ValiantSalvatore

Why Do Some People Who Behave Unconsciously Seem To Grow So Fast?

14 posts in this topic

There are a few people I notice who definitely (of course you can never tell 100% ) do not know a lot or even anything about self-actualization in combination with spiritual growth or working toward enlightenment. Why do some of them seem to grow so fast without all of this information ? Or am I just being delusional . I get this feeling everytime I believe to see people who are working on their interpretation of self-actualization without meditation or any form of contemplation. That they just deny that part of "themselves". And are completly ignoring that feeling and going immediately back to their way of conducting thier lives which has been imposed upon them by society , parents , themselves etc.. So, this is probably a petty ego reaction still (from me ) but why do these people grow or seem to grow faster than me ? And why is it so difficult to meet people who are either unconsciously or consciously on the same path. I've meet people who are geniuently authentic most of the time I don't think you can be authentic the whole time, without being enlightent even if that would only be an idea or perspective I hold. Before this turns into a self-help crying session what are your thoughts on people who grow unconsciously and consciously what are the key differences and charateristics these people have ?

Edit: Of course that can also be just my unconscious perspective assuming that other people are unconscious. Does it not take consciousness to see and recognize unconsciousness and also does it not take consciousness to deny consciousness or  unconsciousness ? Lol ?

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I see others as being. Key in self devompent is self actually. however I think you are over thinking this. Ask your self how fast you've grown do you see yourself as just being or is it some ace else?

everybody is growing.  in some number of years i think you'll see a huge difference in happiness between people you know who do PD and people who don't

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SLICKHAWK

I see others as being. 

That is definitely the feeling I get with some people especially when I meet them. Some come from an conditioned state and some from a place heartfelt. That is the best way I can describe it. Or it is similiar to a state of flow. Well.. how fast a have grown is also relative. I can say I have come pretty far depending where I was , yet I do not want to go back to that lazy attitude and that is why I am continuing implementing and working stuff related to personal development. I journal a lot. I can definitely tell that I am not a "being" , "god", "atman" and what other names there are. Sometimes I get the feeling of it and I am grateful for that. So, I guess the question would come back to as what do I see myself ? Pretty much the notion everyone else gave me and seeing it through to some degree at the same time ? Or I don't know who I am. That would basically it and I think both is true for me now at the moment. Thinking does not really help here. That is why I would like to go to a meditation retreat. Yet, I still seem to care more about the outer world lol. Which I also have been denying.

Well I get this feeling everytime too. I call them perfect people. They seem to be perfect in my eyes. Like the perfect girl/boy in the classroom or the perfect colleague at the workplace.  They don't seem to be needing much self actualization. They appear as highly self actualized people. They obviously have differences that sets them apart from regular folks. A key characteristic which is found profoundly in them is 'balance.' They pretty much balance everything in their lives. The other important qualities they share are - deep intellectual awareness, general wisdom, quiet temperament, discipline, honesty, maturity(they begin to appear or show maturity at a very early age unlike most of us), empathy, and a very high level of understanding. They don't need (or at least they don't seem to be needing) any baseline coaching and they can handle tough complicated situations pretty well.

They are what you can call 'lucky ones.' But instead of being jealous/envious of them, you can choose to admire them and learn a lot by being in their company.

To answer the second part of the question, In my opinion they do have a greater level of consciousness. They being unconscious may just be an assumption. They may have better pre-emptive reasoning skills and analytical skills which may  suggest that they are not that unconscious or unaware.

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I also see many people who are not into self development who are growing at a rapid rate. I think it is because they may be more engaged with real life than self-help junkies typically are. They are essentially taking action and getting shit done whilst picking up lessons from first hand experience. And the advice that comes from this can be more powerful than any self help book for living your life well in a practical way in my opinion. 

@Loreena It is not them :D. I feel happy for the lucky people, most of my professors are like this(And these are some of the people to who I feel a connection.). They just seem very wise and have a lot of live experience and most of the qualities mentioned by you. What is meant is, people who are also growing still immature and yeah seem to be the perfect pick. The typical high school popular guy or girl. I got to knew the kind of people I am referring to and they do not even greet me or look at me now and I did nothing. I can critize myself for that I did not provide value, I am very good at listening and most of the time give some insights into peoples emotions, yet they do not seem to care even when I listened and funnily after that seemed more interested but it is like their ego is in their way of acknowledging something that I have and they don't. They are stuck somewhere... more on a moral level instead of an interpersonal. (Where I am growing so it might seem to me that they are more developed). They definitely can't handle their emotions, yet they seem to be on a good way to do that and I am nowhere near the mastery of my emotions although I am becoming and being pretty independt in that case. People validate and it is like yeah thanks and I smile and that is it lol.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

This most likely has a lot to do with how the person was raised and possibly life experience especially if the individual dealt with a very varied and diverse upbringing.  

Maybe past lives have something to do with this phenomena :D xD:P (for those that believe in them of course but we can't rule out the possibility) 

Who knows...

Edited by Live Life Liam

1 hour ago, Christian said:

I also see many people who are not into self development who are growing at a rapid rate. I think it is because they may be more engaged with real life than self-help junkies typically are. They are essentially taking action and getting shit done whilst picking up lessons from first hand experience. And the advice that comes from this can be more powerful than any self help book for living your life well in a practical way in my opinion. 

This! They take action all the time and always strive for goals.

But in the end they will find out that growth is not the answer. Being is the answer to everything! If people seems to grow fast then you should now that they will never come to the finish line if they ignore Truth.

1 minute ago, cirkussmile said:

This! They take action all the time and always strive for goals.

But in the end they will find out that growth is not the answer. Being is the answer to everything! If people seems to grow fast then you should now that they will never come to the finish line if they ignore Truth.

I agree with that notion, but I also think it should come from the right place. I find from my own life that sometimes I use being as a distraction from taking action or doing and I feel guilty. It is always lurking in the background and maybe that is a sign that being is not the most important thing right now. I can never really be truly present because it is like escapism for me at this point. But that's because I do not have a promising career, meaningful relationships, emotional control, etc. I am still working on that at a beginner/intermediate level. But sure, if a person has all that; good career, relationships, confidence, basic needs covered, if they ignore enlightenment and become success-junkies then yea, they will not be at their peak potential. Tony Robbins is an example of that...

13 minutes ago, Christian said:

I agree with that notion, but I also think it should come from the right place. I find from my own life that sometimes I use being as a distraction from taking action or doing and I feel guilty. It is always lurking in the background and maybe that is a sign that being is not the most important thing right now. I can never really be truly present because it is like escapism for me at this point. But that's because I do not have a promising career, meaningful relationships, emotional control, etc. I am still working on that at a beginner/intermediate level. But sure, if a person has all that; good career, relationships, confidence, basic needs covered, if they ignore enlightenment and become success-junkies then yea, they will not be at their peak potential. Tony Robbins is an example of that...

Being doesn't mean sitting still and doing nothing. Action will always be taken as long as you are a human body. Let the action happen and don't think that if you take action you miss being. If you feel that you need to do something but suppress it because of "being is better", you are denying yourself with thought. Meditation definitely helps removing thoughts about what you should or shouldn't do.

Edited by cirkussmile

@ValiantSalvatore Growth is useless!! The Ego is always unsatisfied. All that we are doing here is going back to our true nature; Confident, courageous, happy....

Everyone is nothing more than everything they've experienced. Their "choices" are just the next action in their causation. Enlightenment is the realization and therefore freedom from this. Resistant thinking (thinking anything is bad) is the prison. 

You're noticing people who grew up with less resistant thinking around them, so they appear free to you. Keep in mind everything is relative to each persons experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE