Shaul

LSD - Reliable Knowledge Resources

13 posts in this topic

Researching the web for resources regarding guides for taking LSD - dosages, how to prepare to the session,how to deal with things that can potentially happen during the session, integration and etc.

The amount of info found on the web is overwhelming and I don't know which one to trust.

What resources can you recommend for a total newbie in the field?

p.s Typing "LSD" in the search bar of actualized forum doesn't produce any results, even though I've seen posts regarding that topic. Is that a bug or I need to change something in the search settings?

Edited by Shaul

I recommend you consult Erowid, specifically their trip reports section is very useful relative to the information you seek.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

On 19/08/2022 at 9:47 PM, Shaul said:

Researching the web for resources regarding guides for taking LSD - dosages, how to prepare to the session,how to deal with things that can potentially happen during the session, integration and etc.

The amount of info found on the web is overwhelming and I don't know which one to trust.

What resources can you recommend for a total newbie in the field?

p.s Typing "LSD" in the search bar of actualized forum doesn't produce any results, even though I've seen posts regarding that topic. Is that a bug or I need to change something in the search settings?

Feel free to ask me anything.  I've done acid dozens of times.

Basically just make sure you don't have to do any "adulting" for the day and have no responsibilities for the day.  That's really all you need to know.  Maybe prepare some simple activities too.

Edited by thisintegrated

There is not so much to know. 

Take it on empty stomach. Expect to Trip for 10 hours. have water to drink and organic food (unnatural food tastes Bad on acid)  No responsibilities next day for first timers.

Thank you guys. @JuliusCaesar @thisintegrated @OBEler

I checked "Erowid" On @JuliusCaesar advice and few questions came up.

1. Is LSD suitable for getting new perspectives and insights on practical stuff in life, such as the professional direction in life? Or are other psychedelics more suitable for that?

2. I am worried about the purity of LSD. The following quote is taken from "Erowid". So apparently, test kits can only confirm whether the blotter has or hasn't LSD, however they are unable to detect NBOMe compounds in it. Other tests like the fluorescent test, are inaccurate. The only way is to check it in a lab...  How do you tackle this issue?

Since 2013, some blotter and liquid "acid" being sold in the Americas and Europe contains NBOMe compounds instead of LSD. The NBOMe chemicals can cause strong effects even on a single standard hit of blotter (1/4" (6mm) square). Unlike LSD, NBOMes can cause death.

3. Is a guide necessary or is it safe to be done alone?

4. You mentioned food, do you eat during the trip or is it better to fast through the whole experience?

5. What was your initial dose?

4 hours ago, Shaul said:

1. Is LSD suitable for getting new perspectives and insights on practical stuff in life, such as the professional direction in life? Or are other psychedelics more suitable for that?

It's perfect for this.

4 hours ago, Shaul said:

2. I am worried about the purity of LSD. The following quote is taken from "Erowid". So apparently, test kits can only confirm whether the blotter has or hasn't LSD, however they are unable to detect NBOMe compounds in it. Other tests like the fluorescent test, are inaccurate. The only way is to check it in a lab...  How do you tackle this issue?

Buy from a reputable vendor with good reviews.

4 hours ago, Shaul said:

3. Is a guide necessary or is it safe to be done alone?

Alone.

4 hours ago, Shaul said:

4. You mentioned food, do you eat during the trip or is it better to fast through the whole experience?

Food is good at the end of the trip.  Make sure you don't have to cook or anything.  I recommend weed when you wanna eat.

Food is amazing on acid + weed.  Awful on acid alone.

4 hours ago, Shaul said:

5. What was your initial dose?

A tab.  Forget the numbers, they're never accurate.

8 hours ago, Shaul said:

There do exist more powerful substances, however, LSD is very versatile. Whatever you want out of the experience, keep your mind focused on it during the trip.

8 hours ago, Shaul said:

The only way is to check it in a lab...  How do you tackle this issue?

While subjecting your LSD to GCMS would be wise, it is not the only way to protect yourself. You can buy chemical test kits online capable of detecting NBOMEs, such as the Ehrlich. They only cost like 15 bucks, and they could save your life should you be so unfortunate as to acquire these heart attack-inducing fake LSD products.

Thank you for your answers.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:07 PM, thisintegrated said:

How about Psilocybin mushrooms?

After doing some research I found out that the probability to find pure LSD where I live is pretty low. So, if mushrooms are suitable too, I can grow them by myself from spores. That way I won't be intoxicating my body with shady components.

16 hours ago, Shaul said:

How about Psilocybin mushrooms?

After doing some research I found out that the probability to find pure LSD where I live is pretty low. So, if mushrooms are suitable too, I can grow them by myself from spores. That way I won't be intoxicating my body with shady components.

That works too.

Though if you order online it's easy to find reputable vendors.

I hear AlphaBay has made a return.

On 21/08/2022 at 7:13 PM, JuliusCaesar said:

You can buy chemical test kits online capable of detecting NBOMEs, such as the Ehrlich

I might be wrong on this point but I’m fairly certain Ehrlich detects acid and not the presence of NBOME

I use that reagent to test for acid but I’ve never done any more thorough testing. Buying from a reputable vendor + ‘contains LSD’ is enough to satisfy my personal risk tolerance anyway. If I got it off some random dude I’d test more thoroughly

On 8/23/2022 at 6:11 PM, something_else said:

I might be wrong on this point but I’m fairly certain Ehrlich detects acid and not the presence of NBOME

If it turns purple, you're safe because it's genuine LSD. If not, it may be an NBOMe. If you want to certain that it's not a false positive, then use the Hofmann reagent instead. Because the Ehrlich test is known to be not 100% effective all the time kinda like a condom,  whereas the Hofmann reagent is basically perfect, or at least there aren't instances of inaccuracy of which I'm aware.

I highly recommend reading the Books from Stanislav Grof. He is a legendary therapist and has probably more experience with LSD then anyone on the planet. 
His books are amazing. Especially: "Realms of the human unconscious: Observations from LSD Research" and "The way of the psychonaut"