Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emrie

Therapist for Self-Actualization?

11 posts in this topic

Hi I'm wondering if anyone is seeing a therapist?

I'm not depressed or have any real mental disorders, but I've been considering going to see a therapist.

It's so that way I have someone to talk to and confide in about this stuff, in a safe space. Of course, there's the forum and my journal, and they're definitely outlets that allow me to talk about this stuff but it's not the same as in person. And there's also some stuff I would probably keep to therapist-only, not even here.

So yeah I was wondering if anyone is seeing one or has seen one and has any comments?

@Emrie It's a great idea, if you find a good one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Most therapists are stage green people beholden by the DSM-5 to hold a certain approach to mental health and to ignore its spiritual underpinnings. Most of them will teach you mindfulness but will woefully underestimate its importance and will not have a clue what you're talking about if you've accessed mystical states. They are compassionate and skillful people, but I think it should be clear that their specialty is in helping people who have very limited awareness of their emotions and thoughts to develop basic coping mechanisms. They will NOT guide you along a spiritual path.

What benefits people who have stepped into mysticism and the integration work that comes with it is either a life coach or a transpersonal psychologist. I've been working with transpersonal and it's wonderful. It's like having a weekly chat with Eckhart Tolle. Also don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you don't have a mental disorder that a therapist wouldn't want to work with you.

@SonataAllegro That is actually fine because that's where I am. I need to do this ground work before I can go along the spiritual path.

Thanks everyone.

@Emrie I can hook you up with a based EMDR therapist. She's a master. Lemme know in the DMs if you're interested. She knows some of Leo's ideas as well.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

I suggest you DM @Kksd74628 and see if he is fit to you. He is great coach and he is a safe space for me for sure.