Kross

Having a hard time sucking it up

7 posts in this topic

I'm 20. I know I HAVE to focus and work on moving out of my parents' house, getting financially independent and building my career, but I've been feeling a lot of pain due to loneliness since the last 1.5 years and just can't seem to solve it in any way. I don't have any siblings, cousins, friends, girlfriend, etc. And any time I try getting some, I get reminded of my shit financial issues and that I'm supposed to working on them first. But I feel too disheartened these days just being all alone locked up in my room. I think I'm going insane and have no clue where I'll end up, can anyone help :( (Also, I've watched a ton of Leo's videos and they don't seem to help me in this regard, I just forget everything said in the video after a couple of days)

Edited by Kross

In relation to making money, I can’t really give you any advice. You could possibly try getting into something low effort high reward like programming

But if you have like $20 spare a week you can go to a club ever weekend, have a great night and speak to tons of new people.

If it’s girls you want look for girls who have their own place, they don’t even need to know you still live w your parents

Otherwise just look for an after party of some kind and you’ll meet tons of people that way

If I was you I'd change up my beliefs and mindsets.

This is the only thing keeping you away from friends and money.

If you can focus on improving this day by day, even just a teeny tiny little bit.

You can not imagine the results you will have.

Here are a few mindsets I'd implement asap.

-I do not need money to have friends

-I do not need friends to have money

-I do not need to be pain free to have money

This is, if you really want to change.

I'd enquire deeply why I am poor and lonely.

What is the benefit for you to be poor and lonely?

Yes, changing those beliefs and mindsets is important. On a more practical note: making friends and making money can be combined. There are people at jobs, and those people can be befriended, while your job pays the bills. Two birds with one stone. :D

23 hours ago, Kross said:

I'm 20. I know I HAVE to focus and work on moving out of my parents' house, getting financially independent and building my career, but I've been feeling a lot of pain due to loneliness since the last 1.5 years and just can't seem to solve it in any way. I don't have any siblings, cousins, friends, girlfriend, etc. And any time I try getting some, I get reminded of my shit financial issues and that I'm supposed to working on them first. But I feel too disheartened these days just being all alone locked up in my room. I think I'm going insane and have no clue where I'll end up, can anyone help :( (Also, I've watched a ton of Leo's videos and they don't seem to help me in this regard, I just forget everything said in the video after a couple of days)

Depending on where you live, you should be able to afford a small flat or share one with some roommates while working a sidegig. I got my own place when I was 18 (I know I'm fucking privileged and I was able to save a lot of money until I was 18 and in europe your parents get money from the state to support you, which they will have to give you once you no longer live with them) and it was one of the best moves in my life. At your age it shouldn't be too hard to make some friends if you really try, you might have to put some work into it, depending on how social and charismatic you are. Bro, you can show up in the world however the fuck you want, you naturally will not have a clear sense of personality and identity at that age but that's great news, just pretend you're an actor and put on a good show and see how things go. And hey, maybe you actually meet some people you really fuck with, with whom you can actually be real and authentic and vulnerable and that's really top tier stuff. That's really all in the realm of definitely doable. You are so young, you can basically do whatever the fuck you want and not lose much. You have no obligations, no family to feed, no friends to please, no job to lose. Go out there and make as many mistakes as possible, that's how you grow. 

You got it friend :)

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Kross Get a high-paying job in programming, accounting, sales, electrician, etc. High-paying job is the answer. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura