benny

Create your own AI-generated art!

11 posts in this topic

@benny

3 hours ago, benny said:

Seriously, there are no words. Absolutely incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=704brywiyfw

It's great and all, but I wouldn't be encouraging this kind of thing. Instead of telling us to just use the A.I to produce images, you should be telling us instead to be drawing, or doodling something on paper or digital. I can easily see that this program, if that's all you're doing is just typing some keywords and making the A.I do the majority of the drawing, takes away the necessary time and effort of actually drawing.

@Danioover9000 I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I'm sharing it with the community and they can do as they please.

I

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@benny

Instead of telling us to just use the A.I to produce images, you should be telling us instead to be drawing, or doodling something on paper or digital. 

Some people will enhance their art with assistance from AI, some will steer clear of it, and others will use AI exclusively. There are no should or should nots. Quit your moralizing.

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@benny

if that's all you're doing is just typing some keywords and making the A.I do the majority of the drawing, takes away the necessary time and effort of actually drawing.

Doesn't look like it will be necessary for much longer ;)

@benny

1 hour ago, benny said:

@Danioover9000 I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I'm sharing it with the community and they can do as they please.

I

Some people will enhance their art with assistance from AI, some will steer clear of it, and others will use AI exclusively. There are no should or should nots. Quit your moralizing.

Doesn't look like it will be necessary for much longer ;)

I wish I could take your attitude, and say the exact things to the younger generation about social media sites like Tik Tok, YouTube, Twitch and others, there are some over consumers, some moderate consumers, some who rarely don't go online. I'd love that mentality, except that big online businesses can and will still incentivize more frequent use of social media, even against the face of growing evidence of negative impact to their cognition, and length of attention span. I honestly get worried of my generation becoming more stupid and obsolete by A.I when they can't even answer basic world history and common knowledge:

I didn't mean to make it sound like you were indoctrinating users, it's just some influencers do this a lot, and don't realize the extent of damage they are causing to younger minds.

Kali Yuga here we come :/

@Danioover9000
That video you linked poisons the rest of your message there buddy. Awful cherry-picked sampling it makes me cringe. ?

@Seth

4 hours ago, Seth said:

@Danioover9000
That video you linked poisons the rest of your message there buddy. Awful cherry-picked sampling it makes me cringe. ?

Dude, it's well known that social media rots your brain's ability to focus for longer and intense concentration. Drawing from observation trains those areas of the brain, other soft qualities like observation and patience and gives you better concentration, sense making and equanimity. Most Zoomer people will not put as much importance on training their skillsets that'll generate more more value or massive values in the field of drawing for example. They're more likely to zone out in their comfort zone over consuming pop culture shit and Tik Tok. I mean they can do them and whatever hedonism they want and even over consume, but they are screwing themselves and not me, their lose not mine. I just see how sad it'll be for drawing quality of young artists to drop after this.

The AI art stuff starting to come out is absolutely amazing. Here's an example of a guy who does psychedelic AI art with a custom fork of disco diffusion: https://www.instagram.com/aetherialdnb/. I've been playing around a lot with midjourney myself and as someone with absolutely no talent in this area it has been super fun.

Edited by thepixelmonk

numbercrushers are not capable of exploring a field outside their training data. prompts only allow one to navigate inside a multidimensional space of all possible outputs defined by the model, but if user comes up with anything relatively original to it, it's unhelpful. even if you had infinite numbers of such models working in tandem for infinite amounts of time, without new inputs, they would generate no unique insight ever. (i mean, obviously the substrate of consciousness is infinitely creative by itself, but this grows outside initial computational models, if such mechanical isolation were possible within our plane of existence which doesn't make sense or anything)

agi can potentially exist, but not in a way we will be fully able to understand how it is intelligent. this is the trick. if you are reducing agi to a computation, then by definition this is not general intelligence, only the result of that one particular computation. genetic engineering could potentially lead to agi, but this is not going to be as mathematically satisfying as researchers dream it to be.

not saying ai is not useful, this is an incredible iteration over search engines, but im not sure if it is "the meat grinder of understandings" that will solve consciousness somehow (even if it is). it will definitely benefit this reality, but im only writing this to provide a balanced opinion

comfy introduction to machine learning:

p-pls notice me

Edited by nuwu

@nuwu

6 hours ago, nuwu said:

numbercrushers are not capable of exploring a field outside their training data. prompts only allow one to navigate inside a multidimensional space of all possible outputs defined by the model, but if user comes up with anything relatively original to it, it's unhelpful. even if you had infinite numbers of such models working in tandem for infinite amounts of time, without new inputs, they would generate no unique insight ever. (i mean, obviously the substrate of consciousness is infinitely creative by itself, but this grows outside initial computational models, if such mechanical isolation were possible within our plane of existence which doesn't make sense or anything)

agi can potentially exist, but not in a way we will be fully able to understand how it is intelligent. this is the trick. if you are reducing agi to a computation, then by definition this is not general intelligence, only the result of that one particular computation. genetic engineering could potentially lead to agi, but this is not going to be as mathematically satisfying as researchers dream it to be.

not saying ai is not useful, this is an incredible iteration over search engines, but im not sure if it is "the meat grinder of understandings" that will solve consciousness somehow (even if it is). it will definitely benefit this reality, but im only writing this to provide a balanced opinion

comfy introduction to machine learning:

p-pls notice me

Very nice share, thanks.

@Danioover9000 t-thanx! not saying ai isnt sentient nor creative (everything is equally creative). i feel like researchers might be misguided about agi, since the theory that "scale is everything" has been increasingly popular (even though all layers of reality are already scaled to infinite)

results of gpt3 and all the big language models and large models including our ones have shown that scale is clearly going to be a necessary but perhaps not sufficient part of an agi solution

https://youtu.be/Gfr50f6ZBvo?t=3308

maybe agi could be realized with quantum computer, but "solving intelligence" might be impossible. we're more like loops of experience exploding within themselves than any computational structures https://youtu.be/-7mAU6YDIcU

GPT-4 will possibly have 100 trillion parameters, so a 200 terabyte trained model (assuming 2 byte float / params) https://towardsdatascience.com/gpt-4-will-have-100-trillion-parameters-500x-the-size-of-gpt-3-582b98d82253 if the chinese room argument ever applied to something, that has to be it. its like doing 3d rendering but pre-rendering every camera position in blender and showing the frames

also ive no idea what im talking about, not sure if that matters

Edited by nuwu