Julian gabriel

Models like Spyral Dynamics? far reaching models.

16 posts in this topic

Anyone know of any models which are similar to spyral dynamics?

especially models which show how patters are repeated in many seemingly unrelated places.  As in how something can be seen in both in the mind and in the cosmos. 

Check out Ken Wilbers work. He is all about integrating interior and exterior phenomena into a coherent framework.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

Check out Ken Wilbers work. He is all about integrating interior and exterior phenomena into a coherent framework.

@Nilsi Anything specific that hes done? i already looked into him a little bit but i couldn't find much. 

9 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Nilsi Anything specific that hes done? i already looked into him a little bit but i couldn't find much. 

"A Brief History Of Everything" is a good starting place; if you're really motivated i recommend "Sex, Ecology, Spirituality," that's really his masterpiece, but it packs a whopping 800 pages.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Julian gabriel How did you look into Ken Wilber and not find anything?

All he does is talk about developmental theories — Integral theory. 

@Nilsi I'd suggest Dustin Diperna's book, "Streams of Wisdom".  Dustin was a student of Ken's. And somehow, he does Ken Wilber better than Ken Wilber. Dustin can explain the complex theories better than ken, IMO.

Edited by herghly

2 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Julian gabriel How did you look into Ken Wilber and not find anything?

All he does is talk about developmental theories — Integral theory. 

@Nilsi I'd suggest Dustin Diperna's book, "Streams of Wisdom".  Dustin was a student of Ken's. And somehow, he does Ken Wilber better than Ken Wilber. Dustin can explain the complex theories better than ken, IMO.

@herghly thanks. it was more like i felt like i had heard it before rather than not finding anything. 

@Julian gabriel It may feel that way. Integral theory is a meta-theory. It combines all the developmental theories together to make a larger, comprehensive developmental map. 

20 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Julian gabriel

There's only so much time in a day unfortunately. I'd rather learn something new than endlessly ruminate on Ken's ideas. 

2 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

Anyone know of any models which are similar to spyral dynamics?

especially models which show how patters are repeated in many seemingly unrelated places.  As in how something can be seen in both in the mind and in the cosmos. 

Spiral Dynamics is related to other stage theories in developmental psychology like Piaget, Kohlberg, Erikson, Loevinger etc. 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The Thematic Hierarchy maps out development beyond what Spiral Dynamics does.

You'll need to have serious insight to get it.

4 minutes ago, Artsu said:

The Thematic Hierarchy maps out development beyond what Spiral Dynamics does.

You'll need to have serious insight to get it.

STOP ?

48 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

STOP ?

You witness a genius, groundbreaking discovery and this is your reaction?

16 minutes ago, Artsu said:

You witness a genius, groundbreaking discovery and this is your reaction?

Everybody has had the thought of correlating MBTI with SD, but only you took it seriously.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Everybody has had the thought of correlating MBTI with SD, but only you took it seriously.

Apparently only I succeeded.

Pod'lair refers to it as the SS index. Concrete to abstract. It actually is how development works, in almost every developmental model I've seen.

You can disagree with my model, but your tall poppy syndrome bullying is not flattering for anyone let alone a moderator.

Is this who moderates this site? I'm not just talking about you.

This place is an evil echo chamber of delusion.

What am I even doing here? I'm a good person, I don't follow Kali.

Just admit when you're not intelligent enough to understand something. Enough of this egoic bashing of that which is beyond you.

The end.

Edited by Artsu

43 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Apparently only I succeeded.

By which metric?