Someone here

Reality is meaningful

9 posts in this topic

This is just my response and reaction to this thread :

Even though OP didn't explain why he thinks reality is meaningless...but I can feel him .

@Zeroguy...there is meaning in every little thing of the life that we live in.

Everything happens for a reason. The almighty has planned something for us already which we maybe not aware of. If not immediately but definitely it will happen to us.

There is meaning behind every breath that we breathe, every heartbeat that we make. Nothing in this god damn world happens for no reason. We might overlook the cause behind anything but things do happen for some reason. Afterall we are only humans who can't see the future. But trust that the future will be brighter than the present. 

Remember this:"everything will be okay at the end .If it's not okay, then it's not the end ".?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Loved this! It relates nicely with Sarah Elkhaldy's video about the superconscious mind and the "three minds" (a.k.a. holy trinity)

I'm kind of afraid to click play that girl looks hangry!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I agree. There is deep meaning in reality. People that sit around all nihilistic about reality being meaningless are idiots. Just look at your hands! You’re alive? !

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I'm kind of afraid to click play that girl looks hangry!!

I literally BAHAHED out loud.

6 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

I agree. There is deep meaning in reality. People that sit around all nihilistic about reality being meaningless are idiots. Just look at your hands! You’re alive? !

Its not nihilistic reality is meaningless if it weren't it couldn't be love. Meaningless means you are free to attach any meaning you want, if it had meaning that would be a restriction on infinity and infinity has no restrictions. Only the ego is afraid of no meaning because without meaning there is not story, no identity, and thus no ego. The ego needs meaning to exist.

So life has no meaning, the only meaning it has is love. Love is meaning. But the no meaning and love means, whatever YOU love becomes your meaning. So for a bird scientists the meaning of life maybe for him the study of birds. For a boxer the meaning for life maybe defeating his opponent. Your meaning (what you are striving for everyday) will change as you change which is in the flow of life. Life couldn't be impermanent if it had meaning, it must constantly have an infinite amount of meanings which = no meaning. Its a paradox and its what life is.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

38 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Its not nihilistic reality is meaningless if it weren't it couldn't be love. Meaningless means you are free to attach any meaning you want, if it had meaning that would be a restriction on infinity and infinity has no restrictions. Only the ego is afraid of no meaning because without meaning there is not story, no identity, and thus no ego. The ego needs meaning to exist.

So life has no meaning, the only meaning it has is love. Love is meaning. But the no meaning and love means, whatever YOU love becomes your meaning. So for a bird scientists the meaning of life maybe for him the study of birds. For a boxer the meaning for life maybe defeating his opponent. Your meaning (what you are striving for everyday) will change as you change which is in the flow of life. Life couldn't be impermanent if it had meaning, it must constantly have an infinite amount of meanings which = no meaning. Its a paradox and its what life is.

I don't know. We can't know. But...

Every religion and every philosophy builds itself around attempting to answer this question of what is the meaning of life. And they do it on faith because life didn't come with a user's manual.

We live our lives inside a bubble with an opaque surface. Is there something bigger? Were we put here for a purpose? What happens next? What is the end goal? Is there an end goal? If those answers exist they are likely outside of our perception.

So, from our narrow perspective, what do we know? Or think we know?

As far as we know, we get one life. If reality is like a video game with three lives, we don't know that (sorry Hindus). That's as much meaning as we can perceive or measure. One chance.

So, ask yourself "If I had only one life, how would I live it?" and there is your meaning.

WARNING: ASKING THIS QUESTION RESULTS IN SELF-LOATHING EVERY TIME ONE LOOKS IN THE MIRROR, IF ONE DOESN'T FOLLOW THROUGH. LIFE IS EASIER IF ONE DOESN'T ASK.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho