Revolutionary Think

Criminal Pedophile

208 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

What you wrote about pedophilia is just plain false and unhelpful for a victim to heal.

I have a feeling that your belief in the latter is affecting your belief in the former. None of what I said is false. It's what the research says.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

I have a feeling that your belief in the latter is affecting your belief in the former. None of what I said is false. It's what the research says.

My third law degree and the criminology lectures I attended, on top of first hand experience in the matters I've had disagree.

3 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

My third law degree and the criminology lectures I attended, on top of first hand experience in the matters I've had disagree.

Can you write down specifically where Carl is wrong?

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why would they want a kid as a spouse? Are they sort of projecting themselves as the child and wanting to love themselves when they were children?

They do always seem like they were manipulated with love as a child, Michael jackson for example

Edited by Devin

1 minute ago, zurew said:

No, thanks. Unfortunately, my time is better spent elsewhere. I already know how this is going to end up anyway.  

Carl just made this analysis out of his general impression on the subject, so he should be the one asked to source his analysis, if anything. 

1 minute ago, Etherial Cat said:

No, thanks. Unfortunately, my time is better spent elsewhere. I already know how this is going to end up anyway.  

Carl just made this analysis out of his general impression on the subject, so he should be the one asked to source his analysis, if anything.

If I'm sexually attracted to someone, is it not to be expected that I would want a normal romantic relationship with them?

5 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

In that case, there is 0% chance that anyone will change his/her opinion on this matter.

18 minutes ago, zurew said:

The reason behind sexual pedophilia seems to be the power dynamic, it has nothing to do with love for the child. *i've done no research

Edited by Devin

1 minute ago, Devin said:

The reason behind sexual pedophilia seems to be the power dynamic, it has nothing to do with love for the child.

How do you know that? Can you absolutely exclude the love for the child in all instances?

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

The reason behind sexual pedophilia seems to be the power dynamic, it has nothing to do with love for the child.

It has to do with sexual attraction. If there is a pathological need for power or lack of empathy, that qualifies for a different diagnosis.

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 minute ago, zurew said:

How do you know that? Can you absolutely exclude the love for the child in all instances?

Well yeah, it's well known it fuks the kid up, you don't fuk people up that you love

Edited by Devin

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

It has to do with sexual attraction. If there is a pathological need for power, that qualifies for a different diagnosis.

I never see sexual attraction and love as one

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

you don't fuk people up that you love

Oh thats definitely not true. Most violence and crime and most hurt are behind family doors.

Also don't forget that it doesn't have to  be intentional.

Edited by zurew

Just now, zurew said:

Oh thats definitely not true. Most violence and crime and most hurt are behind family doors.

Yeah, doesn't mean there was ever love behind those doors

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

In that case, there is 0% chance that anyone will change his/her opinion on this matter.

There are plenty of people running amok with uninformed opinions everywhere. You can't stop and help them all out. And very often, narratives are used as a way to legitimize underlying feelings.

We often focus on providing rational argument, but what would be needed is to work on that feeling dimension. Ex: Trumpists

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If I'm sexually attracted to someone, is it not to be expected that I would want a normal romantic relationship with them?

That's plain incorrect, even in a normal set up. 

Just now, Devin said:

So generally, you don't think that people in a family love each other?

Because again, most crimes and hurt are happening between family members.

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

What you're doing is a word game. Pedophilia is about sexual attraction, not being power hungry or lack of empathy.

Edited by Carl-Richard

They are acting unconsciously, repeating what was done to them. They can’t have normal relationships with adults because they themselves are traumatised and feel they can only connect with children because they are frozen as a child In an adults body from the abuse they experienced.  It keeps repeating until someone wakes up and stops it.

Here is a weak study on "Sexual Attraction and Falling in Love in Persons with Pedohebephilia".

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32086644/

Few studies of pedophilia or hebephilia have included questions about romantic attraction. We conducted an anonymous online survey of 306 men who self-reported as sexually attracted to children. The majority (72%) of participants reported they had fallen in love with a child in their lifetime. 

The results of this study were consistent with the suggestion of Seto (2012) that pedohebephilia could be considered a form of sexual orientation for age, which includes both sexual and romantic attraction.

Edited by zurew

Just now, zurew said:

So generally, you don't think that people in a family love each other?

Because again, most crimes and hurt are happening between family members.

Correct