Arcangelo

Diet coke is not coke

9 posts in this topic

They look similar.

They smell similar.

But a diet coke will NEVER EVER be a coke. Doesn't matter how much you want it to be.

Because if a diet coke was a coke it will be called a coke not a diet coke.

That's why they use the word diet before coke, to differentiate.

What are your thoughts?

Is Coke Zero a diet coke? Or are they both just zero-calorie Coke branded beverages? Is caffeine-free diet coke a diet coke?

Don't ever go to the Southern US or you'll have a stroke. (A coke stroke, if you will.) They use the term Coke as a general term for all soda beverages in many areas. Imagine someone asking you what kind of Coke you want and you have to say Sprite with a straight face.

Edited by Yarco

If they can convince you that this shit without the cocaine in it is coke then they can convince you that the diet coke is coke. 

Names are just symbols and symbols are the map and not the territory. If the diet coke experience is the same as the regular coke experience then yes I would say they are the same. 

I miss the original coke bottles, such a nice design too. And flavour.

both are just different kinds of poison. My friend offered me a coke yesterday and I said no.

though, I still eat chips or instant noodles sometimes. So, I will cut that out of my diet soon too.

Don't drink that stuff.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

coke gives me hedaches after I drink it and I feel way dumber, It is like I lose 30% of my IQ for a few hours after I consume coke, even the diet one. 

Coke is addictive. I never tried once last week and now my body wants it all the time. I don’t know what they put inside of it. 

On 7/14/2022 at 2:31 PM, Jannes said:

If the diet coke experience is the same as the regular coke experience then yes I would say they are the same. 

Yes, but that is very subjective. Don't you think?

On 7/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, Danioover9000 said:

I miss the original coke bottles

Oh yeah, the antiques. I would love to have the pharmaceutical version with cocaine. Back in those days diet not even existed.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:20 AM, Thought Art said:

both are just different kinds of poison.

What do your rather: cancer (diet) or diabetes (regular)? Pick your poison...

Personally I drink: Coconut water, green tea, coffee and orange juice, squeezed by my own hands.