d0ornokey

Will Self Actualization Work Help With My Ocd?

12 posts in this topic

So, I'm reading a book about OCD. The one that my OCD therapist highly recommended me read. I am on a chapter about the role of medication and it's talking about how OCD is part biology and part learned. In some people, the biology response is greater than others and medication would help just like insulin would help a diabetic. However, I am not a fan of medication and prefer to dominate OCD by myself. However, if this is true then FUCK. Is it a limiting belief to believe I can't cure my OCD by myself? Will self actualization help my cure my OCD regardless of how bad my OCD gets? Thanks

Self actualization, maybe.  Consciousness work, definitely!  Look for leos videos on higher and lower consciousness and awareness.  Also the Enlightenment videos helped with my ocd which is almost nonexistent now

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@d0ornokey What is your specific obsession?

Currently it's "what if I'm being weird to people close to me" so I tend to act really different and it causes me severe anxiety and exhaustion. However, OCD doesn't just get "cured" because once you solve and eliminate anxiety over one obsession it morphs and hooks onto another fear. 

@d0ornokey Dude, you can overcome the fear of DEATH!

What you're talking about is shallow peanuts compared to what true growth can conquer.

Time to roll up your sleeves.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@d0ornokey Dude, you can overcome the fear of DEATH!

What you're talking about is shallow peanuts compared to what true growth can conquer.

Time to roll up your sleeves.

@d0ornokey Yup. Get it get it. Remember that all of life is part biology part something something.  There is a saying, "Genetics load the gun, but lifestyle pulls the trigger." Don't let the medical and psychiatric community put limiting beliefs in your mind. They are operating from principles of helping people who can't always help themselves and averages. Remember, they have to work within a lot of confines re: time with patients, reasonable expectations, studies about what *most* humans do, how to bill and process, etc. If you are down to change and willing to work, you can. 

*Retraction: not even what *most* humans do, just a statistically significant amount.

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

@d0ornokey PS if it makes you feel any more confident...

My anxiety used to be so bad that I once went to Urgent Care thinking I was having a heart attack. My brother has the same issue and was in the ER more than once. I also used to dissociate, which is a serious ass symptom (disconnecting from reality in an obvious way).

I was on meds for this. Tossed em and did Buddhist chanting instead. No more symptoms. My bro is still on stuff but moved to Washington where he could smoke weed and meditate without a legal issue. He's much better.

(Please don't abruptly stop meds, not a good idea. If you're put on any, taper off with a doc's supervision.)

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

Replace thoughts if you obsess about thoughts, and replace habits if you obsess on habits. Start excercising every morning and make a 10 point routine to follow. Lace your shoes specifically left then right. Do 5 stretches in the same order every morning. ETC. Focus that acute energy on behavior that is beneficial to you. Use what you got! The exercise will greatly improve the anxiety. I'm not a doctor of course, but I had bad anxiety when I was younger and I tried everything. The only thing that worked was a morning routine / ritual of excercise and meditation (and stopped eating sugar & bad carbs) Aniexty has been completely gone ever since. About 20 years. 

What I learned, for me, is that when you want to be doing something for yourself, and you're not, you have anxiety. It's a sneaky bugger though because it's right in your perception so it seems like you were "born with it" or like it's being triggered from some thing or situation. If you stop and think about it though, where is the anxiety? It in you. So is happiness. Try to see it as a gift of desire for bettering yourself that is so powerful it will not resolve until you start doing for yourself what you want to do for yourself. 

Another way to be free of anxiety is to make a list of blinders. A good friend who knows you well can be helpful. Just write down two lists; one of what you're doing, and another of what you want to be doing. When they don't match, you have found your opportunity to align with your desires for self and be free of the anxiety.

Example: Do you want to be someone who smokes cigarettes? NO. Do you smoke cigarettes? Yes. Then you have a blinder. You have perceived reality in such a way as to accommodate your smoking. The anxiety is telling you that you are unaligned with your desire to be carcinogen free. When you are conscious of it, it is no longer a habit. Replace it with a beneficial habit, like taking deep breathes, stretching, meditating, drinking water, etc.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2/9/2017 at 10:06 PM, eskwire said:

@d0ornokey Yup. Get it get it. Remember that all of life is part biology part something something.  There is a saying, "Genetics load the gun, but lifestyle pulls the trigger." Don't let the medical and psychiatric community put limiting beliefs in your mind. They are operating from principles of helping people who can't always help themselves and averages. Remember, they have to work within a lot of confines re: time with patients, reasonable expectations, studies about what *most* humans do, how to bill and process, etc. If you are down to change and willing to work, you can. 

*Retraction: not even what *most* humans do, just a statistically significant amount.

Thank you so much. This helped like crazy. In the happiness hypothesis it says 60% of happiness is genetics... In my OCD back it says 50% could be biology... But these are all for average people that are NOT in personal development. Thanks for the rekindle of hope. That "averages" rule is really powerful