Danioover9000

Severe sore throat and fever. Help.

19 posts in this topic

Context: 2 days ago I had fapped 4 times, had 2 extra coffees, and had had a very stressful day that day, not a regular masturbator and had binged due to over stress. Had to live temporarily at a friend's house to look after two cats for one night also. During the afternoon, I felt a swelling and a very familiar sensation of cold and sore throat, followed by some back pain, followed by a few nightmares.

Yesterday I felt hot and cold and hot and cold, followed by slightly more pain in throat. Had added much more salt than normal, and forced myself to sleep few hours more and nap longer. Late afternoon to midnight I had runny nose, very watery, and blood from my left nostril.

Today, symptoms have had decreased a little bit, still on the salts and taking some meds.

I've never have had this sore throat so severely, I rarely get ill like this.

Is this because of too much stress?

Too much coffee?

Picked up a common flu virus? Although I'm always careful and wash hands very frequently, as I have a fear of germs.

Is this because I masturbated too much? I rarely binge like this, so I really suspect this could be the one major factor.

Anyone with a similar experience, and solutions, please share.

No, too much masturbation can't cause physical illness lol. In fact it probably helped release some of your stress. Which I imagine is the main issue and what caused you to get sick.

Stress weakens the immune system, so you caught something that made you sick that your body would normally fight off. Coffee also doesn't help stress as it artificially increases your heart rate and stimulates your nervous system.

Stressed people don't live as long on average as relaxed people, so find more ways to relax besides fapping, and eat healthy/cut back on caffeine.

hrhrhtewgfegege

You have cold my friend. It's ok to get ill occasionally, get over it, you are a human, you will get sick again and again. Fapping has nothing to do with it. 

Rest, make a nice vegetable soup and be gentle with yourself. No need to take anything, let the body heal itself 

That stress ain't helping either. 

Take care!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just sounds like you have a cold, flu, or covid. Pretty normal and healthy to get sick occasionally. 

@Roy

14 hours ago, Roy said:

No, too much masturbation can't cause physical illness lol. In fact it probably helped release some of your stress. Which I imagine is the main issue and what caused you to get sick.

Stress weakens the immune system, so you caught something that made you sick that your body would normally fight off. Coffee also doesn't help stress as it artificially increases your heart rate and stimulates your nervous system.

Stressed people don't live as long on average as relaxed people, so find more ways to relax besides fapping, and eat healthy/cut back on caffeine.

I am not a stressed person, I am a chill person most days of the year. I just caught an extremely bad day when I was stressed from life, coffee, and over fapping myself. In fact, on the third and fourth fap, is when I felt the sickness come on. Are you really saying there's no connection between too much fapping and sickness?

@Michael569

14 hours ago, Michael569 said:

You have cold my friend. It's ok to get ill occasionally, get over it, you are a human, you will get sick again and again. Fapping has nothing to do with it. 

Rest, make a nice vegetable soup and be gentle with yourself. No need to take anything, let the body heal itself 

That stress ain't helping either. 

Take care!

Thanks for reassuring words, but it feels like my over fapping kick started the cold, on top of the other stresses. I have forced myself to stop, and now I'm feeling slightly better, in fact my swelling is reduced, and am just in the coughing, running nose and phlegm phase this quickly. Is this normal?

@Stovo

13 hours ago, Stovo said:

Just sounds like you have a cold, flu, or covid. Pretty normal and healthy to get sick occasionally. 

What's not normal about this cold, is that this cold coincided with my high number of fapping, coffee and bad day. I am a very careful person snd take all precautions against disease.

Every time my mother has coffee with a very stressful day she gets sick the next day with a sore throat. it's happened multiple times for years until I fixed it by replacing her coffee with decaf.

The point is to much stress can cause this, it happens and you need to just rest. 

Masturbating four times in a row your body is depleted of nutrients temporarily exasperating the issue.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

In fact, on the third and fourth fap, is when I felt the sickness come on. Are you really saying there's no connection between too much fapping and sickness?

Aright here is what I want you to do. Get on the phone and call your doctor, if you can't get a hold of them call a telehealth nurse. Say to them, 

"I think I jerked off so much I gave myself strep throat. What do I do?"

Then listen carefully to hear their reaction.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy

On 01/08/2022 at 7:05 PM, Roy said:

Aright here is what I want you to do. Get on the phone and call your doctor, if you can't get a hold of them call a telehealth nurse. Say to them, 

"I think I jerked off so much I gave myself strep throat. What do I do?"

Then listen carefully to hear their reaction.

Well, I contacted the doctor, and booked an appointment, so will see what's what when I will send them blood samples.

6 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Roy

Well, I contacted the doctor, and booked an appointment, so will see what's what when I will send them blood samples.

Its not getting better with a good night of sleep?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral

7 minutes ago, integral said:

Its not getting better with a good night of sleep?

Not significantly, it's taking longer than it should, and I am currently sleeping a total of 10 hours instead of the 8-7 prior, and longer naps. This is fucking ridiculous if the major factor here was just over masturbating. I am so not going to sex binge and drink too much coffee on a very bad dayxD

@integral  I suspect it may have to do with adrenal fatigue or something with my thalamus or thyroid as every time I over fap, I fely strange discomforts around my chest and throat besides my balls, and phantom pains may indicate something with my nervous system.

@hyruga

10 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Good chance it's covid

Unlikely, as I haven't been coughing or struggling to breath.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@integral

Not significantly, it's taking longer than it should, and I am currently sleeping a total of 10 hours instead of the 8-7 prior, and longer naps. This is fucking ridiculous if the major factor here was just over masturbating. I am so not going to sex binge and drink too much coffee on a very bad dayxD

lmaooo, I dont its an infection. Have you been reducing your stress to 0? no coffee, light exercise/walk, relaxing in the body? Concentration with out proper breathing = stress. 

If fapping caused colds, classrooms would be empty.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

If fapping caused colds, classrooms would be empty.

Dude, those are teenagers. I'm in my late 20's getting older, how's that got to do with my condition? Unless you're making an argument that I have hormonal deficiencies compared to those boys, I don't care as my body's different than theirs. I'm not saying all men and all boys and all users reading this should stop fapping, I'm saying that I over fapped myself and that combined with other factors that accumulated into more stress for me, making my condition far worse. It's still unclear to me though what other factors are at play that made me very severely ill, which is why I booked the doctors.

55 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I'm saying that I over fapped myself and that combined with other factors that accumulated into more stress for me, making my condition far worse.

I guess a hyper-prolactin state could make a cold feel more taxing in terms of energy levels.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.