Alta

How to enter the flow state?

19 posts in this topic

while creating music on my computer my feeling of ego would dissolve and instead of me that is creating music it changes to that I identify with creation, and its just such a calm state. But I can't enter it on a whim sometimes, so is there a way to develop the ability to enter this flow state?

@Alta how do you create music?  What apps do you use ? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Alta I just googled it. Its paid . Is there anything similar for free ?

-Osho

@Someone here Can't help you with that. Many stuff is paid but people are getting it for free you know

20 minutes ago, Alta said:

while creating music on my computer my feeling of ego would dissolve and instead of me that is creating music it changes to that I identify with creation, and its just such a calm state. But I can't enter it on a whim sometimes, so is there a way to develop the ability to enter this flow state?

Flow state is a trance. It is basically akin to meditation or in sports what is called the zone. You need to cease thinking. It happens from intense concentration, almost like self-hypnosis.

Very similar to this. 

The more you do something the more you will enter this state and is akin to mastery. Muscle Memory is a huge provider of this. 

A feeling of oneness with everything, you are stuck in the present. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86  Thank you! I'll also try practicing more kundalini breath ego dissolving

56 minutes ago, Alta said:

You can’t enter the flow state of being if you want to enter it as someone. “I” is still there, notice it. You can’t do it on a whim. There is a subtle mental game here. It is very important to recognize this game. 
ask yourself: who is going to enter? Do you recognize the absurdity here? 

There is no one there. There is no cognition. If you have any cognition of “I”, you are still going in a wrong direction, direction of mind where identity is going to condense ever more. 

what helps me: total razor sharp attention, whatever is in front of you. Loose yourself into it: it helps a lot when I am with someone, by paying attention and becoming a person I talk to. “I”completely forget myself, becoming a being. Mind is shut and transparent. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Flow state

Lol.

This one is better. 

Flow state as explained by Whis in this video:

Action that comes from pure impulse. When fear, hesitation and all egoic efforts to control the outcome are gone. Then life is moving life without any blocks of the ego. It's also called wu wei in daoism. Learning to follow the currents of vital force and becoming absolutely in sync with existence that there is absolutely no delay between movement of intention/prana and actual manifestaion of the action.

At the end Whis says energy goes so fuckin high that all duality dissapears. Total oneness. Fight is happening without a fighter. Just cosmos dancing.

So beautiful. I cry every time watching that video ? (not really)

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Alta I just googled it. Its paid . Is there anything similar for free ?

I'm using Reaper. It's free for the first 60 days, then it's technically "paid" in the way that Winrar is but uses the honors system, so you just close a popup every time you open it and can keep using it indefinitely.

I'm waiting to see if there's a Black Friday sale on either FL Studio or Ableton before I upgrade to one of those as a premium paid option.

3 hours ago, Alta said:

At least for me, it's just about doing something single-minded and focused where you only concentrate on that one thing. When I write, I don't let myself look at my phone, open my email, start browsing the web. Consistently once I start, I just keep going and before long 2 - 3 hours have passed but it feels like I've only been working for 20 minutes. If you lack the discipline, turn your phone off completely and look for chrome plugins where you can lock yourself out of certain websites (or all of them) for a set amount of time.

There's a minimum time of about 15 - 20 minutes of focus required before you start entering flow state. If you get distracted it takes another 15+ minutes to get back into it.

You can’t enter the flow state of being if you want to enter it as someone. “I” is still there, notice it. You can’t do it on a whim. There is a subtle mental game here. It is very important to recognize this game. 
ask yourself: who is going to enter? Do you recognize the absurdity here? 

There is no one there. There is no cognition. If you have any cognition of “I”, you are still going in a wrong direction, direction of mind where identity is going to condense ever more. 

Unnecessarily putting layers of spirituality/mysticism onto it. I can very much enter a flow state with an ego and sense of self.

(People using anime as examples)

Watching cartoons going super saiyan and flying around is not helpful advice on attaining flow state. Stop lol.

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco thanks for the info. 

@Alta 

In answering your question..flow state happens when you engage in something you deeply enjoy or passionate about .so pick a hobby that inspires you and just keep practicing it night and day until you become good at it . 

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Watching cartoons going super saiyan and flying around is not helpful advice on attaining flow state. Stop lol.

Bias pure bias. So much bias in this statement it makes no sense. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

I can very much enter a flow state with an ego and sense of self

I don’t know what “flow” you are talking about. The flow I was referring to doesn’t have any cognition of the so-called ego. If there is any ego there, it is not a true state of impersonal awareness. If you truly entered that state even once, you would recognize that there wasn’t  anyone there to register this fact. You can only notice postfactum. 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Dbz rules. 

I constantly see references to enlightenment and spiritually in these anime. I love it.

There's one anime called yi nian yong heng full of daoists spirituality in it. But it could be too advanced for this forum. Only those who understand something about daoist esoteric spirituality can watch that show and enjoy it like i do. ? 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Dbz rules. 

I constantly see references to enlightenment and spiritually in these anime. I love it.

There's one anime called yi nian yong heng full of daoists spirituality in it. But it could be too advanced for this forum. Only those who understand something about daoist esoteric spirituality can watch that show and enjoy it like i do. ? 

Thank you, an open mind can learn from anything, even an ant can bestow wisdom if you see clearly. Yes DBZ definitely has some wisdom in it.

Thank you all for the help. I've watched Rupert Spira podcast where Rupert and Jonny Wilkinson talked about flow state. Supporting Galyna's words that there is no apparent individual that is creating music, but as if I become the creation of music and only use my body as a tool, just no ego-self. Rupert said the same thing that when sportsman enters flow state he loses himself and becomes just "I am". Also another cartoon that is full of wisdom is Avatar the last airbender, never stops to amaze me. Actually I saw a very nice topic here where someone analyzed every character and has put them in spiral dynamics model, which again just shocked me how this cartoon was ahead of its time

On 7/21/2022 at 0:05 PM, Salvijus said:

Dbz rules. 

This anime is amazing for enlightenment references.

During my retreat I could feel a knot in my back in the same place as this scene.

And when I had my peak experience a few years ago on LSD, it felt like I was in the avatar state. Pure bliss and energy.