gettoefl

I think you're pretty cute and I'm handing out a dating resume

will you do this   55 members have voted

1. 1. will you do this?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

potential script for handing out one's dating bio:

hello i think you are pretty cute

so i want to hand you my dating bio

here look please have a copy

take it with you

and if you want, you can just forward me your information 

and we can set up a date to meet up for coffee or something

does that sound okay then

ok nice meeting you

have a great day

At that point, why not just use Tinder? At least you won't be wasting any paper for this cringefest.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

potential dating bio

• name
  • location/neighbourhood
  • occupation (if student say which major)
  • do you live alone / with family / with friends
  • are you single
  • are you relationship minded / marriage minded / casual minded
  • are you introvert or extrovert
  • name one hobby you do every week
  • do you prefer reading / movies / vid games
  • do you prefer autumn or spring
  • are you politically minded and if so for which party or not interested in it
  • are you religious or are you spiritual or not interested
  • your favourite musical decade: 80s 90s 00s 10s
  • email address or phone number

other questions that would be best omitted or best included please suggest below

4 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

At that point, why not just use Tinder? At least you won't be wasting any paper for this cringefest.

the world is your oyster

you choose the perfect person based on your own eye your own effort your own elegance

tinder is for simpletons who haven't initiative to do things for themselves

Edited by gettoefl

3 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

the world is your oyster

you choose the perfect person based on your own eye your own effort your own elegance

tinder is for simpletons who haven't initiative to do things for themselves

I fail to see how handing out a resumé to strangers is elegant. This reminds me of kindergarten when you would go around with your friendship book and ask other kids to fill out a profile in it.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

I fail to see how handing out a resumé to strangers is elegant. This reminds me of kindergarten when you would go around with your friendship book and ask other kids to fill out a profile in it.

you are taking charge of the process as i mentioned in the pro's list i gave

corporations like tinder do not have your dating interests at heart, they are basically scam operators to extract the maximum cost for the minimum dates

you are proactively giving out the information you want and choosing the person you want in real time

trust that your elegance will be rewarded, leave the dumb algorithms to the herd

2 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

you are taking charge of the process as i mentioned in the pro's list i gave

corporations like tinder do not have your dating interests at heart, they are basically scam operators to extract the maximum cost for the minimum dates

you are proactively giving out the information you want and choosing the person you want in real time

trust that your elegance will be rewarded, leave the dumb algorithms to the herd

Why don't you just talk to the girl like a normal person?

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

Why don't you just talk to the girl like a normal person?

what do you think the lines above are for, to be machine read?

you are boiling down the essence of showing interest and receiving interest into a 2 minute conversation

easy to be cynical but you need to see that  this is a  superior method to the way so called pick up artists treats their prospects

On 9/10/2022 at 10:04 PM, Loba said:

But when you go and do that, it gives them the impression that you're desperate for them, and not that maybe you just kinda like them and want to speed things up.

Perhaps there's more art and practice to successfully coming up to men..

allow him to chase you, the woman for a while until he "wins", for some reason this is what seems to make men happy.

This is true, but doesn't exclude othe possibilities..

Nothing screams desperation more than handing out a literal job application to would-be suitors.  It's taking the chase away from the guy, which makes a good chunk of what attracts them to you work.  Also, when you hand out personal stuff like this to complete strangers, and then give them an open into your life, it allows abusers and predators to mold a personality to draw you into their web.  You literally have no idea who you are approaching. 

Yeah, I think the OP never had in mind that women should do this.

22 hours ago, gettoefl said:

doing what i fear is the best way to conquer fear

Then go out and figure out how to make yourself do the actual approaches, not picking an easier route that won't take you anywhere.

You can start with doing things you fear less, but at some point you will need to do an actual approach anyway. There's no other way. Also, there's way more benefits to cold approach pickup than the things you listed here.

