Someone here

Reality is 100% direct

67 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, axiom said:

@Someone here

Time and space only seem to exist relative to the perceptions of a fixed point, i.e. "That seems to be over there, so I must be right here".

The fixed point is illusory.

All apparent causes are simply memories / appearances "happening" now. The past manifestly is nowhere to be found. Ever. It could be said that nothing is actually happening since it all becomes nothing instantaneously... actually in less than an instant.

One would say that the past is just as real as the present. Its just that we, have moved from 'there' to 'now'. Just like you move from one spatial location to another, you've moved from one temporal location to another. However unlike space, we can't move back in time. At least not yet. So, things in the past are just as real as the things in the future.

Like, dinosaurs exist and are real. They may not exist in this particular temporal location, but somewhere else. Just like the Eiffel tower doesn't exist where I am right now, but at a different place. However, the tower is just as real as the chair I'm sitting on. Right ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

One would say that the past is just as real as the present. Its just that we, have moved from 'there' to 'now'. Just like you move from one spatial location to another, you've moved from one temporal location to another. However unlike space, we can't move back in time. At least not yet. So, things in the past are just as real as the things in the future.

Like, dinosaurs exist and are real. They may not exist in this particular temporal location, but somewhere else. Just like the Eiffel tower doesn't exist where I am right now, but at a different place. However, the tower is just as real as the chair I'm sitting on. Right ?

The past and future exists as a concept in the present. 
The Eiffel Tower exists as a concept in your mind. 
Even the chair you are sitting on only exists as a concept in your mind. You only have shapes, feelings (like hardness) and color as a direct experience. Nothing in your direct experience suggests that you are sitting on a chair. 

4 minutes ago, Jannes said:

The past and future exists as a concept in the present. 
The Eiffel Tower exists as a concept in your mind. 
Even the chair you are sitting on only exists as a concept in your mind. You only have shapes, feelings (like hardness) and color as a direct experience. Nothing in your direct experience suggests that you are sitting on a chair. 

This is an extreme approach that tries to deconstruct as much of conceptual reality.  

I know what you are talking about . We can keep deconstructing everything like that but then on our day to day life we operate as though the past and the future and the chair exist . So you actually would be a hypocrite if you deny those things .

Like i said ..the past exists as memories. Those past instances did happen. It's just that we don't have access to them right now in our conventional state of consciousness.

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This is an extreme approach that tries to deconstruct as much of conceptual reality.  

It’s the spiritual approach 

I know what you are talking about . We can keep deconstructing everything like that but then on our day to day life we operate as though the past and the future and the chair exist . So you actually would be a hypocrite if you deny those things .

Maybe at some point I will be awake enough to see them as illusions when I go about my day but yes right now I hold them as truth.

Like i said ..the past exists as memories. Those past instances did happen. No they didn’t happen, they do happen right now. It's just that we don't have access to them right now in our conventional state of consciousness.

@Jannes  Linear time is not a human construct. The theory of quantum physics theorizes that it's all dimensional. The past and the future are all happening concurrently in a different dimensional space and everything is connected.

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Jannes  Linear time is not a human construct. The theory of quantum physics theorizes that it's all dimensional. The past and the future are all happening concurrently in a different dimensional space and everything is connected.

The theory of quantum physics. Look I don’t know shit about quantum physics but it’s theory and not direct experience. I didn’t make a scientific claim, I just said what’s in your direct experience. 

@Jannes  lemme ask you this:

Is the present a product of the past, or rather the past is a product of the present ?

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Jannes  lemme ask you this:

Is the present a product of the past, or rather the past is a product of the present ?

Depends on how you look at it I guess.

From a scientific point of view I would say the present is a product of the past, although I am not sure what your quantum physics says about that. 
From a spiritual point of view this questions doesn’t really make sense if you see the past as something real because it isn’t. But you could say "the past“ is a product of the present because everything is present.

3 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Depends on how you look at it I guess.

From a scientific point of view I would say the present is a product of the past, although I am not sure what your quantum physics says about that. 
From a spiritual point of view this questions doesn’t really make sense if you see the past as something real because it isn’t. But you could say "the past“ is a product of the present because everything is present.

What i mean is that in my model ..the present is a product of the past ..because where else did this present moment come from if not from the previous moment  ? So that proves the existence of the past .

However in your model ..the past is a product of the present in the sense that the past is just a collection of memories that we imagine in the present. 

