, but instead of generating one's own logic you're just borrowing someone else's, essentially stealing their thoughts and reasoning processes as it was. So the logico-rational dimension of human judgments represents a synthesis of one's own logic and all the logic of perceived other selves.

Intuition is difficult to put into words because there is no mechanism for it, you just know something because you know. There are mechanical aspects to this potential, if the self has certain biases which manifest as negative emotional responses, then certain intuitions are blocked for the sake of the ego.

Anyway, an example of human intuition is the obvious realization that other humans are "just like you" so to speak. Or in other words, they're a self that also has its own experiences. This intuition then is normally reinforced by the logical thinking mind which may after looking in a mirror, see that oh I have a face, a nose, two eyes etc, thus I'm a member of the same species as the other humans. And of course, when the intuitive and logical dimensions of the mind work synergistically like this, it becomes essentially impossible to imagine that either one could be making an error. And because your experiences of reality are generated by your own mind through basically blind faith. You imaging that others are real and have their own experiences separate from your own makes it so. This is why I've called traditional solipsism an epistemological blunder, because it's simply untrue.

So traditional solipsism arises when someone refuses to permit their logical thinking mind to incorporate the intuitions of higher levels of mind. Women tend to be slightly stronger in the emotional-intuitive dimension and this is just a generality of course. But because of this, oftentimes if you teach solipsism to a woman she'll just respond with yeah that got to be bullshit. Which is obviously an illogical argument as you can't debunk something on sheer incredulity or with ad hominem. But it's correct because the truth is others do exist in a very real capacity, and the intuitive mind is always aware of that reality. As such, it's mostly only men that'll buy into this traditional solipsism. And yes, to some extent this a minor criticism of your occasional statement of "if you're an experiential being". Lol, if you imagine me to be I am, and you do, the fact that you're reading these statements is proof of that.

The solipsism Leo teaches is radically different from what you call traditional solipsism. So much so that it can even be construed as the same concept without being the same thing at all. And I'd mostly agree with how you've opined on Leo's arguments and statements, though I have to say that it feels like you've mostly addressed just your own understanding of solipsism in the video, and not really necessarily exactly what Leo has to say.

11 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I make this video because I have a good friend who has been suicidal multiple times due to misunderstandings of Leo’s teaching on solipsism.

This is exactly why Leo decided to take that video down. It became apparent that the vast majority of humans, even many in Leo's audience were insufficient in terms of the prerequisite maturity and experience needed to handle the things he said in the video. It's just too fucking powerful a statement to tell a normal person that they're all that exists, if for no reason other than the fact that they don't really have a clue what that even means. It's almost like those of us that have had higher consciousness experiences are some kind of secret society and we have a covert system of codes and symbols to articulate things no one with only exoteric knowledge can comprehend. And yet we're actually none of those things, it's really just that we've experienced things so far beyond the limits of ordinary human consciousness that our perspective is mostly alien and incomprehensible to your average Joe.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

There are no separate thoughts. His thoughts are just your thoughts. You constructed him to teach you. Its why copyright is pure delusion and actually quite hilarious. This separation game we play is so deep there are not enough paragraphs for me to write on how deep this deceptive game is. I'm getting to a point where I am getting tired of even writing and explaining it....because you could do this forever....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

You really geeked out on the spirituality there, I lmao most of the way through.

I was working on a project and kept getting distracted listening to it because it was pretty chaotic trying to follow all the tangents but in you I sense joy, fulfillment and that you're at peace my friend which is all that matters.

It appears that for your experience well being is served!

Peace

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

You really geeked out on the spirituality there, I lmao most of the way through.

I was working on a project and kept getting distracted listening to it because it was pretty chaotic trying to follow all the tangents but in you I sense joy, fulfillment and that you're at peace my friend which is all that matters.

It appears that for your experience well being is served!

Peace

❤️?? I was definitely in a tangential type of expression, but this is simply the only way that communication could have been done authentically at the time

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

If you throw out all ideas you have ever received, you are left with nothing but yourself in the reality of The One Experience. All POVs are distinctions you are imagining within The One Experience. All you have and will ever experience is yourself!!! Everything you experience is your experience! Anything you imagine outside your experience and being separate from your experience is your experience! 

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

If you throw out all ideas you have ever received, you are left with nothing but yourself in the reality of The One Experience. All POVs are distinctions you are imagining within The One Experience. All you have and will ever experience is yourself!!! Everything you experience is your experience! Anything you imagine outside your experience and being separate from your experience is your experience! 

Precisely