Hugo Oliveira

Brazil has a high level presidential candidate

29 posts in this topic

Our main candidates, from the Spiral Dynamics perspective:

Jair Bolsonaro - RED/blue

Lula - Green

Ciro Gomes - Yellow *

* although  Ciro Gomes' values and worldview is vMEME Yellow,  he has a weak spot,  which is the ex-president Lula and the Workers Party, which triggers him a lot of unhealthy vMEME Red behavior. 

P.S: In my opinion, I believe that  Lula has some Tier 2 qualities,  in the way he does politics, which explains why he's having a lot of allies from many different social status, from the labor man to the businessman,  and some of them were even opposed to him and his policies in the past... but besides that, his core value system seems to be very vMEME Green to me.

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

as much as i like Ciro i don't think he is tier 2 either...

But regardless, i think it would be cool to form a group to discuss brazilian politics and brazilian problems, if you guys are also interested in it.

21 minutes ago, Lews Therin said:

But regardless, i think it would be cool to form a group to discuss brazilian politics and brazilian problems, if you guys are also interested in it.

15 minutes later

nia-johnny-averey-jordan-fighting-real-world-portland.gif

you really think it would go like that? i have more hope than you then...

I was thinking about doing it with a focus less on people, and more on ideas, so though not completely avoiding mentioning politicians, option to avoid mention when possible.

11 hours ago, Lews Therin said:

you really think it would go like that? i have more hope than you then...

I am half joking.

To be honest, this political situation is triggering me a lot the last 6 years and it's getting worse day by day.

Yesterday, at the election, i was really emotionally involved and, at the end, i was worried. Maybe Bolsonaro will win again and we are fucked.

I am seeing Brazil gradually being taken by the ult-right and evangelics.

With the support of million and millions of people, including intelligent people (mostly stage red/blue/orange) with lots of influence.

I am starting to lose hope.

Edited by Recursoinominado

Yeah, i am too sometimes, i feel completely powerless, as of right now, even if Lula wins there is a chance this ultra-conservative congress will actually control the country if Lula can get the "big-center" on his side.

And it's crazy, my best friend (who is the personification of Stage Orange), seems to be changing his mind to vote blank in the second round, even after spending the last 2 years saying if the second round was Bolsonaro vs The Literal Devil, he would vote for the Devil since he believed Bolsonaro was to blame for the death of his uncle who had covid right before the vaccines arrived.

I ended up voting for Lula in the first round (though very dissapointed with myself), since i didn't want another month of Auxilio Brasil to go through before the final decision is made.

Now, if Lula wins, we need to start to think on who is going to be the Left's candidate in the next election, cause Lula is getting older and weaker by the day.

The truth is this huge country experienced considerable economic development during the presidency of Lula da Silva, which came down again with Bolsonaro. People took development for granted, which was not, and voted for the populist candidate in 2018, a big mistake. He can try to blame Covid and would be partially right, but in the particular case of Brazil, and most developed countries, it's just a matter of what fiscal policies are put through. So many people came out of poverty and brought to it again not to realize it.

Another point, they incarcerated Lula da Silva using fake pretenses and forbid him to run in the previous elections. Lawfare. He has been freed from those crazy allegations, but the right media continues mudding his name regardless.

I think Brazilians are going to kick Bolsonaro in the ass in the second round. We'll see.

On 10/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, Lews Therin said:

I love this idea. We have to organize ourselves and somehow try to have a bigger impact in our society. We desperately need more tier 2 leaders to save our country from total disaster considering the far-right congress that was elected 02/10/2022.

18 hours ago, Hatfort said:

The truth is this huge country experienced considerable economic development during the presidency of Lula da Silva, which came down again with Bolsonaro. People took development for granted, which was not, and voted for the populist candidate in 2018, a big mistake. He can try to blame Covid and would be partially right, but in the particular case of Brazil, and most developed countries, it's just a matter of what fiscal policies are put through. So many people came out of poverty and brought to it again not to realize it.

Another point, they incarcerated Lula da Silva using fake pretenses and forbid him to run in the previous elections. Lawfare. He has been freed from those crazy allegations, but the right media continues mudding his name regardless.

I think Brazilians are going to kick Bolsonaro in the ass in the second round. We'll see.

this.