5 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

what do you think the lines above are for, to be machine read?

you are boiling down the essence of showing interest and receiving interest into a 2 minute conversation

easy to be cynical but you need to see that  this is a  superior method to the way so called pick up artists treats their prospects

I'm not cynical, I just find the idea of handing my biography out to a girl quite comical. Just strike up a conversation and tell her about yourself.

10 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

you need to see that  this is a  superior method to the way so called pick up artists treats their prospects

If you really believe this and are not willing to surrender to the fact that it will just make you look weird, I think there's no point in further discussion..

3 minutes ago, petar8p said:

If you really believe this and are not willing to surrender to the fact that it will just make you look weird, I think there's no point in further discussion..

point is, people do not want to be accosted by strangers in public ... do you understand this?

it is being selfishly presumptuous that you are more important than the task the person is setting about doing

on the other hand to hand someone a blurb is a minimally invasive and more respectful way of ingratiating yourself without imposing your unwelcome agenda on some poor unsuspecting defenceless soul

to give someone a bio is a well meaning kindness

to set about to pick someone up is crude cringe worthy crass imposition

see the distinctions and learn how it feels to not want your slobbering attention

To put it bluntly, this won't work well for guys in general. For girls, it may work but the girls will still have to prove themselves worthy by doing great stuff going forward.

Because giving out your resume is a lower level submissive behaviour and put you on a lower pedestal as the other person. For girls, it is okay as long as they can show more value later on. For guys, it will just create even more resistance with the girls then if you just cold approach without material in general.

yo op tell me how it actually goes. I truly wanna know

5 hours ago, hyruga said:

To put it bluntly, this won't work well for guys in general. For girls, it may work but the girls will still have to prove themselves worthy by doing great stuff going forward.

Because giving out your resume is a lower level submissive behaviour and put you on a lower pedestal as the other person. For girls, it is okay as long as they can show more value later on. For guys, it will just create even more resistance with the girls then if you just cold approach without material in general.

it's a simple method of putting yourself out there while respecting another's sovereignty boundaries and busy schedule... rather than trying to prove how cool you are while flexing  your macho credentials on random victims

personally i have only been on the receiving end of this and i was hugely impressed with the courage and the ingenuity of the person who handed me their bio ... i know for a fact they got tons of dates from it

I wouldn’t personally.

But I think it’s sweet.  I would prefer a reality like this than typical pick up artistry. 

???????

23 hours ago, gettoefl said:

point is, people do not want to be accosted by strangers in public ... do you understand this?

That is what you believe. If someone strange comes up to you and makes your day, why would you be pissed him/her coming up to you, even if it's a stranger? 

You would be happy and probably even wanna cheer up other people's days.

it is being selfishly presumptuous that you are more important than the task the person is setting about doing

Yet so self-discouraging to think you're so unimportant that you can't enrich someone's life or 30 seconds of their time.

on the other hand to hand someone a blurb is a minimally invasive and more respectful way of ingratiating yourself without imposing your unwelcome agenda on some poor unsuspecting defenceless soul

And massively unfamiliar and questionable type of social human behaviour. If you want to be minimally invasive in social interactions, you will get rekt. All the time.

some poor unsuspecting defenceless soul

People are not defenceless. They can walk away. They can say "fuck you." They can politely reject you.. People have choice and their rights.

to give someone a bio is a well meaning kindness

Remember that for now this is just your idea. Not what you obtained from reality. There's a huge difference. Make experiments! Be a scientist!! Don't make assumptions and get paralyzed by your beliefs.

to set about to pick someone up is crude cringe worthy crass imposition

What if it's just a man's need that's going to help him evolute and make him more equipped for his hero journey?

Open for more objections ?

18 hours ago, gettoefl said:

it's a simple method of putting yourself out there while respecting another's sovereignty boundaries and busy schedule... rather than trying to prove how cool you are while flexing  your macho credentials on random victims

personally i have only been on the receiving end of this and i was hugely impressed with the courage and the ingenuity of the person who handed me their bio ... i know for a fact they got tons of dates from it

bro this shit sounds fucking stupid lmao. were you home schooled or something?