Again..If you deny this chain of events from past to present to future (basically deny cause and effect  ) then reality will stand still and nothing could happen because there are no causes that bring about effects (which requires time to be  real)

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What i mean is that in my model ..the present is a product of the past ..because where else did this present moment come from if not from the previous moment  ? So that proves the existence of the past .

However in your model ..the past is a product of the present in the sense that the past is just a collection of memories that we imagine in the present. 

Again..If you deny this chain of events from past to present to future (basically deny cause and effect  ) then reality will stand still and nothing could happen because there are no causes that bring about effects (which requires time to be  real)

The past is a memory which is only apparently in the present.

Using the quantum mechanics paradigm, John Wheeler‘s Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser proves that the past doesn’t exist until it is measured / observed right now. MIT substantiated the original 1980s theory with reproducible experiments a couple of years ago.

Apparently.

The present moment comes from itself. Reality is self-conceiving, right now.

Your modeling is futile. This thinking and discussions you're having all the time are completely pointless. You are NOT going for the Truth. Break out of it!

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

The past is a memory which is only apparently in the present.

Using the quantum mechanics paradigm, John Wheeler‘s Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser proves that the past doesn’t exist until it is measured / observed right now. MIT substantiated the original 1980s theory with reproducible experiments a couple of years ago.

I actually agree. We only know about the past because we have memories. Dates, which seem to index past events, actually index memories. Memories always exist in the present so dates are an index of present memories. Indirectly, dates index past events because past events caused memories but past events are not physically present. Only memories of past events are present.

The important point here is that if you claim the past and future are mere projections being imagined in the present..then why don't you live your life in accordance with that?  Why do you spend the majority of your time worrying about the future and reliving the past? 

Again it's one thing to understand conceptually the illusion of time or the illusion of causality..and it's another thing to actually embody these so called truths about existence. 

-Osho

@Sincerity who pissed on your soup this morning xD?

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Sincerity who pissed on your soup this morning xD?

I don't know why Leo is letting you slide with this blatant ignorance.

7 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I don't know why Leo is letting you slide with this blatant ignorance.

Stop annoying me . I reported you. 

-Osho

41 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Stop annoying me . I reported you. 

I'm being harsh here because almost no one else is. Instead of yammering all the time and flooding the forum with your bs you could do some actual work. You are half parroting Leo, half sharing your unfounded theories and ideas.

I cringe at every other post of yours because you clearly haven't awoken and yet you're talking with absolute certainty about things you don't know. You are not here to learn. You are not only deluding yourself but also misleading other users who haven't awoken yet but think that you have and read your posts. I have personally met a guy from this forum and talked about this with him so I know this is the case to SOME degree at least.

If you wanna philosophize there is the philosophy subforum. But I see you preaching in the spirituality subforum often while it's obvious you have little experience in spirituality and awakening.

I know this is mainly MY problem because it's ME who's annoyed by your posts. But come the fuck on.

Maybe it's my mistake but I expect more from this forum.

Don't make things personal.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

because you clearly haven't awoken and yet you're talking with absolute certainty about things you don't know

How do you know that ? I've had several awakenings .the amount of work I do before posting a thread is enormous . You just get the final clear-cut picture. You don't see me struggling to piece together my insights in a easy to digest fashion. 

That being said ..I will keep posting on this forum on a weekly basis.  If you don't like my posts just ignore me or leave the forum or do whatever the heck you want .because my style ain't gonna change . 

I had people messaging me telling me we get great values from your threads and that they appreciate my "work".

So yeah.,as you said..it is a problem with you. Not with me .

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How do you know that ?

It's very easy to see.

I've had several awakenings .

Lol.

I'm done here. Good luck to you.

8 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Good luck to you

And to you too. You see ,I don't mind criticism. But you have to do it from above not from below .

I treat this forum seriously.  I don't post half baked insights .I really always try to make my threads high quality. 

And when I say I had an awakening I'm not kidding..you have to understand my background and where I'm coming from .

I had been depressed for as long as I could remember, right from teenage

The reason for my depression was very very vague. I just didn't know why. I felt out of place as if I did not belong to this world. I had this strange yearning, gnawing pain of missing something, but I had no idea what. Although it mimicked ‘sadness’ about regular life issues, it was actually deeper. It was an existential depression. I didn't know who I was, or what I was doing here. Very very uneasy.

Only through spiritual work and deconstructing my false beliefs about reality did I achieve even a little taste of happiness and fulfilment.  I treat this work as an art form.  And nothing gives me great joy then sharing my original insights with like minded people.  

So yeah sorry about it ..but I will keep posting. 

-Osho